ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine throws us a Curve... a tour maybe?

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Raine throws us a Curve... a tour maybe?

Postby faninor » 2/6/2014, 1:20 pm

They could handle any of those questions. Besides, the Internet crowd, youtube and facebook commenters and such, aren't typically the same people who would go see them live. I bet most fans going to a town hall show could think of a more interesting/more appropriate question than anything on that list. Plus, they could have fans submit their questions in writing on the way into the show so they can be moderated.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 2/6/2014, 5:25 pm

Pre-moderated questions would be terrible, though. I would hope they would take the hard ones just the same as the easy ones and answer with as much honesty and tact as possible. Pre-moderated questions would cheapen the experience.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby faninor » 2/6/2014, 5:51 pm

On the one hand, I agree with that... but on the other, a straight up audience Q&A session seems like a bit of a headache from a logistics perspective. I'm not sure how they would handle it, especially somewhere with balconies like Massey Hall. Having a presenter onstage with a box full of questions from the audience would keep things moving along at a good pace, give the fans in the back as much chance to participate as those in front, help ensure everyone can hear and understand the questions... and yes, let them pre-moderate the questions.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Dr. Hobo » 2/6/2014, 10:27 pm

1) When you do your laundry, do you put the clothes in first or the water in first?
2) Tide or Sunlight?
3) Pinesol. Discuss.
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby faninor » 2/6/2014, 11:19 pm

You'll have to wait for the Under These Rocks and Stones 20th anniversary tour for those to be answered!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Dr. Hobo » 2/7/2014, 12:27 am

son of a bitch!
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby allison » 2/8/2014, 6:05 pm

Dr. Hobo wrote:of course i do! i mean... i only went and saw j. englishman at like... el mocabo or some thing with you and phil. and the twins? and amber? and katie? i forget. haha. actually yes katie was there with her sis and bro-in-law and yeah. ps i be sand. lol.
i forgot you posted here :P

Ha! I totally forgot about that show! Ahhh, memories... And such good times.
allison

Postby Dr. Hobo » 2/10/2014, 10:36 am

haha i only remember because i was talking to katie's brother in law victor about it at thanksgiving.. that was the first time i met him haha
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby PaperMoon » 3/17/2014, 9:15 pm

Here's hoping they just got too busy with other things going on at the moment. If their entire tour was going to be anything like the acoustic version of Naveed that they released at Christmas, it would probably need a TON of preparation. Early April did seem very soon to be going back on tour. :think:
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Previous