ClumsyMonkey.net

Farewell, Jeremy!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby OLPManiac » 6/26/2014, 6:46 pm

The only thing that bothers me is that if Jer left the band...the band itself don't tell nothing to us! Is really a low blow for me...however i think that we need only to wait! In the next days probably we will have some news!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Teedus » 6/26/2014, 10:02 pm

Hope he hasn't left. And nice about Mike.
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby xjsb125 » 6/28/2014, 10:43 am

Someone edited the wikipedia page to say he left, and that the band was recording in Hawaii. I cleaned that up so information was correct.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 6/28/2014, 1:49 pm

The thing that makes me really angry is that if Jer left the band it means that Raine, Steve and Duncan are ignoring the fans because there is a silence that is frustrating! The only thing that i can think is that the band is trying to convince Jeremy to come back..this is the only thing that can explain this f*****g silence (sorry guys i wish that i won't be banned but i'm really sad)! However when we will have official news i will told my full opinions about the future of the band and about Jer!
For me is pretty obvious that Jer left the band...All the members are talking on theirs accounts (twitter or instagram) the recording session while in Jeremy's accounts there is no reference about the recording session!
I'm really really really sad and i want to cry!
Last edited by OLPManiac on 6/29/2014, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLPManiac

Postby titanMAX » 6/28/2014, 1:51 pm

Anyone have any guess as to why Jer is (presumably) leaving the band. I was under the assumption that they're at their best creative position in years. Maybe he just wants to take a step back from music and spend more time with his family. Speculating at this point probably isn't that helpful as there is no official statement from the band confirming Jer being out, but anyone have any ideas? We have little to go by. The big one is the cancelled 20 year anniversary tour.
titanMAX

Postby Tinman » 6/30/2014, 7:44 am

I have a 2 assumptions (which you should never make an assumption, because it makes an ass out of u and mption, but I digress)...

1. Jer has not left the band officially yet, and is possibly dealing with things that prevent him or the band from knowing the future. He may have something going on in his life that he doesn't know how it will effect his ability to tour and play, and until he's certain, the band doesnt want to jump to any conclusions.

2. Jer did quit the band, and the band has some announcements to make, but is waiting until they have some product to show for it. its possible that Jer is finishing this album as his last... and this tour is his last, or that he's already been replaced, but they dont want to announce it until they have something to show for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some news along with a recording. People will be less upset if they have something new and shiny to help distract from the bad news.
Tinman

Postby PaperMoon » 6/30/2014, 9:05 am

It's true!! He left the band and I just died a little inside!!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby Long Jonny » 6/30/2014, 9:21 am

It's a sad day :(
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby OLPManiac » 6/30/2014, 9:22 am

https://twitter.com/Taggart7/status/483620296239222784
Guys unfortunately it's true! I'm really sad and i want to cry...this is one of the worst days of my life! For me OLP won't be the same without Jeremy and i can't imagine the band without him! From the statement it seems that the split is amicable...but he doesn't tell why and this is strange! Maybe he has some problems in its life...damn i can't believe! I really can't imagine why Jer left after this "amicable" statement!

OLPManiac

Postby Tinman » 6/30/2014, 10:41 am

Shame... the band wont ever be the same. Hopefully the roll with it.
Tinman

Postby OLPManiac » 6/30/2014, 10:59 am

I agree with you Tinman...i can't imagine the band without Jeremy...maybe i'm too pessimist...i will wait until new songs but i have bad feelings! Let's see what happen!

OLPManiac

Postby Tinman » 6/30/2014, 11:03 am

OLPManiac wrote:I agree with you Tinman...i can't imagine the band without Jeremy...maybe i'm too pessimist...i will wait until new songs but i have bad feelings! Let's see what happen!

