ClumsyMonkey.net

Farewell, Jeremy!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Farewell, Jeremy!

Postby A2K » 2/28/2021, 12:20 am

So Jeremy went on another tirade on Twitter last night.

https://twitter.com/Taggart7/status/136 ... 06020?s=19

The whole tread is laced with cringey replies of Jeremy stating his feed is his "reality" but also being super vauge and criptic with his responses when people ask him directly about what the intent of the tweet was.

At any rate, I have my own opinions about all of this, but I won't go any deeper than that, out of respect for what both these men have meant to me. Just thought I'd share for those who may have not seen it.

Love to you all!
A2K

Postby ShatsBassoon » 2/28/2021, 6:09 pm

A2K wrote:So Jeremy went on another tirade on Twitter last night.

The whole tread is laced with cringey replies of Jeremy stating his feed is his "reality" but also being super vauge and criptic with his responses when people ask him directly about what the intent of the tweet was.

At any rate, I have my own opinions about all of this, but I won't go any deeper than that, out of respect for what both these men have meant to me. Just thought I'd share for those who may have not seen it.

Love to you all!

These not so subtle jabs at Maida seem to be posted more and more frequently. The band has moved on except for Jeremy.
I think it's obvious to anyone who's been paying attention, there was division between Jeremy and Raine. Now Jeremy is fairly vocal about his opinions, but imo he plugs his ears and shouts la la la anytime someone disagrees or gives an opposing view.
ShatsBassoon

Postby carleiu » 3/2/2021, 11:53 am

ShatsBassoon wrote:
A2K wrote:So Jeremy went on another tirade on Twitter last night.

Love to you all!

These not so subtle jabs at Maida seem to be posted more and more frequently. The band has moved on except for Jeremy.
I think it's obvious to anyone who's been paying attention, there was division between Jeremy and Raine. Now Jeremy is fairly vocal about his opinions, but imo he plugs his ears and shouts la la la anytime someone disagrees or gives an opposing view.

Yeah, every time he posts another knock on the band/Raine, it becomes more and more obvious to me who the true egomaniac is. One of them hasn't said a negative word about the other. The other makes juvenile posts and acts like a tantruming child on social media every chance he gets. It's really pathetic in my opinion. Could anyone imagine trying to work out some kind of personal difference or conflict with a supposedly grown man who acts like this?
carleiu

Postby xjsb125 » 3/3/2021, 12:02 pm

I hope that someday he and Raine can make amends and be friends again. I don't know the story from both sides, and probably never will. I think it can be handled better, but that's not my cross to carry, or any of the rest of us.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby carleiu » 3/4/2021, 12:20 am

xjsb125 wrote:I hope that someday he and Raine can make amends and be friends again. I don't know the story from both sides, and probably never will. I think it can be handled better, but that's not my cross to carry, or any of the rest of us.

I get where you're coming from, but my take on this is that the moment a celebrity knowingly broadcasts their personal conflicts in a very public way directly to their fanbase, then they are forcing that unwanted conflict upon their fans. So while it shouldn't be any other person's cross to carry, if the other people have a vested interest in the celebrity and/or their product, then the cross is at least partially being thrust upon the other people's backs, as opposed to the other people seeking it out.

As far as other people inserting themselves into conflict that wasn't presented to them directly, that shouldn't happen because it's none of their business.

In a nutshell, Jeremy should stop seeking attention in such juvenile ways and keep his/the band's/Raine's personal conflicts out of the public airwaves. He's like the third Gallagher brother at this point and is quickly approaching a Trump-like Twitter feed. For a guy who claims to be proud of OLP's history and a part-owner of the band, he sure doesn't seem to care about tarnishing the image of the band by trying to trash it every chance he gets.
carleiu

