ClumsyMonkey.net

What now?

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: What now?

Postby faninor » 10/15/2012, 11:05 am

3 PM OLPST!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Tinman » 10/16/2012, 7:26 am

faninor wrote:3 PM OLPST!

For a buffalo show. Wish they'd spread out from the east coast a bit.
Tinman

Postby auolp » 10/16/2012, 9:18 am

Yeah I'm a little bit surprised that they haven't toured the States more extensively with this record. Personally, living in the Southeast I'd love to see more dates down this way (Atlanta, New Orleans, Nashville, etc). OLP has always gotten a pretty good response in Texas and the Midwest as well (Denver, Phoenix) so a little surprised they haven't tried to capitalize on Curve a little more by hitting some of those sites instead of doubling up at several places like NYC, Buffalo, Toronto, etc). I know those are obviously strong OLP cities, but I think they could have taken the strength of Curve and maybe re-introduced themselves to more cities in the States.

I'm in no way aiming to be critical, they are obviously at the point in their personal lives and careers where they don't want to play a 6 month tour and do 200 shows a year (and that is definitely their right). I just wish they had been a tad more strategic in their tour planning as it seems like they have just taken a haphazard approach in planning a few shows here and a few shows there and just sort of going with the flow in terms of where the tour leads them.
auolp

Previous