For me, curve was the best album in 10 years, and I believe that is largely due to the band approaching their art from a new angle. While losing Jer after 20 years or so is tragic, I hardly doubt that it'll kill the band... unless they let it.
My fear is that the band could also disband after this next release due to the leaving of Jer. I really hope they find a replacement that helps push the boundaries. This COULD be a good thing, in the very end.
Tinman

Postby auolp » 6/30/2014, 11:16 am

Statement from OLP's facebook:

It is with sadness that we say goodbye to Jeremy as the drummer in OLP. Jeremy was important to us all and we wish him nothing but the best as he explores life outside OLP and pursues new goals.
A wise man once said "change is the law of life and those who only look to the past are certain to miss the future." We will always treasure our past but we are truly excited about the future. We've just finished recording new music with producer Mike Elizondo and will be showcasing some of the new material on the upcoming summer shows.
We look forward to seeing you all this summer.
Sincerely,
Raine, Duncan and Steve
auolp

Postby OLPManiac » 6/30/2014, 11:42 am

Tinman wrote:
OLPManiac wrote:I agree with you Tinman...i can't imagine the band without Jeremy...maybe i'm too pessimist...i will wait until new songs but i have bad feelings! Let's see what happen!

For me, curve was the best album in 10 years, and I believe that is largely due to the band approaching their art from a new angle. While losing Jer after 20 years or so is tragic, I hardly doubt that it'll kill the band... unless they let it.
My fear is that the band could also disband after this next release due to the leaving of Jer. I really hope they find a replacement that helps push the boundaries. This COULD be a good thing, in the very end.

What i can tell to you is that the few seconds of song that i hear on Instagram during the recording session didn't convince me! I will be happy if i will be wrong!
It's curious to see that the band didn't mention "a new drummer" on their official statement...i wonder who is that records the drum in the actual recording session!

OLPManiac

Postby PaperMoon » 6/30/2014, 11:53 am

I wish he would play the shows that are scheduled for the summer, but with 3 young kids, I imagine that life on the road has lost its appeal. I was really really hoping this was one rumour that wasn't true!! :cry:
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby DG » 6/30/2014, 1:09 pm

I'm not as shocked by this as I should, but the signs were telling. That doesn't make this any less saddening. In a way, Jer has been the heart and soul of the band. It probably won't actually hit me until I see them in concert again, and some stranger will be on drums.

What's the CM thing to do? Do we send a thank you card to him? Ha. But seriously, I'd do that.

Long Jonny wrote:Interestingly enough, when I met Mike a few weeks ago, he mentioned that Raine had contacted him in December to see if he would be interested in taking part in the anniversary tour. He said it was the first time they spoke in 12 years.

What is this craziness you speak of? This almost fell through the cracks of the CM to never be seen again. That would have been hella crazy.
DG

Postby gibbits » 6/30/2014, 3:18 pm

Jesus Christ Raine, your horse is really sick, time to shoot it. The electronic garbage in those clips was bad enough. Without Jeremy what can we look forward to "Dope beats" from your rapper producer? This is a bad move - I hope Jeremy joined Soundgarden.
gibbits

Postby A2K » 6/30/2014, 4:30 pm

I for one am experiencing a strange emotional mix. It feels like my girl friend just broke up with me, and my heart is broken, but there's this pretty little girl who's caught my attention. I'm actually really excited to see what comes from these new tracks.
A2K

Postby faninor » 6/30/2014, 6:19 pm

gibbits wrote:Jesus Christ Raine, your horse is really sick, time to shoot it. The electronic garbage in those clips was bad enough. Without Jeremy what can we look forward to "Dope beats" from your rapper producer? This is a bad move - I hope Jeremy joined Soundgarden.

Well I know one thing that we can look forward to... :gravity: :roll: :wall:

The clips so far are really not all that much to judge by. They're hardly what I would call "electronic," not that there would necessarily be anything wrong with that. I, like probably a lot of folks, don't know what to feel about OLP without Jeremy, and I won't know until I at least hear a few songs, learn who the replacement is, etc. Seems a bit early to write them off.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby A2K » 6/30/2014, 6:55 pm

faninor wrote:
gibbits wrote:Jesus Christ Raine, your horse is really sick, time to shoot it. The electronic garbage in those clips was bad enough. Without Jeremy what can we look forward to "Dope beats" from your rapper producer? This is a bad move - I hope Jeremy joined Soundgarden.

What's wrong gibbits? Are you sad? Are you holding yourself? Are you locked in your room? You shouldn't be..........The end is where we begin!
A2K

PreviousNext