ClumsyMonkey.net

Potato Girl- What is it about?

This is for you, this is for us...

Potato Girl- What is it about?

Postby ivewaited » 3/21/2018, 4:10 am

Listening to Potato Girl.. I never really deciphered it.. Whose the potato girl (what's the reference) and is it about a one night stand or an angel?
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Re: Potato Girl- What is it about?

Postby xjsb125 » 3/21/2018, 6:51 am

I think it's about events in your life that bring you to them, and the struggle that you have in changing so they stay part of it, or do you stay as you are and carry on without them.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby titanMAX » 3/21/2018, 10:15 am

I always loved the bridge of this song. It's one of those parts I used to listen to over and over. Track 3 in OLP albums usually is guaranteed to be one of the best on it. And Potato Girl is definitely one of the best songs on Happiness.
titanMAX

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/21/2018, 9:41 pm

Potato post

:wall:
Last edited by ShatsBassoon on 3/21/2018, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShatsBassoon

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/21/2018, 9:43 pm

I'd have to agree with it being about an angel/spirit. The central theme of the happiness album was about obsession and Raine said that there was a lot of discussion about death during the making of the album.

Potatoes grow in the ground and that's where dead people are laid to rest. I would assume it's based around a dead girl that I imagine he never knew but was influenced by or possibly felt some sort of spiritual connection.

I dunno though! Maybe it's about the fry lady at Mc D's!

Interesting read about the happiness album. Little bit of foresite on Mike not really cutting it as a guitarist.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Happiness...%20Is%20Not%20a%20Fish%20That%20You%20Can%20Catch
ShatsBassoon

Postby blueseeka » 4/5/2018, 9:25 am

ShatsBassoon wrote:I'd have to agree with it being about an angel/spirit. The central theme of the happiness album was about obsession and Raine said that there was a lot of discussion about death during the making of the album.

Potatoes grow in the ground and that's where dead people are laid to rest. I would assume it's based around a dead girl that I imagine he never knew but was influenced by or possibly felt some sort of spiritual connection.

I dunno though! Maybe it's about the fry lady at Mc D's!

Interesting read about the happiness album. Little bit of foresite on Mike not really cutting it as a guitarist.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Happiness...%20Is%20Not%20a%20Fish%20That%20You%20Can%20Catch

That's a fun read. Thank you
blueseeka