ClumsyMonkey.net

Do Raine and Chantal celebrate two Thanksgivings?

This is for you, this is for us...

Do Raine and Chantal celebrate two Thanksgivings?

Postby Heavy Alibi » 11/24/2010, 10:58 am

I wanted to wish Raine a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow on his Facebook, but I don't know if he celebrates it? That would be cool if he celebrated two Thanksgivings. Are his kids American citizens?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Dr. Hobo » 11/24/2010, 4:09 pm

thats some hot breaking news right thurr
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby myownsatellite » 11/24/2010, 8:09 pm

Uh, Raine and Chantal are both Canadian. Why would his kids be US citizens?
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 11/24/2010, 8:53 pm

If the kids were born in the US, they would be US citizens by default. But I would assume they were all born in Canada. I would also assume they only celebrate one Thanksgiving, but who knows... isn't it basically tradition to celebrate 2+ Thanksgivings for people in the US. All on the same day -- nom nom nom.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Dr. Hobo » 11/25/2010, 12:27 am

they could be duel citizens in this case, born in the US to Canadian parents.
as long as you are under 35 when you get your american citizenship as a canadian you can keep both :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby DG » 11/25/2010, 2:05 am

I've always been curious, but does Raine have American Citizenship? I highly doubt it, but I've wondered since he lives here. You'd think it would be easier than getting a green card... ha.
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/25/2010, 9:17 am

Dr. Hobo wrote:they could be duel citizens in this case, born in the US to Canadian parents.
as long as you are under 35 when you get your american citizenship as a canadian you can keep both :nod:

Wow really? I didn't know that. That's probably the case then.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 11/25/2010, 9:30 am

I figured the kids were born in Canada since that's where Raine and Chantal are from.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/25/2010, 9:38 am

myownsatellite wrote:I figured the kids were born in Canada since that's where Raine and Chantal are from.

They do have a home somewhere in Toronto so there's a good possibility they were. I wonder if the baby blog Chantal did when she was pregnant with Sal mentions it? I'm too lazy to look for it right now though... lol
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Tattooed Angels » 11/25/2010, 12:15 pm

DG wrote:I've always been curious, but does Raine have American Citizenship? I highly doubt it, but I've wondered since he lives here. You'd think it would be easier than getting a green card... ha.

NO he is 100% Canadian. I asked him last year if he and Chantal considered apply for US Citizenship. He said they had not really spoke about it..

I think the reason they seem to live in both places is cause it is expensive to live in USA unless someone sponsors you. My friend is Canadian and lives in NYC.. SHe has to go back home every few months to make money and because of the laws. I think 2 of the kids were born here. Not 100% sure on that one. I do remember reading once that they might move out of LA area when kids were junior to high school age. They moved to LA for careers. .

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006