ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP Urban Grind Tour (2012)

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: OLP Urban Grind Tour (2012)

Postby xjsb125 » 4/24/2012, 9:08 pm

The ending of Clumsy gave me goose bumps. I've been to 23 shows, and the first time that's ever happened. Awesome show.

Here are some Matt live stats:
Total OLP Concerts: 23
Most concerts in any given year (to date): 4 - '05, '06, '10, '12
Month I've seen them the most: April (6x), March/July (5x)
Day of the month I've seen them the most: 31st (4x), 27th (3x)
Never seen them in the same venue more than twice, and that's always been for back to back shows
City I've seen them in the most: Toronto (5x), London/Vancouver (3x)
Province/State I've seen them in the most: Ontario (12x)...and just 2x in Tennessee where I live!
16 shows in Canada, 7 in the US.

Lot of free time here...
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby faninor » 4/25/2012, 12:49 pm

Clumsy in Seattle was ridiculous! Since they haven't toured down the west coast for so long, the extended ending was probably new to a lot of people, and listening back to the audio it sounds like the whole place went crazy.

Josh live stats:

Total OLP Concerts: 13
Most concerts in any given year (to date): 3 - '06, '12
Month I've seen them the most: April (6 times - 5 were with Matt!)
Day of the month I've seen them the most: (tie) 20th, 28th - 2x
City I've seen them in the most: (tie) Los Angeles + Vancouver - 3x each
Province/State I've seen them in the most: British Columbia - 6x... California's 2nd place at 4x
6 shows in Canada, 7 in the US

Total # of different songs performed: 61
Live debuts: Our Time Is Fading, Kiss on the Mouth, If This Is It
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby paintedbynumbers » 4/25/2012, 1:33 pm

you have audio of Seattle? Are you going to be sharing it on here?
paintedbynumbers

Postby faninor » 4/25/2012, 4:15 pm

:brad:
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/25/2012, 4:49 pm

I wanna play too!!!

Here are some Bree live stats:
Total OLP Concerts: 25
Most concerts in any given year (to date): 9 - 2009
Month I've seen them the most: March (6x), July (5x)
Day of the month I've seen them the most: 3rd (3x)
Seen them in the same venue twice for back to back shows at Massey Hall, Centennial Hall, and Riviera Theater and also 2 years in a row during Lockport NY's summer concert series
City I've seen them in the most: Toronto (4x) Buffalo area (5x)
Province/State I've seen them in the most: Ontario (10x)...and New York (8x)
11 shows in Canada, 13 in the US.
First show April 26, 2000 Gannon University's Hammermill Center: Erie, Pennsylvania... My Hometown!!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby paintedbynumbers » 4/25/2012, 6:47 pm

that erie show was fun. I was there and then St. Bonaventure the next night in Olean NY. Nine days opened for them before "Story of a girl" was even a hit. I have been to 52 shows and my first was in 1997 in Buffalo, NY. Great to see the band evolve. Favorite show was probaby edge fest 2001 in Buffalo or maybe Rochester when Greenwheel opened for them. Greenwheel was a great band I wish they had gotten bigger.
paintedbynumbers

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 4/25/2012, 9:18 pm

Yes they were! I was at that rochester show too :)
xoNoDoubt69
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby paintedbynumbers » 4/25/2012, 9:46 pm

They have a cover band called Wyld Stalyon its spelled weird. They have vids on youtube of them.
paintedbynumbers

Postby Trustworthy » 4/26/2012, 12:02 pm

Rush plays 20-28 songs a night, at a much higher level of musicianship, much older gentlemen, and a much higher voice than Mr. Maida.

lol...you forgot to mention the private jets, hotel suites, personal assistants, doctors and a full support staff all while they are on a tour that took 2 years to plan, was routed to perfection with proper rest time and other specifics scheduled into it, etc ,etc.

Sorry but some of the things in here I have read are pretty ridiculous, touring isn't easy especially when it's a small quickly planned tour like the urban grind one was, multiple shows in a row, being on bus with 11 of your closest friends 90% of the time, venues with little or no facilities, only a few days off, death colds and stomach flus going around etc - don't even have to mention the amount of gear that came out this time with that lighting set up and an extra person in the band. 90 mins is pretty much standard on a regular tour - I KNOW FOR A FACT the guys bust their ass every night to give the fans the best show possible and pretty much nothing will stop them from going out doing so as has been proven many times before.

I get it though, some of you would love to see longer shows, who wouldn't? - Is it possible? sure, would you of been able to see a 2+ hour show on this tour? Nope, not a chance...it quite literally would of been impossible to do in most cases.

