ClumsyMonkey.net

Why does Raine Maida sing like he is asleep?

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Why does Raine Maida sing like he is asleep?

Postby neoncrossing » 10/23/2013, 5:01 pm

clearly the band had long term goals much different than Mike. Hence the split.

are we still talking about this?
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby govtschemes » 10/24/2013, 4:34 pm

Mike had long term goals 5-10 years.

The rest of the band has long term goals "How much cash will we make off this record promoted single?" and "What coffee shop are we meeting at next week to discuss the direction of the band with Sonys Head Figure."
govtschemes

Postby neoncrossing » 10/24/2013, 4:58 pm

govtschemes wrote:Mike had long term goals 5-10 years.

The rest of the band has long term goals "How much cash will we make off this record promoted single?" and "What coffee shop are we meeting at next week to discuss the direction of the band with Sonys Head Figure."

Did Mike tell you that? Did he describe his long term career goals in detail to you?

Did you ever consider that a band needs to earn a living in order to keep on making music? Commercial success, especially in that time frame, was the only way to ensure longevity as a band. And Happiness and SM did awful compared to Clumsy. Something had to give or the band would have ended then and there.

Did you know that OLP put out A Decade in order to fulfill their contractual obligation to Sony so that they could cut ties with them? They are now a completely independent band that can make music they enjoy in any time frame that they choose.

Their first and foremost goal is to make music they would like to listen to and be proud of writing. If anyone else enjoys it, new and old fans alike, that is a bonus. They do not need commercial success anymore. Stop talking like they owe you good (in your opinion) music. They owe you NOTHING! Who the hell are you but a filthy troll?
neoncrossing

Postby govtschemes » 10/25/2013, 2:56 pm

hahahahahaha

That made me laugh, thanks!

No Mike did not tell me that, of course not, he has other things to do. Then again though, I am very telepathic.

And Happiness did not do terribly. I live in New Zealand and at the time in 1999 when it was released it was doing very well on the radio, and since Our Lady Peace seem to have such a hard time squeezing their fat frame through fence holes to get to the rest of the world....I don't think they did too badly.

Yes Spiritual Machines did not sell well, but thats too promotion and people being stupid, most people are or maybe were too stupid to understand the themes on those albums, I would say the record company hated it, as in 2000 thats the new world global agenda, they want to promote "nice, good, lovely" music don't they? thats actually disguised as satans message.

Go read some david icke books, my hands are getting tired and my keyboard letters are worn right off, I am typing words here from memory.
govtschemes

Postby RileyLewis » 10/26/2013, 6:27 pm

govtschemes wrote:hahahahahaha

as in 2000 thats the new world global agenda, they want to promote "nice, good, lovely" music don't they? thats actually disguised as satans message.

Can we just ban this guy? If he's not trolling then he's an idiot.
RileyLewis

Postby neoncrossing » 10/26/2013, 8:26 pm

i second that
neoncrossing

Postby govtschemes » 10/26/2013, 9:16 pm

Ah you see........"can't talk about satan or new world order" in an our lady peace forum.

Kind of weird don't you think?
govtschemes

Postby DG » 10/26/2013, 10:16 pm

Good fucking lord... New World Order? We really did have an infestation problem.
DG

Postby LifeRiot » 10/27/2013, 3:43 pm

Let's be honest. I have been recently. OLP was my favorite band. But there comes a time when you have to break down and admit, "They aren't good anymore." It happened. It's like realizing you're in a bad relationship, or that the movie you liked when you were little is a terrible movie. His voice is gone, the guitar is boring, the drums are mediocre, and the bass is...just there. It happens.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby Tinman » 10/28/2013, 8:19 am

I really thought Curve was a good album. If I lost my CD and Computer, i'd spend the 10 bucks to rebuy it. It's not pre-2000's OLP, but that doesn't make it any less of a good album.
Tinman

Postby DG » 10/30/2013, 4:13 pm

Agreed with Tinman.

While some OLP has disappointed in recent years, there is literally no other band I give enough of a damn about for them to be dethroned as my favorite.
DG

Postby RileyLewis » 11/2/2013, 11:17 am

I still think they put on a great live show, but time hasn't treated their creativity well, unfortunately. And the usual ageing process has affected Raine's singing ability, but I don't blame that on him.
RileyLewis

Postby paintedbynumbers » 11/11/2013, 9:49 am

New World Order? What the hell does Hulk Hogan. Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash have to do with OLP?

Raine isn't going to sing like he did in 1996 nor is Eddie Vedder going to sound like he did in 1992. People age and singers need to product their voice. That being said Steve is a great addition to the band and the band sounds as amazing live now as they did in 1996.
paintedbynumbers

Postby orangedrink » 11/20/2013, 8:09 pm

What does product your voice mean?
orangedrink

Postby paintedbynumbers » 11/26/2013, 12:03 pm

protect. It was an obvious typo.
paintedbynumbers

Previous