What was the reaction to HIPT?

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: What was the reaction to HIPT?

Postby titanMAX » 1/22/2015, 11:20 pm

I never bought into Picture's chorus.
titanMAX

Postby xjsb125 » 1/23/2015, 8:22 am

As the opening song of a set list, it was awesome. Joel's use and manipulation of the loop recorder was amazing, and Raine's vocals we're always great on it. I like the album version too, though.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tinman » 1/23/2015, 9:53 am

The chorus on Picture falls flat for me too. It feels like it doesn't quite fit. The song starts out sounding like classic OLP, which I really like it for. But as soon as that chorus hits, I can't help but wonder if it was going to go somewhere else, and ended up the way it is because of Bob Rock.

I think the album has some solid tracks:
Wipe that Smile
A/L/S
Apology
Al Genina

Then it has some "OK" tracks. Then it has some rubbish. I like to point out "Boy", because to me, it sounds like a track off of Burn Burn... and I think its interesting that you can kind of hear that shift in their music. I actually really like Boy, which is also odd because I don't care for Burn Burn very much... but I think its a good song.

I have mixed feelings to this album. I hated it when it released. Over the years I've come to appreciate it more. It's still a bit sad. I wonder how many people put it in the player for the first time, heard A/L/S and thought order was restored to the universe, only to then be traumatized by the remaining 45 minutes.
Tinman

Postby meandmyonemanarmy » 1/24/2015, 12:41 pm

Probably the most anticipated album, and song (Picture) that I've looked forward to, considering I read reviews saying that Picture was supposed to be very similar to the scope of 4am, but it certainly didn't turn out that way. Loved the album at first but after re-listening to all the clips that were floating around the album didn't live up to the hype.
meandmyonemanarmy

Postby titanMAX » 1/24/2015, 4:26 pm

I'm really starting to come around to this album, there are moments where I'm always skipping (Don't Stop, Where Are You) but it's definitely my most listened to album recently.
titanMAX

Previous