ClumsyMonkey.net

Bury Me With A Gun - Reworked Into an OLP Song?

This is for you, this is for us...

Bury Me With A Gun - Reworked Into an OLP Song?

Postby gibbits » 5/24/2013, 10:26 am

With the absence of this track on Raines solo record what do you think are the odds maybe this song will be reworked for the next OLP record? Would this be something that would interest you? I personally loved the track, very fast and rocking and think it would be a lot of fun to see how it evolved with Jeremy, Duncan and Steve.
gibbits

Re: Bury Me With A Gun - Reworked Into an OLP Song?

Postby neoncrossing » 5/24/2013, 5:28 pm

i love the song....but he released it as a solo song. highly doubtful that OLP does anything with it.
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby OLPManiac » 5/25/2013, 5:22 am

In fact...despite the fact that Raine changes direction in his solo work the song is still official released! I wish that in the new OLP Record Raine will show his vocal skills...like in "We All Get Lighter"....i'm very confident that next record can be a milestone in OLP's story!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby faninor » 5/25/2013, 8:32 pm

I think OLP usually throw out the leftover ideas and start fresh with every album, so it's very doubtful that this (or any of the songs leftover from the Curve sessions) will be released on a future proper OLP record... maybe if they do some sort of rarities / cutting room floor type of compilation.

Also, that song is already finished and released so I don't see why Raine or the rest of the band would want to rework it. I just wish it had a physical release, or been sold on Bandcamp (or anywhere else that offers full CD quality downloads).
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 5/26/2013, 5:40 am

I enjoyed the track too. Raine has stated in the past that he wants his solo work to operate outside the normal realm of OLP, that's why we've never heard any of his solo material pop up in a set. There are several songs that I think would work great in the live set, especially with Robin doing keys. Maybe someday, but I don't think it's likely.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010