ClumsyMonkey.net

OurLadyPeace.com

This is for you, this is for us...

OurLadyPeace.com

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 11:54 am

I think .com needs it's own thread. DotNet is is going to be pretty dead for the next while until we figure out something to do with it...bunch of great ideas floating around but .com is the new place to be for all things OLP!

So with that being said, any problems with .com? anything you want to see up there that isn't already? comments? suggestions? hate? heh
Trustworthy
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 11/26/2011, 12:49 pm

The layout is fucking amazing...oh and i visit the site from my Nokia N97 and it's really good only the player it's a little bit out of position!...also the clips starts with default browser(not with Opera Mobile because doesn't support Flash)...for the rest all it's good thanks!!!
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Flynner » 11/26/2011, 12:55 pm

Great job on the site Trusty I love it! only thingits missing is a release date on the single
Flynner

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 1:12 pm

ha! soon man soon! and yeah this thing wasn't made to be all mobile friendly, I mean it works pretty good on most devices - but no flash will deff cause some probs (ipad/iphone)

looks pretty awesome on android though.but there other other properties like Fb and twitter better suited to the whole mobile experience.
Trustworthy

Postby Waiting to Exist » 11/26/2011, 2:03 pm

I think other people have probably heard the clip on there, Smoke Signals, but omg I love it and this is the first time I've heard it. I'm so excited for this album.

Nice site, too! TW you're like a harbinger of good things to come.
I just wanna get out,
Stuck inside of this.
Waiting for something else,
:wte:
Waiting to Exist

Postby FireGX » 11/26/2011, 2:45 pm

what do you mean by smoke signals?
FireGX

Postby faninor » 11/26/2011, 3:17 pm

Site looks nice, sample sounds very promising.

Off topic question for Trusty -- is there any way to get the OurLadyPeace twitter account to use "official" retweets? I keep seeing double.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 3:37 pm

what do you mean?

the way the it is set up is that anything the guys tweet gets pushed through the olp account - along with anything posted to youtube as well - it's for people that dont follow the guys per say but maybe just follow the band.

i feel ya on the double posting though , especially with good old Twitter Taggart hammering them out every 2 mins, but hey 1st world problems right? :)
Trustworthy

Postby RileyLewis » 11/26/2011, 3:46 pm

Site looks good.
RileyLewis

Postby Waiting to Exist » 11/26/2011, 5:41 pm

FireGX wrote:what do you mean by smoke signals?

Oh, I thought I remembered that being the name of a song. Poihaps I'm thinking of something else.
I just wanna get out,
Stuck inside of this.
Waiting for something else,
:wte:
Waiting to Exist

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/26/2011, 6:04 pm

faninor wrote:Site looks nice, sample sounds very promising.

Off topic question for Trusty -- is there any way to get the OurLadyPeace twitter account to use "official" retweets? I keep seeing double.

I thought there was a video titled that or something. It sounds familiar
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby OLPManiac » 11/26/2011, 6:44 pm

Maybe the clip is this http://youtu.be/7Vc3rRO3XYo ? I remember that the guys tweet "Who is playing the cello part" or something like this ....we know from Raine that in "Heavyweight" there is a cello part...
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 7:08 pm

it's a violin ;)

Can someone PLEASE tell "slacktoo" to start putting links/credits to .com on these clips he posts? I dont wanna have to call the internet police and have em flagged :)
Trustworthy

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 7:16 pm

whoa! we really need to get this all sorted before this new record starts ramping up - 300K+ views of stuff just ripped from olp vids, streams, and records?

I appreciate getting the word out & spreading the OLP love - and know all to well the time and effort that goes into ripping/rendering the stuff and posting it up etc - but come on dude you gotta start directing traffic back to OLP if you don't wanna get your stuff flagged.

I just noticed the entire burn burn record is just sitting up there with over 100K views...lol - Link backs / tags / urls in vids - this is the stuff that is needed if you are gonna keep doing this :)
Last edited by Trustworthy on 11/26/2011, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trustworthy

Postby faninor » 11/26/2011, 7:17 pm

Trustworthy wrote:what do you mean?

the way the it is set up is that anything the guys tweet gets pushed through the olp account - along with anything posted to youtube as well - it's for people that dont follow the guys per say but maybe just follow the band.

i feel ya on the double posting though , especially with good old Twitter Taggart hammering them out every 2 mins, but hey 1st world problems right? :)

I'm not too familiar with the twitter API, but it seems that the OLP account is set up using the "POST statuses/update" -- if it's modified to use "POST statuses/retweet/:id" then it will just add "Retweeted by OurLadyPeace" below each of the band members' tweets and everyone will see one copy of each tweet with the original poster's avatar and name, regardless of if they're following the individual band members too or only following the band (as seen in the attached screencap).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 7:21 pm

as for twitter i dont handle that account - but will pass the message along to those who do

thanks!
Trustworthy

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/26/2011, 7:47 pm

Trustworthy wrote:whoa! we really need to get this all sorted before this new record starts ramping up - 300K+ views of stuff just ripped from olp vids, streams, and records?

I appreciate getting the word out & spreading the OLP love - and know all to well the time and effort that goes into ripping/rendering the stuff and posting it up etc - but come on dude you gotta start directing traffic back to OLP if you don't wanna get your stuff flagged.

I just noticed the entire burn burn record is just sitting up there with over 100K views...lol - Link backs / tags / urls in vids - this is the stuff that is needed if you are gonna keep doing this :)

It was done to the warnings demo too by the same person.... Is it a CM'r? I don't recognize them if it is. You should send a message to whoever it is via YouTube
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 8:12 pm

they gotta be on cm no?
Trustworthy

Postby m2 » 11/26/2011, 8:13 pm

I believe Slacktoo is StrongAlibi if i remember correctly...
m2

Postby Trustworthy » 11/26/2011, 8:31 pm

yeah I think that is right actually.

Not that it's that big of a big deal - but you gotta give props where props are due - so linking back to .com / fb / official OLP youtube etc would be a stand up move when it comes to this stuff.

Who knows maybe if some links etc were added to this stuff it would get posted up on the olp fb wall/twitter etc ;)

Anyway, I shall be keeping an eye on that slcaktoo channel from now on - dun da dun dun :) heh
Trustworthy

Next