ClumsyMonkey.net

WTF happened???

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: WTF happened???

Postby saman » 10/23/2013, 2:14 pm

i was scrolling through this section and thinking to myself why the hell we're still feeding this guy, when we've gotten pretty good at ignoring the trolls. And then I saw this:

xjsb125 wrote:Is anyone else having fun just beating this guy up? This has been the most collective hate-on that we've had in years. Entertain me for a few more days and then I unleash the ban-hammer.

alright then, carry on, good sir.
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby govtschemes » 10/23/2013, 3:27 pm

Your attitude is shocking mr "salmon".

I am merely sharing my views. I am entitled to it, I have not complained about anyone elses.

By the way "whats a ban hammer?"

Oh well - I will always be a true Our Lady Peace fan of the band from 94-2001 when they still had what made them unique.

Tonight your faith as come down, to money and a tv, psychics who've never been to mars and, nazis breast feeding....

How prophetic those words were......looking back. Who would of thought Our Lady Peace would become a victim of their own words?
govtschemes

Postby saman » 10/23/2013, 6:01 pm

the name is saman, though i have to say how clever of you for making fun of someone else's name out of spite. and i am, in fact, a mrs.

i also have no problem with your views, just the fact that "sharing them" is pretty much the only thing you've done since you joined here, effectively beating a horse that's already been beaten to a pulp long before now. you don't like the band's new sound, we get it, stop whining and get over it. i actually think it's hilarious that you've joined one of the oldest still-running olp fan forums, have been continuously complaining about their sound and its members, then proceed to tell the rest of us that you're a better fan than us. also apparently private messaging members who disagree with you :think:

actually, you know what, i don't really care what your views are. i'm fairly content to ignore you. i was just puzzled as to why others were still butting heads with you, until i realized matt was having fun with you. also, just so you know, the ban-hammer is what the bossman brings out when he's ready to do some banning.
saman

Postby govtschemes » 10/24/2013, 4:32 pm

Well whatever.

And this new sound you talk about, is not new at all. Its the same old stuff. You call it a new sound, to me its the same old stuff......
govtschemes

Postby neoncrossing » 10/24/2013, 4:48 pm

govtschemes wrote:Well whatever.

And this new sound you talk about, is not new at all. Its the same old stuff. You call it a new sound, to me its the same old stuff......

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same old stuff is what you have been wanting for the past decade. You don't like the progression of the music and want the original guitar player back.

Make up your mind for crying out loud. Each post you make contradicts the last. You are a dirty filthy troll who does not belong anywhere near this message board.

Matt.....ban hammer please....this is just beyond annoying now.
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby govtschemes » 10/25/2013, 3:02 pm

No it isn't.....you don't get it. I thought with Happiness and Spiritual Machines (which I didn't hear until 2006 - Spiritual Machines) were a huge improvement over what they were doing before and I really thought they were becoming their own band instead of sounding anything like anyone else.

But your missing the point, your idea of selling out to a record company is progressing......really? To me the success of Gravity was purely based on marketing, not a progression or change in sound.

You make out like I want to hate the new music, believe me I don't, I just can't bring myself to like it, its too painful.
Ultimately the problem is the band seem to of forgotten how to write decent songs.
govtschemes

Postby orangedrink » 11/20/2013, 7:42 pm

I agree that the band have stopped writing songs that are worthwhile.
Curve, only had 2 or 3 okay songs on it, the rest were garbage. I don't know, I just think they have alot of room for improvement but I guess if they want to make dull repetitive music that sounds all the same so be it, in their case anyway.

I don't see that, getting them very far though. Do they even care about their fans anymore?
orangedrink

Postby Tinman » 11/21/2013, 12:37 pm

orangedrink wrote:I agree that the band have stopped writing songs that are worthwhile.
Curve, only had 2 or 3 okay songs on it, the rest were garbage. I don't know, I just think they have alot of room for improvement but I guess if they want to make dull repetitive music that sounds all the same so be it, in their case anyway.

I don't see that, getting them very far though. Do they even care about their fans anymore?

Yes and No. Curve was made for the band. Not for the fans.It was the product of the band creating an album that they would listen to (their words, not mine). So no, they are not looking to appease you or anyone else outside of themselves. That's what Curve is. If you didn't like it, I would say that the band is probably not going to produce another album you like again, as album #9 is very likely going to build off of what Curve is and the mentality that the band was shifted into with the help of Jason Ladder. They are really proud of Curve, you can see it live, you can see it in their interviews. They have said before, that they can't really please their fans and be happy themselves. They don't want to keep producing 90's alt rock, which is what "the fans" want. I don't even know how we are classifying a fan, as each album is drastically different from the last, and you're dealing with people who came in during Gravity, fans of the new stuff, fans of the old stuff. Even fans of the old stuff are torn apart. Some think that everything has been down hill since the band softened up after naveed, some think SM was the peek of the bands brilliance, some think it was too much and HINAFYCC was the sweet spot. People are all over the place, how can you hope to appease such a drastically opinionated group? You can't. So fuck um, do what you want and have fun doing it. That's what OLP is now.

The benefit of this is that OLP will continue to produce music, and produce new fans. Many of their old fans will drop off, many of their older fans will come back. It just depends. For me, Curve was an excellent album with 2-3 songs that I didn't really care for, but that the rest really pulled me in and rejuvenated the band for me. For you, it was a soldering iron in your prostate. That's just life though. Their work, their rules.
Tinman

Postby xjsb125 » 11/21/2013, 3:49 pm

FYI orangedrink= govtschemes.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tinman » 11/22/2013, 8:48 am

xjsb125 wrote:FYI orangedrink= govtschemes.

Wouldn't it be wild if govtschemes= Mike Turner
Tinman

Postby xjsb125 » 11/22/2013, 8:58 am

That would be more sad than anything.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 11/23/2013, 11:57 am

From what I see on Mike's Facebook, he has better things to do than troll this board anyway.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Previous