ClumsyMonkey.net

12 Days of OLP Christmas

This is for you, this is for us...

12 Days of OLP Christmas

Postby Tinman » 12/11/2012, 8:45 am

I've seen some of the videos on youtube from x-mas past... is there more to them than those little clips? Is their an actual CD/DVD that is released I can get? I've watched the two clips on CM's front page, and it seems like they are spoilers of some sort... In Repair sounded great... was wondering if they are going to post the whole song eventually?

Also, unrelated to the topi... does anyone know what the voice says in the background of In Repair on the studio version? I assume it Ray Kurzweil, but not sure beyond that.
Tinman

Re: 12 Days of OLP Christmas

Postby xjsb125 » 12/11/2012, 9:26 am

There will be full songs, yes! We'll have lots of full concert audio, as well as the full versions of the songs we've teased over the last little bit (If This Is It, Fire In The Henhouse, Allowance, and In Repair), as well as a lot of other songs. I mean a lot. Like, we couldn't fit it on a 250gb portable hard drive, lot. Santa Bob's elves have been hammering away in their workshops on the East and West coasts (conveniently located in Dandridge, and Tustin). We don't actually do CD/DVD releases. Audio is always released in .flac format, and video has been released in a variety of formats, like .mpg (1 and 2), and most recently xvid encoded .avi files. This year we will likely release in either .mp4 or .mov (they're the same thing; you can rename the extensions and they still play). Ultimately, I'd say that we will just post the video to YouTube. We've released a couple of large video compilations in the past, such as "Burn, Burn: Live Across North America," and "Clumsy vs. Spiritual Machines." Most of the Burn, Burn footage has been posted to YouTube, and we'll eventually be adding the Clumsy vs. SM footage as well.

As for the vocal sample, I don't think anyone has ever deciphered it, but it was allegedly part of Terminalhead's "Underfire: Vol. 2", though we've never confirmed.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010