As mentioned this was a quick little tour just to get out and play and hit some of the places that have been off the radar for a while - the goal of it was accomplished, the fans loved it, the tour went well and now its on to some summer festivals and planning the next one :duncan:
Trustworthy

Postby OLPManiac » 4/26/2012, 1:58 pm

Well Trusty i see that there are only two european dates....and i see also that there are some dates 10 days after the european shows...then we won't have a true European Tour?
Only a question...i know that the guys are indipendent and then the things are hard! :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Trustworthy » 4/26/2012, 5:41 pm

Dont know all the details about europe and I think there are some things right after that haven't been announced yet :) But as of right now I only know of those two euro dates - i am sure more are being planned just don't know if it will be around the same time as the London ones or later in the year/2013

BUT

I know for a fact OLP wants to get to more european cities its just a matter of how and when at this point. Hang in there man!
Trustworthy

Postby todddowney » 4/26/2012, 6:39 pm

:)
Last edited by todddowney on 10/29/2013, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
todddowney

Postby Trustworthy » 4/26/2012, 6:44 pm

Oh dont worry i got something special planned for "if this is it" ....audio is superb too :)

gimme a few days!
Trustworthy

Postby RileyLewis » 4/26/2012, 7:24 pm

That ending to Clumsy is one of the best things they've ever added live, in my opinion. It adds so much energy and franticness to the end of the song.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 4/26/2012, 7:37 pm

todddowney wrote:Cruel that nobody has gotten audio/video of If This Is It up yet. Nobody on the tube either. Damn. Question for those that got to see it: how did it come across?

I think it played out well. They worked on it for a looooooong time in soundcheck in Vancouver and Seattle. This is one of the songs I think that if there was a second electric guitar being played it would put a nice touch on it. However, Steve and Robin did a great job filling in the harmonics, just missing a bit of that crushing weight the song has. Still, amazing song and glad I got to hear it. Raine's vocal delivery was great, and Steve pulled off a great solo again.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby faninor » 4/26/2012, 10:43 pm

All My Friends live in Los Angeles: http://soundcloud.com/clumsymonkey/our- ... my-friends
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby OLPManiac » 4/27/2012, 4:07 am

Trustworthy wrote:Dont know all the details about europe and I think there are some things right after that haven't been announced yet :) But as of right now I only know of those two euro dates - i am sure more are being planned just don't know if it will be around the same time as the London ones or later in the year/2013

BUT

I know for a fact OLP wants to get to more european cities its just a matter of how and when at this point. Hang in there man!

Thanks for the answer Trusty! Please if you can share other details when you will know more it will be good! I want to see the guys live as soon as possible!
Oh and thanks for All My Friends! :)

EDIT: Shit All My Friend gives me chills!! Great recording and great quality! Can't wait for others song!!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby gibbits » 4/27/2012, 9:31 am

Trustworthy wrote:lol...you forgot to mention the private jets, hotel suites, personal assistants, doctors and a full support staff all while they are on a tour that took 2 years to plan, was routed to perfection with proper rest time and other specifics scheduled into it, etc ,etc.

Well played sir, Lets use Phish then - those bums can't possibly be as well off as OLP ;) (Disclosure: they don't write nearly as good music either, but nonetheless) Seriously though, these shows have been awesome, I just want to see OLP for a 2 hour show at least, much like almost everyone else I've seen withholding bands younger than 10 years. Still love the guys, I just know they're capable of this. Maybe the recreation tours spoiled me, I thought sets like that were the new normal.

Trustworthy wrote:I get it though, some of you would love to see longer shows, who wouldn't? - Is it possible? sure, would you of been able to see a 2+ hour show on this tour? Nope, not a chance...it quite literally would of been impossible to do in most cases.

As mentioned this was a quick little tour just to get out and play and hit some of the places that have been off the radar for a while - the goal of it was accomplished, the fans loved it, the tour went well and now its on to some summer festivals and planning the next one :duncan:

Hey, for the record they are KILLING it - i just know how much more they are capable of (we have seen it!)- at the end of the day I don't think anyone here would complain at a 20+ song set, just saying, the more songs you play generally the more that are in rotation. If festivals are next that means we have to wait until at least September for a 2 hour OLP fix... bummer!
gibbits

Postby faninor » 4/27/2012, 9:45 am

gibbits wrote:
Trustworthy wrote:lol...you forgot to mention the private jets, hotel suites, personal assistants, doctors and a full support staff all while they are on a tour that took 2 years to plan, was routed to perfection with proper rest time and other specifics scheduled into it, etc ,etc.

Well played sir, Lets use Phish then - those bums can't possibly be as well off as OLP ;) (Disclosure: they don't write nearly as good music either, but nonetheless) Seriously though, these shows have been awesome, I just want to see OLP for a 2 hour show at least, much like almost everyone else I've seen withholding bands younger than 10 years. Still love the guys, I just know they're capable of this. Maybe the recreation tours spoiled me, I thought sets like that were the new normal.

I've never seen them, but isn't Phish a jamband, and don't most jambands just park in one place on stage and play for hours without breaking a sweat? :P

I don't think you're correct to say that practically every band that has more than a few albums plays for at least 2 hours. There are of course exceptions, but I would estimate that the vast majority of rock bands play anywhere between 75 and 100 minutes.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby senseofurgency » 4/27/2012, 10:32 am

i personally think 90 minutes is the perfect amount of time for a gig. i'm not a fan of sets reaching 2 hours, i don't know if its just me and my short attention span but that seems... excessive?
senseofurgency

PreviousNext