ClumsyMonkey.net

New song "The Fix"

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New song "The Fix"

Postby Mr. Sixkiller » 9/28/2015, 3:00 pm

Tinman wrote:I could have sworn I had heard a demo of this song... one of the ~10 second blips the guys post on twitter, vault, youtube, or facebook. But I can't find it now.

Maybe i'm going crazy... :jer:

Chorus

https://instagram.com/p/3krjNYJp_S/
Mr. Sixkiller

Postby OLPManiac » 9/28/2015, 4:48 pm

I agree with a lot of you...the song just doesn't tell nothing at least to me...maybe who head it live can give a better judgment than the rest of us..but for now i will wait the studio version to tell something about the song...generally i'm really positive about new songs by the guys but also i have the feeling that Won't Turn Back it's better...well let's wait and see :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Locobone » 9/28/2015, 7:45 pm

I thought it sounded pretty good live but I'm a "wait for the studio version before fully digesting" kind of guy too. We all know how a song can get majorly altered, modified, improved, or neutered during the studio process before it's released. It showed a lot or promise and I'm excited for more new music soon.
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby DG » 9/28/2015, 9:26 pm

Mr. Sixkiller wrote:
Tinman wrote:I could have sworn I had heard a demo of this song... one of the ~10 second blips the guys post on twitter, vault, youtube, or facebook. But I can't find it now.

Maybe i'm going crazy... :jer:

Chorus

https://instagram.com/p/3krjNYJp_S/

Yeah, see, now I dig what I hear here way more.
DG

Postby ivewaited » 9/28/2015, 11:16 pm

Hmm.. All I can say is nothing classic about this.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby MindsOnLoan » 9/29/2015, 11:19 am

Ah yeah, I remember that vid. Wasn't really crazy about it then either but refrained from commenting since it was so short :/
MindsOnLoan

Postby Long Jonny » 9/29/2015, 1:23 pm

So I was the one that referred to it as classic/vintage OLP. I didn't know when I posted that that so many of you would expect Naveed or Clumsy again. Not what I was referring to nor would I ever want them to make another Naveed or Clumsy again. What I meant was that it was classic in the sense that the instrumentals and vocals were rockier than most anything we've heard over the past few years. It is far less mechanical and poppy than Won't Turn Back. Some of you are so literal, haha! If you're still holding out hope that you'll hear another Superman's Dead or In Repair, move on already.

All in all, I really enjoyed the song and thought it came across really well live. Also worth mentioning that it was widely accepted by the crowd who seemed to really be digging it.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Long Jonny » 9/29/2015, 1:31 pm

Also, clip I posted from the show: http://youtu.be/wAHBYZm_H8U
Long Jonny

Postby Flynner » 9/29/2015, 4:52 pm

I can't believe people are saying they like "won't turn back" more then the fix? I haven't heard the studio yet but I can already say I will like the fix a lot more than WTB
Flynner

Postby myownsatellite » 9/29/2015, 6:09 pm

Long Jonny wrote:If you're still holding out hope that you'll hear another Superman's Dead or In Repair, move on already.

For the record, I said I *don't* expect to ever hear that style again. I just didn't really think it was "classic" OLP. Sounded more like the music they've been making lately to me.

Also, to the person who asked why we don't like it - I didn't say I didn't like it either. It was good. I'm just not super impressed yet, and would like to hear the studio version as well.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby MindsOnLoan » 9/29/2015, 7:12 pm

Flynner wrote:I can't believe people are saying they like "won't turn back" more then the fix? I haven't heard the studio yet but I can already say I will like the fix a lot more than WTB

I think I might prefer Won't Turn Back lol. I wasn't in love with it and it's not something I'd be dying for them to play, but it had an alright indie pop kinda vibe to it.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Long Jonny » 9/29/2015, 7:16 pm

myownsatellite wrote:
Long Jonny wrote:If you're still holding out hope that you'll hear another Superman's Dead or In Repair, move on already.

For the record, I said I *don't* expect to ever hear that style again. I just didn't really think it was "classic" OLP. Sounded more like the music they've been making lately to me.

Also, to the person who asked why we don't like it - I didn't say I didn't like it either. It was good. I'm just not super impressed yet, and would like to hear the studio version as well.

I never said you did :heythere:
Long Jonny

Postby myownsatellite » 9/29/2015, 7:20 pm

Oh was that you too, Long Johnny? I'm too lazy to go back and look :P
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Tinman » 9/30/2015, 6:43 am

The recording is limited due to quality, but I hear raine doing a lot of falsetto flips all throughout it. They're hard to pick up live because falsetto tends to be a lot less full than the normal singing voice and it's an (assuming here) amateur recording. I think that heard in a studio rendition, Raines vocals are gonna blow you all away.

I could be wrong. It could get toned way down. The band does that lately. Seems like the trend since Monkey Brains. But I have a feeling this track is going to be awesome.

Also, I already love it more than WTB based off of 10 seconds of a rough draft and a cellphone recording. Y'all cray-cray.

Tinman

Postby Flynner » 9/30/2015, 10:02 am

Tinman wrote:The recording is limited due to quality, but I hear raine doing a lot of falsetto flips all throughout it. They're hard to pick up live because falsetto tends to be a lot less full than the normal singing voice and it's an (assuming here) amateur recording. I think that heard in a studio rendition, Raines vocals are gonna blow you all away.

I could be wrong. It could get toned way down. The band does that lately. Seems like the trend since Monkey Brains. But I have a feeling this track is going to be awesome.

Also, I already love it more than WTB based off of 10 seconds of a rough draft and a cellphone recording. Y'all cray-cray.?

I agree and hope your right about the vocals. The guitar is Also cool and different like bagpipes or Steve Earl-ish
Flynner

Postby DG » 10/14/2015, 4:16 pm

I gotta say... I judged this song way too hard.

I loved the hell out of it last night during the stream. A lot more going on than I had thought.
DG

Postby xjsb125 » 10/14/2015, 4:41 pm

Heard it in person today. It changed my mind for the better.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 10/14/2015, 5:00 pm

Well Matt i don't know if you're talking about studio version (if yes shame on you! :D ) but after the stream i need to admit that it's a good song and probably better than Won't Turn Back...of course it's not the old school OLP sound that some people told...but it seems good...the unique problem is that there isn't a date yet for the release and this makes me crazy...however in last show Raine told to the audience that they're working on a new album...i wonder if it's a proper album or a couple of song...maybe finally in 2016 we can have a new record..at least i wish!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Teedus » 10/14/2015, 5:06 pm

MATT!!! Really?

Do you at least know when it's coming out? I know you can't share it :(
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby xjsb125 » 10/14/2015, 5:39 pm

I haven't heard a studio version. But it was pretty bad ass in soundcheck.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

PreviousNext