ClumsyMonkey.net

What was the Deal with Right Stuff?

This is for you, this is for us...

What was the Deal with Right Stuff?

Postby A2K » 5/3/2012, 2:12 pm

So I know this post is about 2 and a half years late. But I haven't come on here to chat until recently and I've always wondered what happened to this song. If I recall correctly this was heavily rumoured to be the lead single from Burn Burn. Then AYDWSML was confirmed as the lead single. Then the track listing came out and it was only a bonus track.

This was all well and good until I bought the Album and saw that a high budget (not to mention awesome) video was made. Did the band wake up one morning and decide to burry the song (which I thought was alright albeit a little poppy).

Anyone know what happened? Anyone else care to guess?

P.S sorry if this was already discussed, I've looked through the history and didn't find anything.
A2K

Re: What was the Deal with Right Stuff?

Postby xjsb125 » 5/3/2012, 9:01 pm

I believe Raine said in an interview that there was "something about the song that just irked us". Thus, it was dropped. Additionally, initial fan reaction to it, especially here was "what the fuck is this?" Later, when we heard the studio version we said "what the fuck were we thinking???" They did a great job with the studio version. Glad they put it out there anyways, even if it wasn't a single. I'd like to hear the in-tune version of it in concert someday.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/3/2012, 9:29 pm

xjsb125 wrote:'d like to hear the in-tune version of it in concert someday.

yeah! me too. I'd also be nice to have feeling in my ears, fingers and toes so I can fully appreciate it.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby DG » 5/7/2012, 8:33 pm

I hated the shit of the live debut... I regret that now, 'cause it's one of my favorite off of Burn Burn-ish.
DG

Postby ivewaited » 5/8/2012, 12:12 am

DG wrote:I hated the shit of the live debut... I regret that now, 'cause it's one of my favorite off of Burn Burn-ish.

Seconded.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby Furious George » 5/8/2012, 5:46 pm

ivewaited wrote:
DG wrote:I hated the shit of the live debut... I regret that now, 'cause it's one of my favorite off of Burn Burn-ish.

Seconded.

Thirded.
Furious George