ClumsyMonkey.net

Brazilian fan: CURVE HANDS ON

This is for you, this is for us...

Brazilian fan: CURVE HANDS ON

Postby Fabio_kun » 4/12/2012, 11:45 pm

Guys,
I don't know how many of you actually know me from CC or from my OLPOnline website back in the early 2000... but I've been an OLP fan since 1999. And keep in mind that's pretty much since when I got online for the first time. Aside from all that, I'm in Brazil... which has always been something pretty crazy. No one here in Brazil knows about Our Lady Peace... I've always been a pretty lonely fan. Okay, I have a few friends who have heard of them and stuff, but that's about it.

I have all OLP CDs and DVDs which I've bought from stores either in Europe, USA or Canada. Unfortunately when I was in Toronto in 09 OLP wasn't on tour.

Today I got my preordered version of Curve with a signed booklet...
This may sound a bit retarded and silly. But really, for someone who has been a fan for about 12 years and who has owned an OLP fan site while ALL THEIR FRIENDS in school had absolutely no idea about what on earth was this band called "our lady peace", this is pretty majestic.

It feels so cool to have a signed CD... as silly as it may sound. OLP means a lot to me... and having a signed CD, even considering I've never seen the band live means even more.

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all...
I really love this band.

Next year I'm moving to Canada for at least 2 years to study. Hopefully I'll be able to finally see them on tour :)
Thank you for reading this ;)
Fabio_kun

Re: Brazilian fan: CURVE HANDS ON

Postby RileyLewis » 4/13/2012, 11:35 am

That's awesome!

And I hope when you're in Canada you'll get a chance to see them at some point. They are not always touring, but they tend to do at least a show or two every summer. Hopefully one of them will be near where you are! Where are you planning to attend school?
RileyLewis

Postby SpiritualJunkie » 4/13/2012, 9:52 pm

Yeah, if you're in a major Canadian city, you'll be seeing them at least once a year. They tend to do a lot of summer shows...especially in festivals. :D
And if I don't make it known that
I've loved you all along
Just like sunny days that
We ignore because
We're all dumb and jaded
And I hope to God I figure out
What's wrong

~4am~
SpiritualJunkie

Postby Flynner » 4/14/2012, 6:04 pm

Thats great to hear! congrats man, enjoy your time when your in Canada
Flynner

Postby A2K » 4/18/2012, 11:41 am

This made me smile.

Nothing to feel silly about. We all have our little things, that seem small but in our hearts we know they are huge accomplishments and treasures. I am excited for you to see the band live for the first time, when you come to Canada.
A2K

Postby Furious George » 4/18/2012, 6:28 pm

Ah yes.. I remember you and comments about the asians in Canada a while back.. :think:

Anyways, totally know where you're coming from. Been a fan since 1999 as well. I also lived in Chicago for a good 4 years and had to like recreate a small group of OLP appreciators. So much nicer OLP-wise when I came back to Toronto. What/where are you studying? Design? That was my major in Toronto. Maybe I could offer some insight.
Furious George