NOTICE
May 4th show
THE MAY 4TH SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED
ALL TICKET HOLDERS, PLEASE
CALL THE CONEXUS ARTS CENTRE BOX OFFICE
TO EXCHANGE YOUR TICKETS
306-525-9999
OR TOLL FREE 1-800-667-8497

Those of you fellow Reginans may wish to know.

Now I just want to know why.
laurel
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby RileyLewis » 4/14/2010, 6:25 pm

Because sales were ridiculously low.

Even though Trusty promised us that they wouldn't cancel.
RileyLewis

Postby Johnny » 4/14/2010, 6:40 pm

Wow. Laurel. For what its worth, Im sorry.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Lando » 4/14/2010, 6:55 pm

Hey Trustworthy? I love when my girlfriend is a wreck and in tears because she really wanted to see the Spiritual Machines show. She even requested/suggested that they change to a smaller venue because it seemed like ticket sales weren't that strong, but you assured us that it WOULD NOT be cancelled and that it would just be a much more intimate show for the fans... Well apparently we can't trust things you say and not only that, but according to the venue, people who purchased tickets for the Spiritual Machines show can only exchange them for tickets for the Clumsy set night! Awesome, considering the big fans already have tickets for both nights... Like we need extra tickets to the Clumsy show. Truth be told, we should be getting our Clumsy night for free after this guarantee, not have double the amount of tickets we wanted for the Clumsy night!

Whether it was in your hands or not to make that guarantee that the show would not be cancelled, I'm not going to forgive you for really hurting Laurel like this. Having my girlfriend break down because she's been looking forward to seeing this SM show and the band she really loves that's pretty much responsible for us getting together... that's overstepping some boundaries for me, both OLP and Trustworthy.

I'd love to travel to another location that hasn't been cancelled, so that Laurel would get to see the SM show, but why should we have to deal with all that for a band and representative who don't give a shit about their fans and will do this to people?

Thanks a lot OLP.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby faninor » 4/14/2010, 7:49 pm

This is totally lame!

I'm assuming you will have the option to get a refund instead of exchanging tickets.

In the cities they're doing this, the band ought to play both albums in one night, then just a short set with the hits:

Is Anybody Home?
Innocent
Naveed
Angels/Losing/Sleep
Somewhere Out There
Paper Moon
All You Did Was Save My Life
Starseed
-encore-
Thief (ha!)
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby DG » 4/15/2010, 2:08 am

I applaud Lando.
DG

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2010, 6:25 am

I'm trying to see if I can get a legitimate answer for you guys. I would definitely agree you should be able to get a refund on your tickets. As soon as I know something I'll post.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby laurel » 4/15/2010, 6:59 am

Thanks, Matt. I definitely appreciate it. We seem to be sorely without answers at this point...
laurel

Postby MattCTUSA » 4/15/2010, 9:18 am

faninor wrote:This is totally lame!

I'm assuming you will have the option to get a refund instead of exchanging tickets.

In the cities they're doing this, the band ought to play both albums in one night, then just a short set with the hits:

Is Anybody Home?
Innocent
Naveed
Angels/Losing/Sleep
Somewhere Out There
Paper Moon
All You Did Was Save My Life
Starseed
-encore-
Thief (ha!)

Hey Josh...just a heads up...SM night in Victoria still has a ton of tickets left..
MattCTUSA

Postby Trustworthy » 4/15/2010, 9:26 am

WTF?!?!?!? Lando are you honestly getting mad at me and blaming me For a canceled show? Lets get real here for a minute man. I am not the promoter, and i am not the venue - these things are out of my hands - I never promised anything to anyone - and to put this on me is simply ridiculous and to be honest kinda disturbing,

look you can blame whoever you want and kick and scream and curse me, olp, god, bozo the clown and whoever else you want to blame but the fact remains, nothing is ever guaranteed in life....including concerts.

Now for those interested in a reason for the cancellation - well i haven't ever heard about this and to be honest this date is still on my calendar, so let me see what is up and what the details are.
Trustworthy

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 10:42 am

The thing is though, you did promise us.

Here is a conversation from a month ago, after us Regina people were worried about the SM show:

Riley:

What happens if only 200 tickets are sold? Is the show cancelled? Or will they move to a smaller venue, perhaps?

Trustworthy:

nope - you get to see the bestest most intimate olp show ever!!!

So maybe you don't have any control or authority over what happens with canceled shows. But you shouldn't act like you do and make promises you have no control over.

It stings that we don't get to see these songs that will most likely never get performed again. And it is under OLP's control. Why would the Conexus cancel a show if ticket sales are low? They get paid by OLP the same no matter how many seats sell.

So if OLP wants to cancel a show because sales are too low, then fine, that's business. But don't make it sound like they are somehow doing everything they can for the fans, and then make promises to us saying the same, and then have the show canceled anyway.

We want to see OLP because we love the music. We wanted most of all to see SM performed, that's why we voted it #1. And now we don't get to. So don't bitch to us that we're whining. We were promised something, and then it wasn't delivered.

The guys may not like it, but it's the truth.

If they really want to perform SM so much for the fans, then why not move to a smaller venue for 200-300 people?
Last edited by RileyLewis on 4/15/2010, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2010, 10:46 am

I don't see how that is a promise.
xjsb125

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 10:47 am

A promise, or assurance, or whatever you want to call it. I asked if it would be canceled, and he answered no, from a position of knowledge.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2010, 10:51 am

Do you have control over the future?
xjsb125

Postby MattCTUSA » 4/15/2010, 11:16 am

I am sorry to those that are affected by this possible cancellation. I really feel your pain. It sucks big time.

But, to hold TW accountable is a little unfair in my opinion. I think the guy has done alot for the community of fans on this board. I'd hate to see us lose that connection with the Band/Management. I think he has gone out of his way to take care of us and to see that the band hears us. Please just rethink some of your anger and disappointment.

Thanks.
MattCTUSA

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 11:35 am

I don't blame TW for the cancelation, and of course I don't expect him to know the future. But I do expect him not to act like he does. If he doesn't know what is going to happen if there are low ticket sales, then he shouldn't give answers indicating otherwise.

I was most excited for this tour for the SM show, as I think most hardcore OLP fans were. And now there are no shows in the province that have it. Instead I get to hear Superman's Dead again. Yeah, I love Clumsy. But SM was voted # 1 for a reason.

It makes me angry that we learned of this from the venue site. I haven't even got an email yet saying it's been canceled, and I still hear it being advertised on the radio. It sucks that we still have no answers from the band, and instead have a band rep telling us that we're complaining too much.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2010, 11:44 am

Currently I know that as of this morning their management company was unaware and are still trying to get the details.
xjsb125

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 11:50 am

Thanks for looking into it.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2010, 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I got the scheduling conflicts reply. I wish I had a better answer for you all. According to .net you will be able to get a refund for your tickets.
xjsb125

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 12:10 pm

Scheduling conflicts? Seriously? Conexus has nothing else going on, and neither do the guys.

This is just them not selling as many tickets as they wanted, and canceling the show.

If they really want to play SM for the fans so much, book a club. They are in Regina that day anyway, and don't have to hit Saskatoon until 2 days later. Book a club, book Darke Hall, book somewhere.

This is a huge letdown, especially to get an automated answer like this.
RileyLewis

Next