ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby xjsb125 » 7/20/2016, 4:59 am

ivewaited wrote:These are very promising.. Arnold Lanni is definetely the 5th member of OLP.

I believe they indicated that The Fix was the only one of those songs they did with Arnold. In fact, last October when I talked to Duncan I believe he told me they had only done 1 track with him.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Flynner » 8/24/2016, 4:00 pm

Recent pic posted on OLP instagram asked "who's ready for new OLP music this year".....even though we know there time lines are skewed this does excite me
Flynner

Postby Braden » 8/25/2016, 6:21 pm

Raine and Steve did a [url]Raine and Steve did a Facebook ama earlier: https://www.facebook.com/ourladypeace/v ... 938052238/. New song at around 17:04 called "Been Meaning to Call" or "Matters of The Heart" and another one at 28:09 that we heard the last time (still no title).

Been Meaning to Call sounds really awesome and has a space kind of vibe!

Other than that they showed some new shirt designs, talked about the tour, answered some random questions (I may have missed something since they talk low).
Braden

Postby ShatsBassoon » 8/25/2016, 7:58 pm

That second song is sick. Can't wait to see them again in October
ShatsBassoon

Postby johnpeterson » 8/26/2016, 1:06 am

listened to the new stuff... eh it was okay. doesn't feel challenging though.

does anyone else feel like they're growing out of OLP? no offense to the older people who are still hardcore fans, but overall they just don't do it for me like they used to when i was younger.... even the old stuff just doesn't hold up for me as much, except for a handful of songs across the first 4 albums. the 5-year hiatus we're dealing with now didn't help in that regard, but i've kinda moved onto other music and other bands/genres, and sorta realized that OLP's stuff isn't as great as i thought. this is not meant to offend anyone, and i'll still check in here for their new stuff to comment... but i almost feel like their music is just too generic and myopic for my tastes these days. the new stuff we just heard sealed that opinion for me. the lack of people around this forum nowadays seems to suggest others might feel similarly.

anyway, just my 2 cents. hope everyone enjoys the OLP/IME shows.
johnpeterson

Postby myownsatellite » 8/26/2016, 1:43 pm

Nope, I don't feel that way. My musical tastes have definitely changed, I'm more into alternative pop than anything else right now, but I definitely still enjoy almost everything OLP have put out in the past. Their new stuff isn't my favorite, but I don't feel that I've grown out of them that way.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Tinman » 8/29/2016, 7:25 am

johnpeterson wrote:does anyone else feel like they're growing out of OLP?

Kinda the other way around. I felt how you just described with grav-bb. Curve spoke to me, and these new tracks are much more alighned to my musical tastes, so I' glad the band is going in the direction they are.

It's not the same band, no. It hasn't been since Lanny and Turner left. All things change. but this is direction keeps me interested enough to keep following the band.
Tinman

Postby OLPManiac » 9/1/2016, 5:35 am

I think that the good old days are gone...i knew the guys in 2003 (then after the Mike and Lanni departures), with Whatever (that is the last studio song by Mike) and totally fell in love with their music and Whatever is totally different from OLP's "traditional style"...but i enjoy both new and old songs...maybe because i knew them after the "glory" of the first four albums.
As for the new music...i'm pretty happy to see that falsetto is fucking here...i know that Raine was bothered from the fact that people know him for falsetto and probably not for his overall talent (Trusty told something here a lot of time ago), but his falsetto is something that drives you in another world (at least for me)...musically speaking i can't judge from the clips...i like something but not everything...let's see what happen also if i think that a 2016 release is really really hard..
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby OLPManiac » 9/7/2016, 1:54 am

Here is an interesting interview from Steve http://pressrowsports.com/2016/09/03/la ... -eats-set/
Nice to see that 7-8 songs are recorded for the new record...then another few and probably the record will be done...at this point maybe we can hope in a 2017 release...also they talk about Jeremy but he doesn't tell anything about Jason as new drummer...really good interview
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby bd007h » 9/9/2016, 3:00 am

myownsatellite wrote:Nope, I don't feel that way. My musical tastes have definitely changed, I'm more into alternative pop than anything else right now, but I definitely still enjoy almost everything OLP have put out in the past. Their new stuff isn't my favorite, but I don't feel that I've grown out of them that way.

If you like Alt-Pop I'd recommend checking out Meg Myers :nod:
bd007h

Postby myownsatellite » 9/9/2016, 9:54 am

She's ok, but I'm not really into her. I'm big on Kimbra and Bishop Briggs right now.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby bd007h » 9/9/2016, 8:44 pm

myownsatellite wrote:She's ok, but I'm not really into her. I'm big on Kimbra and Bishop Briggs right now.

What songs have you heard of hers? She quickly ascended herself on my favorite artists lists right up there with OLP hahaha
bd007h

Postby myownsatellite » 9/10/2016, 5:44 am

Lemon Eyes, whatever the big hit she had was called. I just don't really like the way she sings.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby bd007h » 9/10/2016, 4:52 pm

myownsatellite wrote:Lemon Eyes, whatever the big hit she had was called. I just don't really like the way she sings.

Decent song but not one of her best. It's more "grungy" than most of her stuff. She has a pretty diverse pallet. This one is more of a lullaby-like ballad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqYEmk_UjdY

I also love her songs Adelaide, Feather, Parade, Monster, Desire and After You.
bd007h

Postby myownsatellite » 9/10/2016, 6:25 pm

Like I said, the way she sings is just not my style. I didn't say she's bad (she's not), she's just not someone I'm interested in.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby bd007h » 9/10/2016, 9:17 pm

Different strokes for different folks I guess lol. I don't see anything wrong with her voice myself haha
bd007h

Postby johnpeterson » 9/10/2016, 11:51 pm

i listened to her, pretty decent. her voice is fine, definitely better than raine's has been lately lol
johnpeterson

Postby bd007h » 9/11/2016, 12:42 am

johnpeterson wrote:i listened to her, pretty decent. her voice is fine, definitely better than raine's has been lately lol

I still love Raine's voice, even if it isn't as erratic anymore lol
bd007h

Postby myownsatellite » 9/11/2016, 8:38 am

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. But I'm not sitting here insisting you like Kimbra or Bishop Briggs, am I? She's just not my thing. I shouldn't really have to defend that.

I got the same kind of comments when I said I didn't like Phoenix. "You aren't listening to the right songs!" "You have to give them a chance!" I never crapped on them or said they were bad, just that I didn't like them. Yes, different strokes and all that. But you don't need to try to convince me. I'm liking different things, and that's OK too.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby myownsatellite » 9/11/2016, 9:07 am

Side note: I'm really not trying to be an asshole here.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

PreviousNext