ClumsyMonkey.net

Somethingness Volumes 1 and 2

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Somethingness Volumes 1 and 2

Postby Flynner » 9/1/2017, 11:06 pm

What are the lyrics to the second verse in hiding place? Can't figure it out" all machine your bones"????
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 9/2/2017, 3:38 am

Have you dreamed of a world
Where armor shields your bones
Have you ransomed your soul
To pay for all that you got wrong
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Flynner » 9/2/2017, 9:12 am

Thank you lol....when I get something in my head that's all I can hear
Flynner

Postby ivewaited » 9/2/2017, 2:15 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:There does seem to be a strange lack of hype behind this in general though. When you search it or the band, the results are pretty slim. No articles, interviews, few reactions/reviews, etc. The tracklist is missing the lead single on streaming apps, and they're about to tour in support of an album that come out 20 years ago.

It seems to be victim of a sloppy rollout more than anything. The marketing for it just doesn't make sense.

Is anyone surprised? It's in true OLP fashion. Are they self managed/self signed still? That would explain a lot... but it's also the way the music industry is setup today. I get emails from Capitol and epic all day through my company about releases that happened today with no forewarnin. It's kind of throwing it to a wall and seeing who cleans it or eats it. Does that make sense?
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby xjsb125 » 9/2/2017, 4:01 pm

ivewaited wrote:Are they self managed/self signed still?

They were never self managed. They are still managed by Coalition Entertainment. It doesn't appear this album had a distribution deal with a major label like Curve did (Warner Bros. Canada, and Warner Bros. in the US).
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 9/2/2017, 6:43 pm

I've been calling my local radio station and they said they weren't even sent the single. They're going to talk about it at their music meeting on Tuesday but I'm not hopeful. Will have to see if someone at Coalition will send them a copy or something.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 9/2/2017, 8:19 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I've been calling my local radio station and they said they weren't even sent the single. They're going to talk about it at their music meeting on Tuesday but I'm not hopeful. Will have to see if someone at Coalition will send them a copy or something.

Devi maybe?
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby myownsatellite » 9/2/2017, 8:30 pm

I don't know who/what Devi is but I tweeted at OLP and Coalition, at least.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 9/4/2017, 2:40 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I don't know who/what Devi is but I tweeted at OLP and Coalition, at least.

Devi Ekanand. She's the promotions and marketing person at Coalition. If you tweeted it to Coalition she'll probably see it
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby blueseeka » 9/4/2017, 7:05 pm

Has anyone been able to find a full set of lyrics for Somethingness?
Having a difficult time with Falling into place
blueseeka

Postby xjsb125 » 9/4/2017, 8:40 pm

What line are you having a hard time with? I should have the rest of the lyrics updated Wednesday sometime. Drop Me In The Water and Hiding Place have been updated in the songs section.
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 9/5/2017, 6:30 am

blueseeka wrote:Has anyone been able to find a full set of lyrics for Somethingness?
Having a difficult time with Falling into place

Happy to see that i'm not the only one with problems :D however here https://www.musixmatch.com/it/album/Our ... ethingness the lyrics are up since a week or so...don't know if they're right but at least they sound right...I'm struggling with Nice To Meet You here:
Look at the guns look at the gold
Look at the sky look at the smoke

"Look at the kids look at what we sold out
Of this place"-----> this part...i taked the lyrics from the link above
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 9/5/2017, 4:01 pm

New video update on Pledge. Looks like they are heading back into the studio in between tours to wrap up their album.
xjsb125

Postby Flynner » 9/5/2017, 7:40 pm

I really hope they do more than 4 songs...not being greedy but it's been a long time, I need my fix (no pun intended)
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 9/7/2017, 8:46 pm

Pledge emailed an update that says CD's are now available to pre-order. You can apparently update your pledge by contacting their customer service.
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 9/8/2017, 1:22 am

xjsb125 wrote:Pledge emailed an update that says CD's are now available to pre-order. You can apparently update your pledge by contacting their customer service.

I instantly contacted them....it seems that the band heard us :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby paintedbynumbers » 9/9/2017, 11:52 am

Just my 2 cents on the EP:

Drop me in the water: A solid song all around. I think this could take the spot Monkey Brains had as concert opener. Energetic could get people on their feet. Would I choose it as a single? No, but it is a good song none the less.

Hiding Place for Hearts: Not a bad song but it feels like something is missing. I kind of get a "Refuge" vocal style from Raine at the start. I feel this song will grow on me.

Falling into Place: I just didn't feel this song. Maybe after a few more listens. Admit I haven't listened to this song as much as the others.

Nice to Meet You: I love this song. Would have made it a single as it is catchy and can draw new fans in. I had this on in my car and my friend (who is in a band himself) said "who is this it's great" I am praying we hear this song live. OLP has to cash in and make this a single.
paintedbynumbers

Postby faninor » 9/9/2017, 1:53 pm

Can anyone who preordered one of the original offerings and upgraded to include a CD in their order let me know how much extra it cost to upgrade?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 9/9/2017, 4:38 pm

I haven't got a response yet.
xjsb125

Postby gibbits » 9/11/2017, 1:48 pm

Nothing stand out for me just yet... hoping Vol2 has something for us old folks. If this is the direction of the new album, I can't say I hate it like I did Healthy (minus A/L/S)... but it is BORING! Anyone know if Tales is going to make this album or in classic OLP fashion is anything that sounds like the old days being locked up in the vault?

And before the cheerleaders get offended, if you are going to tell me this album isn't boring we can agree to disagree. The first four albums weren't boring, in fact on release the fan base was ecstatic, we got to see the band reborn in a new style while retaining the best of the old. Since Gravity every album has felt like nothing more than going through the motions with the odd stand-out track.

This band had a chance to come back the Godzilla monster they were supposed to be when they did the "An Evening With..." shows. After that, though they fell back into old habits. I wish the Naveed anniversary tour had gone through before Jer left, the band deserved a stronger send off than this.
gibbits

PreviousNext