ClumsyMonkey.net

Sold Out Shows :/ (Screw ticket scalpers)

This is for you, this is for us...

Sold Out Shows :/ (Screw ticket scalpers)

Postby bd007h » 2/10/2012, 8:59 pm

I was very interested in going to the Buffalo show on April 6th (tickets went on sale today, pre-sale was yesterday), but I was gonna hold off on purchasing tickets until I knew who all I would be going with... Turns out a lot of the shows, including Buffalo, have already sold out in just one day. So I went on stubhub and there's already 28 tickets on there for the Buffalo show, but they ranged in price from $98 to $120. So some tools bought a bunch of tickets for the market value of 38.50 (after the "convenience charges) just to sell them for 60 to 90 dollars above market value. I find this to be absolutely ridiculous. I've been a diehard OLP fan for 15 years, but I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars+ to see them again when I could've just spent 40 dollars if a bunch of clowns didn't buy a bunch of them just to sell for 3 times the original price.
bd007h

Postby AnnieDreams » 2/11/2012, 7:14 am

I find it weird that they're finding enough people to sell them to at prices that high.
I mean, OLP are great, but they're not huge and they tour fairly often. It's not like this is Michael Jackson or Neil Young's goodbye tour. Who wants to pay hundreds of dollars for this every-couple-of-years-in-a-lifetime opportunity?
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 2/11/2012, 8:18 am

AnnieDreams wrote:I find it weird that they're finding enough people to sell them to at prices that high.
I mean, OLP are great, but they're not huge and they tour fairly often. It's not like this is Michael Jackson or Neil Young's goodbye tour. Who wants to pay hundreds of dollars for this every-couple-of-years-in-a-lifetime opportunity?

It doesnt look like people are really buying them. I know there's still a lot of time before the shows but it would be funny if no one did. These fuckers would be out a lot of money!
Last edited by ClumsyGirl618 on 2/11/2012, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 2/11/2012, 9:05 pm

My tickets are legit, sorry!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby AnnieDreams » 2/12/2012, 7:21 am

Raine's mad about it.

MrRaineMaida raineanthonymaida
Bastards ... Ticket scalpers and fake olive oil producers!!! To hell... The whole lot of em!!!
9 hours ago

“@breebug: @MrRaineMaida what is the exact twitter handle for #Anonymous?” @YourAnonNews
22 hours ago

We should all Petition #anonymous to crash these scalping sites.
22 hours ago

Should be an #occupy scalper websites ! shut these thieves down!
11 Feb
»

This stubhub scalper bullshit needs to get sorted out! Bastards have no business stealing tickets. Criminals!!!!
11 Feb
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 2/12/2012, 11:37 am

Yeah, he's really pissed and stressed as he should be. I just feel kind of bad because I was the one that mentioned it to him. :(

They're really excited about this album and this tour and these scalping fuckers are really ruining this. :mad:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby bd007h » 2/12/2012, 9:35 pm

Hopefully it leads to more shows on this tour. I've seen OLP before, but I'd love to see them as many times as possible. And scalpers are ruining it for the real fans.
bd007h

Postby Neil » 2/13/2012, 12:52 pm

Scalping is completely legal. I'm going to feed all six of my illegitimate children using my 8 pairs of BSB/NKOTB tickets..
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby faninor » 2/13/2012, 1:57 pm

Neil wrote:Scalping is completely legal. I'm going to feed all six of my illegitimate children using my 8 pairs of BSB/NKOTB tickets..

It's actually not completely legal, but there are lots of loopholes since it's controlled by state laws which vary wildly and don't prevent interstate scalping.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Neil » 2/13/2012, 7:46 pm

faninor wrote:
Neil wrote:Scalping is completely legal. I'm going to feed all six of my illegitimate children using my 8 pairs of BSB/NKOTB tickets..

It's actually not completely legal, but there are lots of loopholes since it's controlled by state laws which vary wildly and don't prevent interstate scalping.

Ok. Ok. Not "completely" legal. However.. legal enough. Haha! I could be worse. We get people of all flavors standing outside the metro venues each and every event. No, I do not want your over-priced Minnesota Vikings tickets. Fool! I already paid too much myself to watch them lose.

That's why I got NKOTB/BSB tickets. Creepy girls will be all over it.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby xjsb125 » 2/13/2012, 10:45 pm

I grew up in Bristol, which is home to a hugely popular NASCAR race twice a year. It usually sells out all 160,000 tickets. The city had a huge problem with ticket scalpers prior to the rise of eBay and selling online. They eventually cracked down and passed local law that if you were on the street in Bristol selling tickets at above face value you had to possess a valid business license. If not, you got fined. They made a lot of money that first year.