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 3/24/2021, 3:43 pm

Now he’s taking shots at Arnold Lanni. Dude just seems so damn resentful. He tells fans not to get so worked up over his comments, but he seems damn set on ruining the image people have of the band. For what I gathered, the group was fairly like a band of brothers early on, and even Jeremy was shitting on Mikes guitar work in promos for Gravity, so he’s no sweet angel. Apparently he insists Raine was always a diva, always a pain, and they never got along. He’s of the opinion that bands past their prime should stop making music and just play the hits, or just give up and retire. I can’t quite remember his opinions on Bob Rock, but he acknowledged the shit show HIPT was and gave him credit for Gravity (i think). He hated the producer for Curve too. He constantly brings up how no one else can do the drum parts on OMA but him, and this was around the time Jason joined. He just seems so fucking bitter and I don’t get it. I admit, most of BB, Curve, and HIPT didn’t land for me and not everything on Somethingness either. The band has failed to live up to promises multiple times since I became a fan in 2014, and Raine’s decisions have at times been perplexing, frustrating, and his singing has certainly changed, and not for the better. The bad had abandoned the Transparent Humans project right when it seemed the most promising, they’ve waffled on release dates, took 5.5 years for Somethingness, teased many promising songs that have gone unreleased for no reason, started working with Lanni again then walked away, and have made stupid artistic choices that gutted promising albums (HIPT, Curve) or only went halfway in the right direction (Somethingness). That said, it irks me more that Jeremy acts like such a child, being entitled and drip feeding drama then playing ignorant, while Raine has at least done something to extend the longevity of the band. Sorry for the rant, it just seems that everything about this band gets more and more frustrating over the years.
Forky Meets Porky

Postby xjsb125 » 3/25/2021, 12:32 pm

I don't think the tweet about Elvin's track on Stealing Babies is an intentional direct shot at Lanni. I think it's more of the shock of not knowing what to do with, what is generally regarded as, a great piece of music recorded by Elvin.

As for the rest of your rant, I'm not sure if you're quite on point with some of your statements, but it's certainly your opinion and you're allowed to have it. Around here, take those release dates with a block of salt until you get the link to pre-order the album, haha.
xjsb125

Postby johnpeterson » 3/26/2021, 8:40 pm

Maybe he's talking about this tweet

https://twitter.com/Taggart7/status/1280164846554791936

It's from a while back, but he really rips into Lanni here.
johnpeterson

Postby xjsb125 » 3/27/2021, 6:26 am

Ah, well that makes more sense. Still, if that's how he got treated, valid opinion...
xjsb125

Postby carleiu » 3/28/2021, 1:10 pm

Forky Meets Porky wrote:Now he’s taking shots at Arnold Lanni. Dude just seems so damn resentful. He tells fans not to get so worked up over his comments, but he seems damn set on ruining the image people have of the band. For what I gathered, the group was fairly like a band of brothers early on, and even Jeremy was shitting on Mikes guitar work in promos for Gravity, so he’s no sweet angel. Apparently he insists Raine was always a diva, always a pain, and they never got along. He’s of the opinion that bands past their prime should stop making music and just play the hits, or just give up and retire. I can’t quite remember his opinions on Bob Rock, but he acknowledged the shit show HIPT was and gave him credit for Gravity (i think). He hated the producer for Curve too. He constantly brings up how no one else can do the drum parts on OMA but him, and this was around the time Jason joined. He just seems so fucking bitter and I don’t get it. I admit, most of BB, Curve, and HIPT didn’t land for me and not everything on Somethingness either. The band has failed to live up to promises multiple times since I became a fan in 2014, and Raine’s decisions have at times been perplexing, frustrating, and his singing has certainly changed, and not for the better. The bad had abandoned the Transparent Humans project right when it seemed the most promising, they’ve waffled on release dates, took 5.5 years for Somethingness, teased many promising songs that have gone unreleased for no reason, started working with Lanni again then walked away, and have made stupid artistic choices that gutted promising albums (HIPT, Curve) or only went halfway in the right direction (Somethingness). That said, it irks me more that Jeremy acts like such a child, being entitled and drip feeding drama then playing ignorant, while Raine has at least done something to extend the longevity of the band. Sorry for the rant, it just seems that everything about this band gets more and more frustrating over the years.

I think it's pretty clear by now who the bigger attention-seeking diva really is, and it isn't Raine....

Someone should take Taggart's social media away from him. He behaves like an insecure/impulsive adolescent, not a nearly 46 year old man. It's quite pathetic, really.
carleiu

Postby ShatsBassoon » 3/30/2022, 12:12 am

Wow! Just wow!

What a complete cunt. Begging for work on twitter and tells a fan to fuck himself. He's definitely a legend in his own head.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Taggart7/sta ... mQjvEpAAAA
ShatsBassoon

Previous