ClumsyMonkey.net

Live Chat Questions- Let's get them organized

This is for you, this is for us...

Live Chat Questions- Let's get them organized

Postby MindsOnLoan » 5/12/2011, 8:21 pm

Figured I'd make this thread so that we can discuss what specific questions we want the band asked, so that we can get the best info possible! I'll start us off:

-I realize that Sony probably holds the masters to previously unreleased tracks. At some point down the line, what is he likelihood of you guys working out a deal to get these songs out to the fans?

-Raine stated in an interview that 14 tracks were recorded and completed for Burn Burn, one of which we know is titled What Kind of Life. Raine stated that these songs would get to the fans at some point. Any chance you could up these for download, whether for free or for charge?

-In what ways did the Clumsy/SM tour reignite the creative juices for each member of the band?

-What music is inspiring the band these days?
MindsOnLoan

Postby Flynner » 5/12/2011, 8:34 pm

I would also like to second the questions that MOL asked, -the "how did the SM/Clumsy tour reignite the creative juices for the band".

-Also I want to know if Raine plans to do some crazy old school vocals on this record, like he used to ( I know this horse has been beaten to death but I really do miss it and am wondering because they have had some clips from these record sessions with Raine doing some pretty cool stuff)

-Is there ever going to be any kind of release to dvd of the SM/Clumsy tour, maybe as a deluxe package with the new album?
Flynner

Postby Heavy Alibi » 5/12/2011, 8:56 pm

Good idea for a thread. Aside from the ones already mentioned, here are some Qs from me:

- Raine has been saying "RIP Modern Rock" in tweets relating to the writing process of the 8th album. Can he or the band elaborate on what this is meant to signify?

- If you had to compare the theme so far of Album 8 to any of your previous albums, which do you think it most resembles sonically, artistically and theme-wise?

- In Burn Burn, the singles that were chosen to send to radio stations were the arguably most mainstream songs from the album. For Album 8, what are the chances that OLP will be releasing one of the more unique songs as a single? I think it would reinvigorate wide interest in OLP
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby DG » 5/12/2011, 10:38 pm

T said that all the questions would be asked through the chat, so you'll have to ask them there.
DG

Postby Heavy Alibi » 5/12/2011, 10:43 pm

Right, but we can just hop to this thread and copy/paste these ones instead of stumbling to remember them live.

Heavy Alibi

Postby DG » 5/12/2011, 11:03 pm

True and good point.
DG

Postby MindsOnLoan » 5/13/2011, 6:51 am

Plus on other sites I post on, we've had these type of threads so that we can continue to ask a question so that it is more likely to be seen.. And while with some artists I've seen thousands and thousands of people watching and posting, making it harder for your question to be seen, I doubt it gets that big.. But still, we're going have a bunch of nonCMers asking questions we already have the answer to. Gotta get ours read lol.
MindsOnLoan

Postby OLPManiac » 5/13/2011, 7:32 am

Cause the time zone, maybe i can't ask at OLP, can someone ask this question for me?

"The Clumsy/Spiritual Machines Live DVD or CD will be released with an eventually deluxe version of the album?"
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Heavy Alibi » 5/13/2011, 9:29 am

So I assume this is going to be on USTREAM right...? Maybe we should all make accounts there with the same username we have on the CM so Trusty will know which ones we are in the crowd of people asking questions, which will hopefully get our questions answered easier.

Heavy Alibi

Postby FireGX » 5/13/2011, 11:17 am

That sounds good!

Let's get that clumsy/spiritual dvd thing asked for sure!

This was mine from last time:

"Do each of you have a favourite OLP album or OLP song, and why?"
FireGX

Postby DG » 5/13/2011, 2:21 pm

We should put (CM) at the end of our names.
DG

Postby Flynner » 5/13/2011, 2:24 pm

I already have a account there and im not sure if i can change my name
Flynner

Postby Heavy Alibi » 5/13/2011, 3:03 pm

Flynn:

I don't think you can change it, but you can make a new account

Heavy Alibi

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/13/2011, 4:38 pm

Flynn wrote:I already have a account there and im not sure if i can change my name

Yeah, I'm not sure if you can do that either but trusty knows who I am so I think I'm OK

This is good though. I know I have trouble thinking of questions on the spot or tend to forget the things I really want to ask. This will be helpful.

Good Idea Minds on Loan - sorry, I don't know your real name :D
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Carson79 » 5/13/2011, 6:14 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Good Idea Minds on Loan - sorry, I don't know your real name :D

Zach?
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby RileyLewis » 5/13/2011, 6:48 pm

My question:

When, if ever, will we see a CD/internet release of b-sides?
RileyLewis

Postby Codes » 5/14/2011, 2:48 pm

Will the band ever set up another festival like Summersault?
Codes

Postby Tattooed Angels » 5/15/2011, 2:06 pm

I am curious on songwriting. WHich comes easier?. Lyrics to the music or music to the lyrics. Does Raine have any tricks/advice he give on helping getitng ideas in one's head out on paper..What works for him. Thanks.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Trustworthy » 5/18/2011, 5:39 pm

summer festivals?

songwriting process?

bsides?

oh come on now lets step it up!!! i can answer those ones myself for ya!
Trustworthy

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/18/2011, 6:27 pm

Trustworthy wrote:summer festivals?

songwriting process?

bsides?

oh come on now lets step it up!!! i can answer those ones myself for ya!

I've got one! I think I asked part of this the last time but since I didn't get an answer:

I know that some of the band members like Raine and Duncan went to University to study subjects other than music. I'm curious what lead them into those other fields of study. Also, how/when they knew that making music was what they really wanted to. What inspired them to start playing an instrument and/or singing in the first place?
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Next