ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine throws us a Curve... a tour maybe?

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Raine throws us a Curve... a tour maybe?

Postby MattCTUSA » 1/28/2014, 9:04 pm

Trying to stay positive, but don't have a good feeling about this.
MattCTUSA

Postby Flynner » 1/28/2014, 9:55 pm

Don't have a a good feeling about it in what way? They can't be breaking up lol
Flynner

Postby bd007h » 1/28/2014, 11:25 pm

Flynner wrote:Don't have a a good feeling about it in what way? They can't be breaking up lol

Well they better not be breaking up.....
bd007h

Postby Locobone » 1/29/2014, 1:36 am

Snarf.
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Dr. Hobo » 1/29/2014, 1:51 am

Flynner wrote:Don't have a a good feeling about it in what way? They can't be breaking up lol

cant? lol.
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby OLPManiac » 1/29/2014, 5:41 am

I see that all of us have the impression that there is something wrong within the band! However i talked with a "Trusty" source and he told me that the tour is postponed for schedules and other stuff! I wish that it's for this! But also i haven't a good feeling about this strange announce! Well we will see!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby A2K » 1/29/2014, 9:04 am

OLPManiac wrote:I see that all of us have the impression that there is something wrong within the band! However i talked with a "Trusty" source and he told me that the tour is postponed for schedules and other stuff! I wish that it's for this! But also i haven't a good feeling about this strange announce! Well we will see!

It just feels like if it were something as simple as schedule conflicts, they would say "postponed due to schedule conflicts". Or if it were due to recording with a new producer or something exciting they would add "more to come." The message is disturbingly vague, and almost definitive. It wreaks of break up. :crying:
A2K

Postby saman » 1/29/2014, 9:23 am

really guys, it's just a postponed tour. if/when they announce a break up, then you can freak out about it. there's no point worrying about it now.
saman

Postby myownsatellite » 1/29/2014, 9:57 am

Jeez, every one of you jumps to the "breaking up" conclusion. Paranoid much? Quit speculating and take it at face value for once. Not everything they say has some hidden meaning.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 1/29/2014, 12:28 pm

The whole thing has been oddly vague. But the explanation is probably uninteresting.

Hey, wasn't Raine supposed to be touring for his solo record sometime soon?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby myownsatellite » 1/29/2014, 7:53 pm

I admit it's vague, but they said it's postponed, not cancelled, heck the band is still promoting and posting on Twitter, so I doubt they've broken up. Just nuts that everyone (even on Facebook) jumped to OMG THEY'RE BREAKING UP!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby allison » 1/29/2014, 10:06 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:
allison wrote:Wow! Great idea A2K. I first heard Trapeze live in Winnipeg in 1995 and it was the song that got me hooked on OLP. And I mean hooked. I haven't posted here in ages, but I'm excited about the possibility of being able to attend some of the Naveed anniversary tour shows when I'm back in Canada. I'm currently in Oz and have been in a live OLP drought for the past 6+ years! Eeep.

holy crap! allison! howdy!

*waves*

Yay, someone remembers me! Too bad the Naveed tour has been postponed. I was really looking forward to catching up with the OLP gang again. Here's hoping the tour gets rescheduled...
allison

Postby Dr. Hobo » 1/30/2014, 12:33 am

allison wrote:
Dr. Hobo wrote:
allison wrote:Wow! Great idea A2K. I first heard Trapeze live in Winnipeg in 1995 and it was the song that got me hooked on OLP. And I mean hooked. I haven't posted here in ages, but I'm excited about the possibility of being able to attend some of the Naveed anniversary tour shows when I'm back in Canada. I'm currently in Oz and have been in a live OLP drought for the past 6+ years! Eeep.

holy crap! allison! howdy!

*waves*

Yay, someone remembers me! Too bad the Naveed tour has been postponed. I was really looking forward to catching up with the OLP gang again. Here's hoping the tour gets rescheduled...

of course i do! i mean... i only went and saw j. englishman at like... el mocabo or some thing with you and phil. and the twins? and amber? and katie? i forget. haha. actually yes katie was there with her sis and bro-in-law and yeah. ps i be sand. lol.
i forgot you posted here :P
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby MattCTUSA » 2/1/2014, 9:43 am

MattCTUSA wrote:Trying to stay positive, but don't have a good feeling about this.

I was having a really bad, stressful day when I posted this. Whoever said to take it at face value is correct...outlook changed...and work week got better :sigh:
MattCTUSA

Postby auolp » 2/3/2014, 12:49 pm

I just don't get this one guys. Why announce a tour and then cancel it a month later? I realize they don't owe us anything, but for the loyal group of fans that are still with them 20 years later it just seems a bit flaky. If you don't have the scheduling conflicts worked out, then don't announce the tour! If you don't have everyone's buy in to do it, then don't announce the tour! It just seems a bit inconsiderate to me. I'm sure there are probably valid reasons for them to postpone, but I just needed to vent my disappointment!
auolp

Postby myownsatellite » 2/3/2014, 5:36 pm

You have zero clue about what is going on in their lives. Instead of speculating or calling them flaky, hope for the best and that no one's dying and then give them the benefit of the doubt that they will do what they say they are going to do. They usually make good in the end, even if it's not everything you want.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby xjsb125 » 2/3/2014, 8:29 pm

auolp wrote:I just don't get this one guys. Why announce a tour and then cancel it a month later? I realize they don't owe us anything, but for the loyal group of fans that are still with them 20 years later it just seems a bit flaky. If you don't have the scheduling conflicts worked out, then don't announce the tour! If you don't have everyone's buy in to do it, then don't announce the tour! It just seems a bit inconsiderate to me. I'm sure there are probably valid reasons for them to postpone, but I just needed to vent my disappointment!

They never announced any dates, and never put any tickets on sales. So it's not a cancellation. The only date that ever made it out there was Massey Hall, and it was never formally announced. All they have said was that they were postponing the tour they were planning. Nobody knows the full story. Those conflicts may not have arose until after they had the ball rolling. My advice is to not read in to it too much, and hang in there. Hopefully it will materialize in the end. If there is one thing those of us around here should know after all these years, it is to be patient!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby auolp » 2/4/2014, 9:27 am

Yeah I know you guys are right about not knowing all the facts. Obviously I hope it's nothing serious or life-altering for anyone or their family. I just needed to vent my disappointment after getting really excited and looking forward to planning a trip to see one of the shows once the dates were released. And while they certainly don't owe me/us any sort of an explanation, some of us (selfishly) see this as potentially bad news for the future of OLP. Hopefully they will continue on with finding a producer for the new record and we will see/hear from them soon!
auolp

Postby gibbits » 2/5/2014, 11:10 am

I think they caught wind of the fact I was going to ask about the B sides compilation from the first four albums again at the town hall and beat me to the punch!
gibbits

Postby Tinman » 2/6/2014, 9:34 am

Raine Maida squints, reading over an internet list of most common questions...
1. When is mike turner coming back?
2. Why don't you sing like you used to?
3. Are you ever going to release trapeze?
4. Why did you sell out for Gravity?
5. Are you ever going to release grocery list?
6. Why did you change your sound after naveed/clumsy/happiness/spiritual/gravity/healthy/burn?
The list goes on and on...
"Yeah... on second thought, fuck that idea"
Tinman

PreviousNext