ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby myownsatellite » 11/21/2014, 6:41 pm

~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby faninor » 11/21/2014, 6:41 pm

Raine just tweeted, details are coming Monday morning at 10 AM EST.

It has something to do with this:

http://transparenthumans.com

And/or this:

http://ourladypeace.com/TH/
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby PaperMoon » 11/21/2014, 6:44 pm

Exciting stuff!! Can't believe I'm actually excited for the weekend to be over!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby faninor » 11/21/2014, 6:46 pm

Yeah, I'm actually going to set my alarm and wake up early on Monday morning. THANKS A LOT, RAINE!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 11/21/2014, 6:48 pm

I'll already be at work! Time to send myself an e-mail to set an alert for 10am...
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby OLPManiac » 11/21/2014, 6:56 pm

faninor wrote:To help refresh people's memories on what might be in the vault, I took a few minutes to review the unreleased songs and sort them by the album they would have been considered for inclusion. I've italicized ones that seem unlikely to have a complete demo, and bolded ones that definitely have finished-ish demos.

Naveed:
Blind Anniversary, Edge of Sanity, Out of Here, Personal Parade, Sorry

Clumsy:
Home, Trapeze (+at least 6 other songs)

Happiness sessions:
Ordinary Day, Sleeping In, Yourself

Spiritual Machines:
A Waste of Violence, La Bra

Gravity:
Angelina's Song, Our Time Is Fading, Stop Screaming

Healthy in Paranoid Times:
End of the World, Enemy, Hit the Wall, No Warning, Save Yourself, Talk Is Cheap, Vampires, Weight of the Lord, (+20 other songs)

Burn Burn:
Song7, What Kind of Life (+at least 3 other songs, supposedly)

Curve:
Body Into Soul, Comes and Goes, A Day Without The Sun, Moth, Tales From A Grocery List, Warnings, (+at least 4 other songs)

Thanks for the list.. Today I was thing what songs we can have.. However you forget "Warnings" on Curve demos (I don't know if you include it on the 4 other songs) and this is one of the song that I wish will be out (really guys warnings is really amazing at least from the snippet that we have) also the scrapped material from Spiritual (their best album) can be interesting and also from Healthy... Definitely can't wait for Monday!

Ps here will be afternoon then I don't need to wake up early :-) some times it can be an advantage to be European! Hahaha
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 11/21/2014, 7:10 pm

I'll be freezing my ass off outside building displays for black Friday/Thursday. :*)****
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Flynner » 11/21/2014, 7:27 pm

WOOOO! Fucking right am i excited!
Flynner

Postby StraightEdge » 11/21/2014, 11:15 pm

Raine said that "Trapeze", "Vampires", "Home", and "Sleeping In" will all on the album! So Excited!
StraightEdge

Postby ivewaited » 11/23/2014, 3:59 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guys tell how excited I am?
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby faninor » 11/24/2014, 6:21 pm

I just realized I never bought Won't Turn Back, hmm. Wondering where is best to buy it from -- could someone who got it from Amazon tell me what bitrate it was encoded at?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby OLPManiac » 11/24/2014, 6:39 pm

faninor wrote:I just realized I never bought Won't Turn Back, hmm. Wondering where is best to buy it from -- could someone who got it from Amazon tell me what bitrate it was encoded at?

hahahaha...i bought from Google Play Music...it's an mp3 with a 320 kbps bitrate (like every song on Play Music)...i think that play music is the best for MP3...if i'm not wrong on Amazon the high quality it's at 256kbps (but maybe i'm wrong)...however on Play Music i'm sure because if it's possible i buy every mp3 from there!

OLPManiac

Postby Heavy Alibi » 11/24/2014, 8:28 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I NEED TRAPEZE AND OUT OF HERE RIGHT MEOW.

I saw a few people mention Out of Here on Facebook as well.... but you guys know it's on Youtube right? Or maybe is there another song by the same name I'm unaware of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDoaZeFJSKs
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby myownsatellite » 11/24/2014, 9:17 pm

I think I have the audio of that but it's pretty degraded. I'm talking I would like a really nice recording of the song.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby OLPManiac » 1/29/2015, 4:51 am

And also in trasparent humans' days the band is working on new stuffs!
http://instagram.com/p/ya17MZufs5/
Of course it sounds pretty rough but definitely better than Won't Turn Back (i like it but it isn't OLP for me)

OLPManiac

Postby faninor » 1/29/2015, 10:51 am

myownsatellite wrote:I think I have the audio of that but it's pretty degraded. I'm talking I would like a really nice recording of the song.

There were some older captures that were very sketchy, but Lando recorded it when they played the video on MuchMusic sometime around 2002/2003. While not perfect, that copy is a big improvement and is pretty listenable. Just in case you still have one of those older versions, here's the link: http://olp.bringbackthesun.com/StudioDe ... 20Here.mp3
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Tinman » 1/29/2015, 12:16 pm

Is this copy of out of here different that the audio on the music video? Sounds the same to me, but i can't cross reference right now.

I really hope we get Trapeze. For me, the OLP sweet spot is Clumsy to Spiritual machines, and I have trouble caring much about their Gravity to to current era. Curve being the exception, and i'd gladly accept some b-sides from that album.

Thanks for the post of the new song too. I can't really make heads or tails of it. It's strange to hear how diverse the band is. But it seems like since gravity, they just really have no interest in recapturing the old sound. I wonder why. Immune is such a great song, and imho, blows away all the other release the band has given us from the vault. Even Won't Turn Back seems like a complete 180 from the complexity and depth they brought to Curve, which was really disappointing for me, because its the first time in a decade the band was able to really reach me again.

Just have to wait and see what comes down the pipes i guess.
Tinman

Postby faninor » 1/29/2015, 12:18 pm

Pretty sure the video Nikki posted to youtube was Lando's recording, so it would be the same (although youtube re-encodes the audio, so the video has slightly worse sound than the mp3).
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 1/29/2015, 8:39 pm

faninor wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:I think I have the audio of that but it's pretty degraded. I'm talking I would like a really nice recording of the song.

There were some older captures that were very sketchy, but Lando recorded it when they played the video on MuchMusic sometime around 2002/2003. While not perfect, that copy is a big improvement and is pretty listenable. Just in case you still have one of those older versions, here's the link: http://olp.bringbackthesun.com/StudioDe ... 20Here.mp3

Thanks Joshy :)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby OLPManiac » 1/30/2015, 2:46 am

However guys from Steve's instagram it seems that right now the guys are in studio to record some fresh things...i'm happy to see that also with Transparent Humans they're still active...can't wait to hear some news also if i think that it's really tough that we will have something in 2015...i guess 2016 will be the right year!

OLPManiac

PreviousNext