The biggest issue I see is the large ticketing companies like Ticketmaster/Live Nation could give a shit after they get that initial ticket sale. They don't care if the true fans get it, or the scalpers. Once they get the initial sale, they've collected and filled their obligation. It's on the artist to put the pressure back on the ticketing companies to initiate change, such as paperless ticketing or verifying ID purchase and immediate entry.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby katshimmers » 2/14/2012, 11:57 am

Its all just shit.
katshimmers

Postby Tattooed Angels » 2/14/2012, 5:54 pm

As long as people are willing to pay those prices this will never stop. FREE ENTERPRISE.

Scalping is nothing new. The sad things is no matter how many petitions are done. No matter how many letter written nothing will be done.

years ago Springsteen fans sued ticketmaster cause as soon as they went to TM it brough them to Stub hub or a sister site.It isall bullshit

Honesly t hough with this tour Raine kept tweeting how intimate it is going to be etc. That is it is limited run of shows. Fans are not the only people following him. Fans scalp tickets also. Sad is how they can do that to other fans.

You all know what huge u2 fan I am. I have been in the fanclub for almost 18 years now( join later) anyway a few years back the pre-sale was sold out on scalper sites. the band apoligized on national t.v and sai dwill work something out for next time. They had 3 pre-sales. the original fanclub members, the online members then people who just joined to cut down on it. The first pre-sale was for long time fans. Don't you know less then 3 hours after that pre-sale tickets were up on Ebay> Now th eonly way to get tickets for this was if you were in the original fan club. No other way. FANS SELLING TICKETS..

As Matt and I think Josh also said the only way to cut down on a GA show is to have person buying ticket show up at door with ID and be let in. I have been to a few shows like that. The Airborne Toxic Event fantickets are all WILL CALL

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby bd007h » 2/14/2012, 10:41 pm

After talking about it on twitter, I now have "Ticket Shack" following me. I went on their site and there's tons of tickets to the show on there too, ranging from $104-$248 each. 248 DOLLARS! Why would anyone pay that unless it's something like Paul McCartney's farewell tour.
bd007h

Postby Tattooed Angels » 2/16/2012, 5:38 pm

bd007h wrote:After talking about it on twitter, I now have "Ticket Shack" following me. I went on their site and there's tons of tickets to the show on there too, ranging from $104-$248 each. 248 DOLLARS! Why would anyone pay that unless it's something like Paul McCartney's farewell tour.

you should of seen some of the prices for other shows. As I have said before as long as people are desperate to see a showand pay all these places will exist. I knew NYC would sell out but not as fast as it did. Even Temper Trap sold out fast there.. Never before has this happened. People are out to make a buck and do not care from who.

You know even the scalpers outside sell phony tickets. How do you think those people feel. I only deal with people I know and ticketmaster, bandsite or bocx office

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby faninor » 2/16/2012, 6:37 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:you should of seen some of the prices for other shows.

Last time I saw Radiohead, worse seats than mine had a street value of more than $800 per ticket. They weren't just listed at that price, that was ended auctions that people had actually bid on and won. That's Hollywood, baby.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Tattooed Angels » 2/16/2012, 7:26 pm

faninor wrote:
Tattooed Angels wrote:you should of seen some of the prices for other shows.

Last time I saw Radiohead, worse seats than mine had a street value of more than $800 per ticket. They weren't just listed at that price, that was ended auctions that people had actually bid on and won. That's Hollywood, baby.

They wanted thousands for GA U2 tickets( not the red zone which was charity and does not count) For that much money Bono and Edge better show up in a limo with Crystal to the private jet to take me to dinner/show( ala pretty woman opera).

Madonna tickets( face value) were $2500. SAY WHAT..

but on a better note only paid $50 for SIR ELTON.. Obstructive View. Only thig was you saw his back. I was right on top of stage and he turned around more then enough. Can't beat that. Released day of show tickets.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby bd007h » 2/17/2012, 12:19 am

Well, I saw them for free in Lockport, NY in 2010, so if I spent 120 dollars it'd average out to 60 each time I saw them.... hahahah. Still don't wanna spend 120 dollars on a concert ticket though unless it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Wish I saw them when they played at Water Street in Rochester in 2002, but I was a broke High School student then. Now I'm a broke college graduate paying off college loans on a part-time job.
bd007h

Re: Sold Out Shows :/ (Screw ticket scalpers)

Postby Johnny » 4/3/2012, 5:11 pm

I scalped a ticket once.....

...then I took an arrow to the knee.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Re: Sold Out Shows :/ (Screw ticket scalpers)

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/4/2012, 4:02 pm

There was an article yesterday in the local paper here talking about how this has gotten out of control.Said that tickets are being resold for up to 125& increase. THat the tech people have high class ways to trick the system into thinking they are legit. . Not just with this OLP tour but overall concerts, ballgames, football games etc. Ticketmaster claims they do security checks 10x an hour. ONe of the things the article mentioned was buy ticket and have to pick up at door with ID( venue)

They mentioned how tickets for Bruce Springsteen Wrecking Ball Tour was going for $5000 for 2( ticket is $100) and Madonna was $7000. I really like to know who is buying these tickets?

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Next