ClumsyMonkey.net

Autograph Collections

This is for you, this is for us...

Autograph Collections

Postby wshurme » 3/12/2012, 6:35 pm

I would like to see if there is anyone out there that has an autograph collection of the band. I have one and i would like to share the pics with people. I would also like to see what other people may have. Just an Idea.
wshurme

Re: Autograph Collections

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 3/12/2012, 7:32 pm

wshurme wrote:I would like to see if there is anyone out there that has an autograph collection of the band. I have one and i would like to share the pics with people. I would also like to see what other people may have. Just an Idea.

I have one but my stuff isn't all in one place so I'd have to gather it together or take multiple photos but I can make it happen. What kind of stuff do you have?
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby DG » 3/12/2012, 8:30 pm

I don't have a collection per se, but I got my Clumsy and Spiritual Machines signed on the Evening With tour.
DG

Postby wshurme » 3/12/2012, 9:24 pm

I own 2 guitars. One electric signed by OLP, Seether and the Trailer park boys. From what I understand they are a sketch comedy group. The second one is an acoustic one signed by OLP and Bush. I also own 18 pics, cd covers and posters signed by the band. Mike Turner on a few. Jim the keyboard player on two of them. My favorite one is the lyrics for "Earthless" written and signed by Raine. I met them in London Canada. On the Clumsy Spirital Machine tour. I would like to share with people that love OLP as much as I do. Ever since Rich and Shelly went away I haven't seen many pics of memorabilia. Interested in what other people got. Thanks
wshurme

Postby faninor » 3/12/2012, 10:20 pm

I'm not too big on autograph collecting but I have a few things.

Things that I bought already signed:
The Needle and the Damage Done 7" record, sleeve signed by Raine, Jeremy, Mike Turner, and Chris Eacrett.
Live 1995 CD, sleeve signed by Raine, Jeremy, Mike, and Duncan.
Raine's solo album

Things I got signed in person:
The "PPU Rocks" Gravity sampler CD, signed by Raine, Jeremy, Duncan, and Steve (got everyone but Raine to sign it in 2006, then caught Raine in 2010)
A Healthy in Paranoid Times era promo photo, signed in person by part of the band (got everything but Steve (I think) to sign it in 2006).

:brad: I'm thinking about asking them to sign one more thing this year. :brad:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Kicker774 » 3/13/2012, 11:22 am

I have a setlist from a Columbus show signed by all the guys.
That's the only thing in person.

I think I pre-ordered Raines solo album and it has a nice autograph on it, then I think I won the Decade CD with the album covered signed by everyone.
Once I got their autograph once I don't see the reason to get it again on another piece of something.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby faninor » 3/13/2012, 12:26 pm

Kicker774 wrote:Once I got their autograph once I don't see the reason to get it again on another piece of something.

That's my attitude as well, I don't care to get every album autographed or anything, and at this point I would only ask them in person for a truly one-of-a-kind item that would be changed from "awesome" to "crazy awesome" by adding signatures. :brad:

OH YEAH!

I also have a kazoo autographed by Steve in Vancouver 2006. That was fun. 8-)

In 2007, just after I moved to California I tried to get Raine and Chantal to autograph my copy of Century Hotel when they played at the Hotel Cafe. I think they saw what I was holding and ran. At the last Hotel Cafe show Kym got Raine's handwritten copy of the lyrics to Neil Young's Don't Let It Bring You Down, but I don't think she asked him to autograph it.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 3/13/2012, 2:04 pm

wshurme wrote:I own 2 guitars. One electric signed by OLP, Seether and the Trailer park boys. From what I understand they are a sketch comedy group. The second one is an acoustic one signed by OLP and Bush. I also own 18 pics, cd covers and posters signed by the band. Mike Turner on a few. Jim the keyboard player on two of them. My favorite one is the lyrics for "Earthless" written and signed by Raine. I met them in London Canada. On the Clumsy Spirital Machine tour. I would like to share with people that love OLP as much as I do. Ever since Rich and Shelly went away I haven't seen many pics of memorabilia. Interested in what other people got. Thanks

I've got a drumstick signed by Jer, a Burn Burn poster that the band signed for me in NYC, A setlist from the 9:30 Club, The Hunter's Lullaby, one of my photos of me and Raine, The Clumsy/SM book and my two personal favorites are the photo card from Jer's drum clinic and a piece of Oli's SM artwork that's the size of cd liner notes signed by Raine.... these two are my favorites because they have my name on them. :)
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Tattooed Angels » 3/13/2012, 4:33 pm

What do you by Autograph Collection?.

Odd thing for me is I have given away autographed stuff I had over the years yet is seems I keep getting signed stuff even if I do not want it.
Take Burn Burn/Clumsy SM tour for example.. Must of gotten 6 things signed on that alone. The pre-order cd came signed. I went to 2 radio events that gave away signed posters so I have posters. One the Clumsy/Sm tour my posters came signed. The special red and blue ones. They were not suppose to come that way. I did not notice till afterwards. I asked the girl about it and she said some are signed by band. It is not any different price and not like you can say want signed one. They are mixed in with others and I just happen to get the signed ones..

