ClumsyMonkey.net

Somethingness Volumes 1 and 2

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Somethingness Volumes 1 and 2

Postby matt292 » 1/22/2018, 3:11 pm

titanMAX wrote:It does seem waaay too quiet. I mean I was only around for the releases of Curve, Won't Turn Back, and TH tracks, but even those had a healthy buzz. I couldn't imagine how hype the albums before were.

Is it because of their PledgeMusic way of releasing that theirs no hype? Do they still have a label that does stuff for them?

It's probably quiet because they keep missing the dates they say stuff'll come out - they've pushed it back, what, 3 times?

I'm all for them taking time to make something they're proud of and what we can get behind and love - but if people are paying money up front for something... it's a bit off to promise things you can't live up to.

That said, I really like "Drop Me in the Water" and "Hiding Place". I've thoroughly enjoyed the youtube videos of Head Down, so hope that one comes out awesome in the EP.
matt292

Postby Syncopy » 1/23/2018, 4:44 pm

I messaged Raine on Twitter on the 10th and he said 3 weeks to upload onto streaming services from the following Monday, so Monday 5th of February. However he did also say snippets of songs were coming to Pledgers the following week which hasn't happened.

I've listened to Somethingness Vol 1 tonight and I still think the same thing I thought from the first time I heard it - it's great especially DMITW and HPFH, but it's only 4 songs. And it's over before it's began really. Been waiting for Vol 2 as much as for its songs as to be able to listen to Somethingness as an album, rather than as an EP.
Oh please forgive me / I'm just a man whose / made mistakes
Syncopy

Postby matt292 » 1/30/2018, 2:18 am

So Pledgemusic says fulfilment date is 23 Feb?
matt292

Postby blueseeka » 1/30/2018, 4:51 pm

They got a little pub this week on the edge102 in Toronto https://edge.ca/news/3982790/5-songs-yo ... this-week/
blueseeka

Postby Flynner » 1/31/2018, 9:20 pm

That's awesome, is "ballad of a poet" going to be the next single or "head down" ?...Feb 23rd is far away but it would be nice to have a set date on the release.
Flynner

Postby todddowney » 2/1/2018, 7:39 pm

Flynner wrote:That's awesome, is "ballad of a poet" going to be the next single or "head down" ?...Feb 23rd is far away but it would be nice to have a set date on the release.

I would imagine Head Down, though it doesn't matter much at this point. I figured the 23rd to be the date in which all items would be fulfilled (including physical cd's). I was more optimistic after Raine said 3 weeks from Monday, January 15th. However, those clips were never posted and there is no information out there regarding the release. The tour promotion has buried any talk of the new EP. Understandable, but it would be nice to get that going now.
todddowney

Postby neoncrossing » 2/6/2018, 8:37 am

Wow. Still no new music. Yesterday was the 3rd Monday when raine said it would be out. But I guess after 20 years as a fan I should be used to this by now. They should really stop publicly stating release information if they aren't actually certain. Shouldn't the music be out before the tour to help promote it? I'm just frustrated and anxious to hear the rest of this album. I really like part 1.
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby neoncrossing » 2/6/2018, 3:14 pm

As soon as I mention it they made it official. Update on pledge music. Feb 23 is the release date. Raine played a clip of Missing Pieces. It's interesting. Anyone else hear it?
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Syncopy » 2/6/2018, 3:21 pm

neoncrossing wrote:As soon as I mention it they made it official. Update on pledge music. Feb 23 is the release date. Raine played a clip of Missing Pieces. It's interesting. Anyone else hear it?

Sounds interesting. I hope it builds up into something though otherwise it’s a nice song that doesn’t go anywhere.
Oh please forgive me / I'm just a man whose / made mistakes
Syncopy

Postby Flynner » 2/6/2018, 4:49 pm

Where did he play it? Is there a link?....never mind UPDATE saw it on pledge, sounds good, we'll see. I like that album cover a lot more then volume 1 and glad there using that font I thought it was cool when they started using it for there name at the concerts last summer
Flynner

Postby titanMAX » 2/6/2018, 7:20 pm

I liked what I heard of Missing Pieces. Hopefully it's not a Hiding Place for Hearts situation where it builds and builds and then nothing happens.

Also if that is the album art for Volume 2, I absolutely hate it. At least have have some font consistency or something.
titanMAX

Postby titanMAX » 2/7/2018, 11:07 am

On second thought, I'm an idiot. The Vol. 1 is like a placeholder. This is better. I still hate the OLP logo though.
titanMAX

Postby matt292 » 2/8/2018, 9:36 am

So Feb 23rd it is:

Head Down
Nice to Meet You
Ballad of a Poet
Hiding Place for Hearts
Drop Me in the Water
Missing Pieces
Falling into Place
Let Me Live Again
Last Train
matt292

Postby natejc » 2/8/2018, 4:34 pm

No "Fix"? How hard is it to add a tenth song to an album and make it a nice round number? I don't understand Raine's disdain for the "Fix".
Well I promised you I would change, but I'm an asshole and I'm ashamed
natejc

Postby todddowney » 2/8/2018, 9:36 pm

I agree. The song was well received. Way better than won’t turn back, which isn’t saying much, but that saw a release. I’d imagine we’ll get this via the vault at some point, but I think it should’ve made the record.
todddowney

Postby ivewaited » 2/9/2018, 3:31 am

The fix was AWESOME. Maybe something went wrong with Lanni again and they can't release it?? What was up with that, anyways. He was around then he wasn't. Also got a question. I remember someone here saying since we pre-ordered the digital copy we DO get a physical copy. Pledge is saying NO. It's just digital. Any insight to that? I can't remember who said that here.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby xjsb125 » 2/9/2018, 6:44 am

You had the option of going back and having the CD added to your order for an additional fee.

As for The Fix, who knows? All that we can do is speculate. No real reason has been laid out.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tinman » 2/9/2018, 9:23 am

todddowney wrote: I’d imagine we’ll get this via the vault at some point, but I think it should’ve made the record.

When was the last Vault release? I feel like that died off. I'm more disappointed about the promised Grocery List that didn't make the cut.
Tinman

Postby xjsb125 » 2/9/2018, 9:58 am

I don't have a lot of hope in the Vault, but he did mention it (the Vault) not being dead, but that they were focusing more on new music right now.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 2/9/2018, 2:49 pm

Raine told on Twitter that for now (obviously i think) they're thinking about new music, after that probably they'll reopen The Vault...it sounds fair to me :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

PreviousNext