ClumsyMonkey.net

Farewell, Jeremy!

This is for you, this is for us...

Farewell, Jeremy!

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 9:01 am

I'm just gonna go ahead and say what we've all been thinking - it seems pretty likely that Jer is no longer in the band. I hope I'm wrong but the signs are there.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005

Re: New Album news!!

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 9:04 am

Long Jonny wrote:I'm just gonna go ahead and say what we've all been thinking - it seems pretty likely that Jer is no longer in the band. I hope I'm wrong but the signs are there.

I hate to presume though. We won't know for sure until we hear something.
Long Jonny

Postby OLPManiac » 6/26/2014, 12:14 pm

He recorded the drums in another session? I want to be optimistic because i think if there will be a major change like this (a new drummer) probably the band should tell something and not let the fans guess from instagram clips! However also i have bad feelings about this! :( i wish that there are only bad feelings and not reality!

EDIT: on a side note...right now on his Instagram Raine told that the song is finished! And he told also "Stay tuned to hear"
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby titanMAX » 6/26/2014, 3:10 pm

I'm gonna doubt that Jer is gone from the band. I truly believe that the band would have the decency to say something if he did leave and not just get us hyped for a new song only to find out Jer isn't in the band anymore.
titanMAX

Postby PaperMoon » 6/26/2014, 3:59 pm

I'm going to go with OLPManiac and say that the drums are probably being recorded separately. Maybe they come up with the vocal/guitar melodies first and fit the drums in later, who knows. With technology these days, they could probably put a song together without any of them being in the same room.
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 4:13 pm

Also worth noting that Jer removed Our Lady Peace from his twitter bio. Trust me, I don't want it to be true so here's hoping.
Long Jonny

Postby PaperMoon » 6/26/2014, 4:30 pm

Long Jonny wrote:Also worth noting that Jer removed Our Lady Peace from his twitter bio. Trust me, I don't want it to be true so here's hoping.

Ah, crap. I'm just going to pretend I never read this thread. :wtf:

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks at their next show.
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 4:38 pm

PaperMoon wrote:
Long Jonny wrote:Also worth noting that Jer removed Our Lady Peace from his twitter bio. Trust me, I don't want it to be true so here's hoping.

Ah, crap. I'm just going to pretend I never read this thread. :wtf:

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks at their next show.

I'll be the first to admit this is pure speculation on my part.
Long Jonny

Postby xjsb125 » 6/26/2014, 4:46 pm

I'm voluntarily not listening to the clips! If they post a full song, I'll listen then. Until that time, I don't want my opinion tainted by 15 second teases. As for Jeremy, the math adds up, unfortunately. I'm really surprised no one brought it up sooner.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby titanMAX » 6/26/2014, 4:56 pm

The clips of Wont Turn Back have primarily been the chorus. It's very upbeat and pretty poppy. Still, at this point I do not believe Jer is not in the band anymore. I think they would have told us. But it still is very much a possibility.
titanMAX

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 4:59 pm

titanMAX wrote:The clips of Wont Turn Back have primarily been the chorus. It's very upbeat and pretty poppy. Still, at this point I do not believe Jer is not in the band anymore. I think they would have told us. But it still is very much a possibility.

People have been asking him on Twitter and he hasn't responded to them. Seems like he'd want to clear it up real quick if it wasn't the case.

Bad news is always delivered on Fridays.
Long Jonny

Postby faninor » 6/26/2014, 5:00 pm

I noticed his twitter bio earlier today, any idea when he changed it? That detail seems the most troublesome. I want to say that if he DID quit the band (several months back now would be the theory?) there ought to have been some sort of official statement by now.

It also seems odd that the band would put the "finishing touches" on a song without all members input on the final product. I don't think it's really unusual for a band to work without all members present though. Jeremy, Duncan, and Steve have developed new songs without Raine plenty of times, for example. The drum tracks could have been finished in an earlier session (entirely possible, but as far as we know Jeremy wasn't in California for the last session either), or he could be collaborating remotely from a studio in Ontario (doubtful).
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 5:24 pm

Another interesting tidbit - the newly created IG account is following all members except for Jer.
Long Jonny

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 5:31 pm

faninor wrote:I noticed his twitter bio earlier today, any idea when he changed it? That detail seems the most troublesome. I want to say that if he DID quit the band (several months back now would be the theory?) there ought to have been some sort of official statement by now.

It also seems odd that the band would put the "finishing touches" on a song without all members input on the final product. I don't think it's really unusual for a band to work without all members present though. Jeremy, Duncan, and Steve have developed new songs without Raine plenty of times, for example. The drum tracks could have been finished in an earlier session (entirely possible, but as far as we know Jeremy wasn't in California for the last session either), or he could be collaborating remotely from a studio in Ontario (doubtful).

It's a valid point that they have historically recorded in different locations with different members present. Something about Jer's lack of involvement in these past sessions just does not bode well. He hasn't promoted any of the sessions like the other members of the band either.
Long Jonny

Postby Flynner » 6/26/2014, 5:33 pm

Also this could explain why they cancelled the Naveed tour....I wonder what happened though
Flynner

Postby titanMAX » 6/26/2014, 5:34 pm

I really don't know what to say . Everything is pointing to Jer being out of the band.
titanMAX

Postby Long Jonny » 6/26/2014, 5:40 pm

I have a feeling that we will get an announcement in the coming days. Especially now that the speculation is pretty rampant.

I have a feeling that this may be a good reason as to why the tour was cancelled. The last time Jer took part in sessions was around Christmas time, just after the tour was announced. The tour was suddenly cancelled and not much of a reason was given.

As to why, I'm sure we'll never know if it is the case. It will likely be an amicable split as it was with Mike. Interestingly enough, when I met Mike a few weeks ago, he mentioned that Raine had contacted him in December to see if he would be interested in taking part in the anniversary tour. He said it was the first time they spoke in 12 years.
Long Jonny

Postby PaperMoon » 6/26/2014, 6:05 pm

Jer posted pictures on Instagram 2 weeks ago of drums at a recording studio saying it was a "big session", so there is a chance it might have been for OLP. But then again, it could have been for anything. :Johnathan:
Last edited by PaperMoon on 6/26/2014, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaperMoon

Postby xjsb125 » 6/26/2014, 6:11 pm

Danko Jones and some other folks.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby PaperMoon » 6/26/2014, 6:12 pm

Nuts.
PaperMoon

Next