ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

New Album news!!

Postby OLPManiac » 10/5/2012, 8:23 am

Well if the topic's title is not suitable i'm sorry, however it seems that the guys(not all :D from a TRUSTY source) are back in the studio for writing new materials, and also Raine confirmed on Twitter...however there are the news:

Raine's Tweet: "Sat down with Steve talking/ listening to new OLP ideas. Wow! "

Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
"Steve's guitar rig is all fired up and ready to go!

I bet you are all wondering why we keep posting these studio images don't you? Got a feeling in the next day or so it will all make sense!"

Well i know that probably is too soon for a new thread but i think that we need a place where we can share the news...i'm sorry if i made something wrong :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Re: New Album news!!

Postby Tinman » 10/5/2012, 8:58 am

Holy crap, that was fast! This is exciting, especially after Duncan's comment about plans to revisit the unfished B-sides from Curve. Thanks for the update.
Tinman

Postby astute_99 » 10/5/2012, 11:02 am

This is all very intriguing, and very surprising too! I wonder what it is that will "make sense" in the next couple days. If they're seriously back in the studio already (which seems really crazy to me), I doubt they'd have some material to post already. I'm thinking, again assuming that they're back in the studio, that maybe we'll get some video clips? Perhaps info about more live streams? B-sides doesn't seem like a plausible dream...but? Or maybe even a release of something not music related, like a photo book about the making of the album, or behind the scenes documentary type thingy? I'm full of ideas, I doubt any of them are accurate. What does everyone else think?
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby OLPManiac » 10/5/2012, 3:28 pm

I think that they're writing new stuffs...and probably like Duncan told in the future they will revisit the tracks that were cut from Curve...however i think that these are all great news!

OLPManiac

Postby neoncrossing » 10/5/2012, 5:41 pm

sounds to me like they either wrote a new song quickly and will post it or have revisited a b-side from curve and will release it...im hoping for moth or tales from a grocery list
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Jaxomatik » 10/5/2012, 6:53 pm

Man I am excited! I wanna see how they follow Curve up, or if they re-visit the b-sides from curve too I'd be okay with that too.
Jaxomatik

Postby OLPManiac » 10/6/2012, 7:35 am

A little clip is on the new Steve's viddy account:
http://www.viddy.com/video/d2656fd9-c9d ... ct=true#_=

OLPManiac

Postby Flynner » 10/6/2012, 12:07 pm

YES!!!! I can't believe they're getting in to a new cd already! this is amazing, can you imagine 2 albums in 2 years that would be effed
Flynner

Postby Flynner » 10/8/2012, 9:11 am

Nothings making sense yet about the studio videos lol
Flynner

Postby neoncrossing » 10/8/2012, 9:40 am

Remember they are on OLP standard time
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Tinman » 10/9/2012, 11:36 am

neoncrossing wrote:Remember they are on OLP standard time

True, but assuming they're firing up for another album (which admittedly is a huge assumption at this point) then i think we can expect a lot from the guys over the next couple of months. They've been taking suggestions from fans lately, and if you look at curve, they were providing lots of treats for the fans, ie; tweets, fb statuses, and youtube clips. If curve's build up is any indication, while the album might be a ways away, i think we can expect a lot of activity to keep up the excitement in the meantime.
Tinman

Postby Flynner » 10/9/2012, 4:53 pm

I hope you're right....Trusty since you're probably the one who wrote, "it will all make sense in a couple of days" reguarding the studio stuff. Can you fill us in on whats going on in OLP land? should we be getting excited here?
Flynner

Postby ivewaited » 10/10/2012, 12:45 am

I think they see the great reaction to curve and I always felt like it was sort of.. rushed.. so they are probably just really pumped and ready to get the train going/ keep going. We also heard A LOT of really amazing idea's that probably weren't just ready yet. I'm excited.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby ivewaited » 10/10/2012, 12:47 am

tales.. tales.. tales... :)

I honestly think what we heard of that surpasses anything OLP has put out and I cherish everything they put out because it's them. That song was seriously good.

ivewaited

Postby astute_99 » 10/10/2012, 6:36 am

There's a couple of thoughts that keep going around in my head, I may be way off base here, but I feel it's worth mentioning. One is how Raine has been releasing his little Pachamama EP's recently, and seems to be getting a good response from them. Two is something that Metallica fans will be aware of, how they released an EP called "Beyond Magnetic", 4 songs from the Death Magnetic sessions that they felt were good, but didn't fit into the full album. Perhaps the guys are thinking similarly of releasing an EP of songs from the Curve sessions, songs that for some reason couldn't fit into the album, songs that they don't want to include in a future full release (this is a key point in my mind), yet songs that the guys still liked enough that they decided to continue to work on them with the idea of them being released.

It doesn't seem like something that is very likely, given how Raine has mentioned his distaste in releasing B-sides. But then again, this could be thought of as an EP release, not a B-sides release ( I realize there isn't much difference, but from an artistic perspective, this could appease him). It could also explain why there is (potentially) some material that they seem to be in the early stages of announcing/releasing so soon after a major release.

The guys seem much more interested in how to stay relevant and how to release music in a modern, internet marketplace, and something like an EP seems very logical to me.

Again, maybe totally wrong here and I personally don't know how likely this is, but I would be incredibly happy if this happened. To be honest I don't really have any idea of what could be coming, but I think it's safe to say that SOMETHING is coming soon, so I thought I would throw this idea out there and see what you guys and gals think.
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby Tinman » 10/10/2012, 11:34 am

astute_99 wrote:Two is something that Metallica fans will be aware of, how they released an EP called "Beyond Magnetic", 4 songs from the Death Magnetic sessions that they felt were good, but didn't fit into the full album.

All of what you said is possible... but just the mention of "Metallica" in reference to our lady peace is enough to give me douche chills.
Tinman

Postby astute_99 » 10/10/2012, 11:52 am

Tinman wrote:
astute_99 wrote:Two is something that Metallica fans will be aware of, how they released an EP called "Beyond Magnetic", 4 songs from the Death Magnetic sessions that they felt were good, but didn't fit into the full album.

All of what you said is possible... but just the mention of "Metallica" in reference to our lady peace is enough to give me douche chills.

Haha sorry! I was just using them as one of the more "mainstream" examples. The truth is that many many bands operate this way, and I had always wondered why OLP didn't. Hopefully they're realizing that a release every 3 years just isn't feasible anymore and have decided to explore new (to them) ways of releasing music.
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby ivewaited » 10/10/2012, 7:09 pm

Tinman wrote:

:lol:

ivewaited

Postby OLPManiac » 10/11/2012, 12:24 pm

OLPManiac

Postby Tinman » 10/11/2012, 1:31 pm

Good find. God... think about how drastically different each album has been from the last. I'm expecting a curve part 2... but really, god only knows what they'll do this time around. just have to wait and see i guess.
Tinman

Next