ClumsyMonkey.net

Potential songs from the vault?

This is for you, this is for us...

Potential songs from the vault?

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/5/2015, 7:11 pm

Can we put together a somewhat complete list of songs that could potentially be released from the vault?
Obviously there is many from the HIPT sessions, and perhaps some from other recording sessions, that we don't even know about.
They could also fancy releasing covers they did previously.

I'm sure they could release demos (ie.supermans dead etc.) of previously recordings but I don't think it's worth compiling those.

I'm probably missing quite a few but feel free to add to the list and we can hopefully cross them all off eventually!

Covers
-needle and the damage done
-dear prudence
-tear drop
-eternal life
-tomorrow never knows
-drive

Unreleased
-trapeze
-our time is fading
-body into soul
-tales from a grocery list
-I hear you calling
-comes and goes
-warnings
-moth
-day without the sun
-whatever
-out of here
-not afraid
ShatsBassoon

Re: Potential songs from the vault?

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/5/2015, 7:42 pm

That actually reminded me of a thread I made a few years back. Might just make the appropriate edits to that.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14424
MindsOnLoan

Postby xjsb125 » 3/5/2015, 8:44 pm

You know that Needle, TNK, Whatever, and Not Afraid have all been released, right?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/6/2015, 10:18 am

xjsb125 wrote:You know that Needle, TNK, Whatever, and Not Afraid have all been released, right?

I didn't know that 'needle' was released. Link?
I don't think that will stop OLP from releasing these from the vault. As i said potential songs we could expect.
ShatsBassoon

Postby Tinman » 3/6/2015, 10:32 am

Just so you know, there's already a list on this webste: http://www.clumsymonkey.net/songs/?b=OurLadyPeace
Tinman

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/6/2015, 12:28 pm

Tinman wrote:Just so you know, there's already a list on this webste: http://www.clumsymonkey.net/songs/?b=OurLadyPeace

Hey that's awesome. Thanks so much looks like i have some research to do.
ShatsBassoon

Postby Tinman » 3/6/2015, 1:02 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:
Tinman wrote:Just so you know, there's already a list on this webste: http://www.clumsymonkey.net/songs/?b=OurLadyPeace

Hey that's awesome. Thanks so much looks like i have some research to do.

NP. I am not sure how up-to-date it is, but it mentions that "Immune" is an alternate version of Consequences of Laughing. As far as I know, Immune was an unknown song until it was released from the vault, so I think that means they keep the songs page updated.
Tinman

Postby faninor » 3/6/2015, 2:24 pm

I try to keep that page up to date, I've not added "Say" yet, but I think every other song with a known title is on there. However, songs with unknown titles aren't currently listed. There are several songs from the Curve sessions without known official titles, and there are also quite a few instrumentals and jams from rehearsals and recording sessions that have been shared between 2003 and the present, plus 2 or 3 improvised instrumentals from concerts.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby faninor » 3/6/2015, 2:40 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:
xjsb125 wrote:You know that Needle, TNK, Whatever, and Not Afraid have all been released, right?

I don't think that will stop OLP from releasing these from the vault. As i said potential songs we could expect.

I think this is it (didn't listen, but it appears to probably be the studio version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1otngu-8dL0

It was released on the compilation "Borrowed Tunes: A Tribute to Neil Young" and also the 1-disc version "Into the Black: An Electric Tribute to Neil Young." It was also released as a promotional 7" record in the US, and was included as a Best Buy exclusive bonus track on Happiness (on a separate disc) and also on the Japanese version of Happiness.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/6/2015, 5:28 pm

faninor wrote:
ShatsBassoon wrote:

I think this is it (didn't listen, but it appears to probably be the studio version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1otngu-8dL0

It was released on the compilation "Borrowed Tunes: A Tribute to Neil Young" and also the 1-disc version "Into the Black: An Electric Tribute to Neil Young." It was also released as a promotional 7" record in the US, and was included as a Best Buy exclusive bonus track on Happiness (on a separate disc) and also on the Japanese version of Happiness.

And here i am calling myself a fan!
On a side note, they did a concert in Montreal where they played needle and the damage done and a great performance of denied. Was this concert available anywhere?
ShatsBassoon

Postby xjsb125 » 3/6/2015, 6:17 pm

Not that we know of.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 3/7/2015, 4:43 am

faninor wrote:I try to keep that page up to date, I've not added "Say" yet, but I think every other song with a known title is on there. However, songs with unknown titles aren't currently listed. There are several songs from the Curve sessions without known official titles, and there are also quite a few instrumentals and jams from rehearsals and recording sessions that have been shared between 2003 and the present, plus 2 or 3 improvised instrumentals from concerts.

You're great.. Thanks for your work because you help me to understand the lyrics in a better way (and you update almost instantly the section with the Vault songs).. A little suggestion.. I noticed that you put the lyrics for Vampires in the section.. But the song it's still under "unreleased" I think that you can pass it on the "released" section :-)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby matt292 » 3/11/2015, 3:37 am

I'd love to hear 'The Wolf' - always dug the chorus more than the final 'Fire in the Henhouse' (although that's still a great track)
matt292