The last thing I asked to get signed was the Promo Poster Raine had for his solo cd and my Chart mag with them on cover cause I framed it. I really do not need anymore things from OLP signed..

ooh and i do not have as much as people might think..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Johnny » 4/3/2012, 5:29 pm

my sm guitar blows everything outta the water. fact.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby wshurme » 4/14/2012, 5:03 pm

I understand some people only want one thing signed and that's it. But that's not a collection. It's just a signed item. I collect their autographs because I enjoy the music. I Will buy most stuff I see autographed. I don't have any duplicates. So each piece I own is diffrent and they span across the yrs.
wshurme

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/14/2012, 6:15 pm

wshurme wrote:I understand some people only want one thing signed and that's it. But that's not a collection. It's just a signed item. I collect their autographs because I enjoy the music. I Will buy most stuff I see autographed. I don't have any duplicates. So each piece I own is diffrent and they span across the yrs.

I like getting autographs on certain things that are special to me because I think it makes them a little extra special but collecting photos with them is what I love the most! I've always enjoyed taking pictures. I like that I can look at a photo and that one image reminds me of all the important moments of that day!

ClumsyGirl618

Postby RileyLewis » 4/14/2012, 6:22 pm

My favourite (and only) signed item is a drumstick I caught on the An Evening With tour. I went to their next show a few days later with a VIP ticket and got the guys to sign it. Unfortunately I looked like a total dweeb in the picture since Jeremy hugged me so close. :(
RileyLewis

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/14/2012, 7:14 pm

These are my favorites as I think I mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere:

Image Image
Last edited by ClumsyGirl618 on 4/14/2012, 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ClumsyGirl618

Postby myownsatellite » 4/14/2012, 8:42 pm

Don't feel like reading all the replies right now...lol

My collection was in a shadowbox which the husband accidentally smashed, I think when I was in my last apartment. So I don't know where the stuff is right now, but mine is mostly tickets and CD jackets. Oh, and that poster they were selling for Burn Burn a while back. Hubs had it framed and it's hanging on the living room wall above the couch.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/16/2012, 2:43 pm

myownsatellite wrote:Don't feel like reading all the replies right now...lol

My collection was in a shadowbox which the husband accidentally smashed, I think when I was in my last apartment. So I don't know where the stuff is right now, but mine is mostly tickets and CD jackets. Oh, and that poster they were selling for Burn Burn a while back. Hubs had it framed and it's hanging on the living room wall above the couch.

didn't I send you the SM setlist signed..

I stopped getting stuff signed years ago unless it was something special.. The last two cd's came signed. The posters came signed( but that was a fluke), The DVD came signed..

The only thing I had signed recently( within the last 5-8 years) was The Chart Magazine with Steve( framed) only cause first band photo with Steve I ever had signed. I also had Raine sign the poster I got with his cd. That is also framed..

After a certain point what is the use of getting stuff signed. That is how I feel with any band..Unless it is a special occasion or something else I do not get stuff signed anymore by any band or musician I have met numerous times.

if talking favorite things then it would be the signed CHART Mags, My Clumsy CD( cause first autograph I got from the band), The Raine poster, SM/Clumsy Posters, and a birthday card both Raine and Chantal signed for me years ago. Though have no clue where it is now..

For me my most treasured OLP items are my cd singles. It took me years to get them( 1997-2004 then current singles as they came out). I do not know if there was any physical cd singles after Where Are You? That was the last one I got. Only missing the record for Needle and Damage done. Hardest ones to get were the earlier singles and Thief..

I rather get Promos or photos advertising things. Still love my Steve with his Yamaha Black Guitar magazine ad. Though he has not brought it out on the road since 03'. Once asked him and he said he is really loving the Gibsons right now.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby john.mcgarity » 4/17/2012, 3:58 pm

I'd like to express my extreme jealousy for all of you. I was on a desert island as far as the band is concerned for many years. Missed concerts, unfortunate events, and all that. I didn't get to see my first show (after 6 tries) until 2005 when they came to the 9:30 Club in 2005. My first, my only, and--by default--favorite piece of autographed memorabilia is the booklet to Curve. But maybe this will be the start of something...
"She builds her own satellite from an Old Rusted Chair"
john.mcgarity

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/17/2012, 4:56 pm

john.mcgarity wrote:I'd like to express my extreme jealousy for all of you. I was on a desert island as far as the band is concerned for many years. Missed concerts, unfortunate events, and all that. I didn't get to see my first show (after 6 tries) until 2005 when they came to the 9:30 Club in 2005. My first, my only, and--by default--favorite piece of autographed memorabilia is the booklet to Curve. But maybe this will be the start of something...

let me look through my stuff. I might still have stuff I can give away.. I gave away extras I had. .

Funny thing is after Bowery SHow I asked James if I could get one of Duncan's picks cause. I missplaced the one he gave me. He handed ( 4 picks). I went to give the extra to the people I was with. NOtice a black pick in the mix. Ended up being one of Raine's picks. Stuff like that happens to me all the time. The black ones are rare. I think he uses the orange ones still. I guess the guitar picks are the other things. HIPT tour they had interesting ones.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/17/2012, 8:32 pm

john.mcgarity wrote:I'd like to express my extreme jealousy for all of you. I was on a desert island as far as the band is concerned for many years. Missed concerts, unfortunate events, and all that. I didn't get to see my first show (after 6 tries) until 2005 when they came to the 9:30 Club in 2005. My first, my only, and--by default--favorite piece of autographed memorabilia is the booklet to Curve. But maybe this will be the start of something...

Where do you live?

ClumsyGirl618

Postby paintedbynumbers » 4/18/2012, 7:05 am

I have a pic from around the gravity tour era that has our lady peace on the front and Raine's name on the back in white. I don't know if he used it though. I got it at the show at the Flickinger center in Buffalo
paintedbynumbers

Next