ClumsyMonkey.net

You tube's Music Service and OLP?

This is for you, this is for us...

You tube's Music Service and OLP?

Postby Tinman » 6/19/2014, 11:01 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyr ... -its-site/

Hey, I'm not sure where OLP will fall on this deal. I know there's been some backlash about other big bands on indy labels (Radiohead). I don't know much about OLP's label to know how this will impact them. :think:
Tinman

Re: You tube's Music Service and OLP?

Postby OLPManiac » 6/19/2014, 3:15 pm

Well after the separation with Sony the situation around OLP's music in these service is really strange! For example here in Italy on Spotify there are all albums except Curve (and this is really annoying), and Curve lacks also on Google Play music (while Raine Maida solo work is both on Spotify and Play Music in my country)...then also on another music streaming service that is from an italian carrier there isn't Curve! I think that the guys need to talk with Coalition Music and see if they can improve the situation...is frustrating that the albums with Sony are avalaible from all around the world and the others not..and is also strange that Raine Maida albums are on all streaming services! About Youtube Music Pass i think that the albums with Sony will be avalaible! But i don't know much about this!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Re: You tube's Music Service and OLP?

Postby RileyLewis » 6/19/2014, 9:27 pm

The fact that the article is written by a "contributor" makes me believe it's not entirely accurate. Forbes hosts articles from the general public much in the way CNN does with CNN iReports.

If youtube was about to basically ban music except for stuff you have to pay for, then there would be more news about it.
RileyLewis