ClumsyMonkey.net

Paper Moon with 3rd chorus + guitar solo inside final chorus

This is for you, this is for us...

Paper Moon with 3rd chorus + guitar solo inside final chorus

Postby RileyLewis » 6/12/2014, 1:01 am

For my own entertainment I edited Paper Moon to include a 3rd chorus as well as put some of the guitar work into that chorus. I like the original (strongest track on Burn Burn), but I think this makes it basically perfect. Here's a link to the youtube video/song. Not sure if I posted this here before:

If you want to just hear the changes, maybe start at around 2:30 or so until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82XLDLW ... e=youtu.be

Let me know what you think.
RileyLewis

Re: Paper Moon with 3rd chorus + guitar solo inside final ch

Postby myownsatellite » 6/12/2014, 8:00 pm

Sorry, I prefer the original. This is too long-winded. The brevity of the original is part of what makes it beautiful.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby RileyLewis » 6/13/2014, 5:08 pm

A matter of taste, I guess. My favourite songs are all 4-8 minutes long. I usually hate it when songs are 2-3 minutes, it feels like such a waste without any build up or climax. It's why Naveed is one of my favourite OLP songs.
RileyLewis

Postby Flynner » 6/13/2014, 9:47 pm

I always wanted a third chorus in paper moon as we'll, but I think I prefer the original now that I hear it. Your edit sounds cool too though and it's cool too actually hear what it could have sounded like
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 6/15/2014, 7:26 am

That's an interesting take on the song. I like extending it, but for me the extension in Paper Moon would come best in the middle of the song (see Paper Moon/The Odyssey). Cool edit.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010