ClumsyMonkey.net

Curve Single Selection

This is for you, this is for us...

Curve Single Selection

Postby Furious George » 3/30/2012, 1:48 pm

Like the title says.

My votes are for As Fast as You Can, just cause it's an awesomely positive and solidly good song and.... Find Our Way

I must say that I think they absolutely must release Find Our Way as a single. The riff is absolutely killer, not to mention the breakdown. It shows off an almost Naveed-like raw side of OLP that a lot of longtime OLP listeners haven't heard a while so that would draw them in especialy if they've been a littl disillusioned with some of the singles they've been putting out in recent years. Also, that riff is something that any fan of rock or music in general can appreciate. It's catchy and unique- and I think it's those two traits that I think drew a lot of people to the band in the first place..

I think AFAYC would be great at attracting a really broad audience, with Find Our Way kinda covering the more hardcore crowd. That way, they kind of have something for everyone.

This is It I think would work well I think but if I had to choose- I think Find Our Way just edges it out based on the energy and riff alone. It's something fresh and energetic that the rock scene hasn't heard in a while. This is It is a great song, but it's less unique I feel and therefore less of a song that would make people feel like checking out the rest of the album.
Last edited by Furious George on 3/30/2012, 1:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Furious George

Re: Curve Single Selection

Postby Heavy Alibi » 3/30/2012, 1:49 pm

You do know that As Fast As You Can is already confirmed as the second single right? And I agree on Find Our Way for the third single... that or Will Someday Change.
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Long Jonny » 3/30/2012, 1:56 pm

Hmm... for the 3rd single, I think there are so many tracks they could potentially go with. My guess is that it will be either FITHH or FOW. I doubt it will be WSC because it is really, really slow and for the fact that it doesn't have drums and doesn't fit the standard Rock radio format.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/30/2012, 2:12 pm

I love Find Our Way, but it probably wouldn't make a good single. The way it's structured probably wouldn't be that appealling to most rock radio stations.

The best candidates for third single would probably be Fire in the Henhouse or Allowance.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Heavy Alibi » 3/30/2012, 2:30 pm

Yeah... while "Someday Change" is really growing on me and is one of their greatest slow ballad songs, it does lack that rock element that Thief and 4 AM both had, so it's probably not really single material.

I don't care much for If This Is It, so I'll go with Fire in the Henhouse as a second choice after Find Our Way. FOW's structure is a bit unorthodox but I think radio will dig it.
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby DG » 3/30/2012, 2:58 pm

I would put money on Fire in the Henhouse.
DG

Postby SpiritualJunkie » 3/30/2012, 8:47 pm

"Fire in the Henhouse" hands down and "Will Someday Change". They both sound so different that it'll give audiences difference sides of OLP.
And if I don't make it known that
I've loved you all along
Just like sunny days that
We ignore because
We're all dumb and jaded
And I hope to God I figure out
What's wrong

~4am~
SpiritualJunkie

Postby xjsb125 » 3/31/2012, 8:18 am

I'm betting on Allowance.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby astute_99 » 3/31/2012, 8:46 am

xjsb125 wrote:I'm betting on Allowance.

Usually when they play an acoustic set on radio/tv it's the singles (SWOT/Innocent, AYDWSML/EIWWB), so I agree.
EDIT: This is the 100000 post in OLP Discussion, cool!
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby neoncrossing » 3/31/2012, 1:47 pm

Fire In The Hen House, If This Is It, Find Our Way, or Allowance...I dont see anything else on this record being even close to radio friendly...Will Someday Change is a beautiful song, but without the song picking up at all, I see alot of ppl changing the station
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby RileyLewis » 3/31/2012, 1:49 pm

In order of likelihood:

Allowance
FITTH
Find Our Way
If This Is It

What I would enjoy:

Rabbits
Allowance