ClumsyMonkey.net

OurLadyPeace.com

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby DG » 11/26/2011, 10:21 pm

I even link my concert footage. Props always.

Most of that stuff is from a private sharing network too, isn't it? It's kinda annoying that all of it up. I mean, its good for fans, but it defeats the purpose.

Burn Burn in its entirety was up on YouTube the day after it released. Sure, you can find the music online, but to have it up on a extremely public network annoys me when I bought the damn record. I understand if its been awhile since it was released, then go for it, but not within such a small amount of time.

Hey TDubbs, tell the Twitter-geeks to stop linking to olp.com and post the actual site. I thought that should have been a given. Seriously, I'll do there job for half the pay. ;)
DG

Postby DG » 11/27/2011, 12:14 am

When I go on .com on my phone, I see text on there that says something along the lines of "???me is at ?:00pm"

? = unable to make out letter

EDIT: Nevermind. I notice there's a bit of transparent text, guess it's just part of the art.
DG

Postby OLPManiac » 11/27/2011, 8:25 am

Trusthy...the OurLadyPeaceVEVO channel it's a shame...all the video are blocked in my country(Italy) and on the comments of the channel also in other countries i don't think that the band want to stay in Canada and US limits!...can you(or the band) remove this bad limitation?
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 10:13 am

dg - wat do yu mean dont link the .com but link the site? the site is .com no? im confused hehe

fyi - the vevo channel is all sony..... 'all you did' and 'the end' on the olp youtube is blocked in some countries i hear too because of WMG...i dunno how that all works
Trustworthy
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 11/27/2011, 11:49 am

Oh i'm sorry...i was thinking that because on the video list there are TEIWWB, Dreamland and AYD then i thought that the channel was of the band...but Trusty one question...who have the rights of old songs? I guess that they are between band and Sony right? But if someone want to see the old official videos what he need to do? It's not my problem( :D ) but from the fact that also the band have the rights of old videos, can you(or the band XD) open another youtube channel or create a section in OLP.com or net for old official videos?? Thanks in advance for answer!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby faninor » 11/27/2011, 1:52 pm

Trustworthy wrote:dg - wat do yu mean dont link the .com but link the site? the site is .com no? im confused hehe

fyi - the vevo channel is all sony..... 'all you did' and 'the end' on the olp youtube is blocked in some countries i hear too because of WMG...i dunno how that all works

I think he means this:

OurLadyPeace wrote:Switch it up this Friday night, check olp.com right now! #NewTune Do it.

I don't see anything at http://www.olp.com/! ;)
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/27/2011, 1:55 pm

I'm not sure what Dylan is talking about but I do see something weird that the OLP twitter account does. Instead of it doing an actual retweet or using the linkable names like @MrRaineMaida or @taggart7 it's just using the name and then at the end it's posting a link that takes you to the status update on the band members actual profile.

I can't click to Raine's timeline via his name... but if I click the link at the end it takes me to the page with just the update that the olp page is resharing..... what's the point of that?! I'm guessing it has something to do with the service being used to automatically reshare what they say without having someone manually retweet everything but it's annoying. First world problems....

Example:

MrRaineMaida: TEBOW day. The underdog is at again in a cpl hours. so drawn to the drama. feel kinda dirty! http://dlvr.it/xwyDq
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby DG » 11/27/2011, 2:45 pm

faninor wrote:
Trustworthy wrote:dg - wat do yu mean dont link the .com but link the site? the site is .com no? im confused hehe

I think he means this:

OurLadyPeace wrote:Switch it up this Friday night, check olp.com right now! #NewTune Do it.

I don't see anything at http://www.olp.com/! ;)

This.
DG

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 2:46 pm

ah i see - yeah raine does that too "olp.com" - point taken and will send aorund thanks

im gonna send the admin @ olp.com a message and see what that domain is for, spitting a 403 error now hopefully they dont need it :)
Trustworthy

Postby DG » 11/27/2011, 3:46 pm

Olp.com would be a nice addition, especially considering how often there referee to as such.
DG

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 4:12 pm

slacktoo oh slacktoo
Trustworthy

Postby DG » 11/27/2011, 4:21 pm

What now?
DG

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 4:24 pm

nothing just sending out some signals over the internets.

just saw that if you google "our lady peace heavyweigiht" it shows that video like 2nd...deff cutting into olp.com stats :(
Trustworthy

Postby Heavy Alibi » 11/27/2011, 4:32 pm

Haha sorry Trusty, that's my video... but I'll delete it if you promise to release the full single soooon :) lol... or maybe at least give us a timeframe?? and notice all the comments for it, people are REALLY digging it

But in seriousness, if you want me to to delete it I will, I mean no disrespect to you or the band, just sharing it with the fans... it's the band's copyrighted stuff and it might be cutting into OLP.com hits so I understand
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Codes » 11/27/2011, 5:57 pm

Thats a fair trade off, delete the vid for the full song 8-)
Codes

Postby DG » 11/27/2011, 6:43 pm

I think the main issue is linking to any official OLP site, so when people find the videos, they don't stop there but continue to check official revenues.
DG

Postby Heavy Alibi » 11/27/2011, 6:49 pm

Youtube doesn't allow external linking in the on-video annotations, but I'll put one in the description and put a banner on the video saying to go to OLP.com

Heavy Alibi

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 7:58 pm

Yeah man I mean its cool you doing a lot of traffic to "your" stuff - but you gotta start linking back - putting a link maybe adding "check out olp.com" at end of vids.."visit the official olp site" , etc etc..

i know we are going to start cracking down on this stuff with this new release... not to be assholes, but to make sure the official olp channels see the traffic for our EXCLUSIVE content. It helps us understand who is viewing what and who is digging what type of stuff etc - that info really helps us when creating the content. We want to know how many views things get, who likes what song, who likes what post, clip, videos, delivery method etc etc.... All of that helps us create content that we know fans will like.

So for example losing out on a 1000 spins of this new clip can really affect the statistical data related to this type of content....data that is imperative when it comes to creating content that fans can enjoy.

oh and fi you brand this content with official olp properties we can then post it on facebook, twitter etc and get you more exposure as well. I can only do so much on myend so the more content we can post the better, andifthat content is created by fans even better - but if there is no credit to where it came or link backs to official olp properties there really is no sense in posting it you know what i mean?
Trustworthy

Postby Trustworthy » 11/27/2011, 8:06 pm

annd thanks for understanding and dont take it the wrong way, it is all good and and there has been no talk or mention about removing stuff or flagging content etc....but this record things are gonna be different...the first place to have all the songs up is gonna be olp.com this time aorund. ;) ok? hehe

We just might do it in a bit of a different way though ;) hint hint.

but yeah things like that are gonna be treated differently this run - oh and I also have to say THANK YOU!! x 100 - you can tell by your numbers that you have deff spread the olp love, and that is great...and i know that is not coming from anything but the best of places with the nest intentions on your part to let the world know about olp - but we need to start working together, that will just be beneficial to both of us down the road ;)
Trustworthy

Postby Heavy Alibi » 11/27/2011, 9:07 pm

Yeah definitely, I completely understand where you're coming from and I'll add be sure to add links to OLP.com and OLP's Youtube channel in all my videos. I'll also make sure to check here with you before I ever add any OLP-related vids in the future, definitely don't wanna do anything you or the band wouldn't be cool with! :heythere:

Heavy Alibi

PreviousNext