ClumsyMonkey.net

Regina May 4th Spiritual Machines Show Cancelled

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby Locobone » 4/15/2010, 12:26 pm

This really does suck and I feel for those who were planning on going. I hope you get a few extras on the Clumsy night to try and make up for the mess. But holding the band (or Trusty) responsible for what was either a management or venue decision isn't very fair.

And I'd think they'd have to offer money refunds. Just offering tickets to Clumsy night doesn't make sense.
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 12:35 pm

As I said, I'd rather they have a smaller show at a club or theatre, Regina has plenty. There's really no reason not to.

And I can't blame the band or TW for the cancelation. Probably it's OLP's management. The band probably doesn't even know. I do wish Trusty wouldn't speak with so much authority though, when he has none.

There's nothing really that can make up for not hearing SM. That was the whole point of this tour, according to the band. So now I will never get to hear Wonderful Future. Wonderful.
RileyLewis

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/15/2010, 12:44 pm

Wow this sucks for you guys. Not to jump to any conclusion prematurely, but when the last show was canceled, OLP's Facebook page status said the same "scheduling conflicts" excuse, so I'm sure that the band must know about the fact that their management is calling this a "scheduling conflict" when it doesn't actually appear to be one.

I don't know Laurel or Lando very well, but judging on how long they've been here on the CM, I can say that they must be loyal, longtime fans. I feel really bad for them and whoever else this is affecting, and I really think OLP should either play at a club somewhere, or play the entire SM set for the second set on Clumsy night. Hearing SM in full is a once in a lifetime thing... people in Regina can hear the regular old set the next time OLP is in town.
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby RileyLewis » 4/15/2010, 12:56 pm

I would be fine with having SM played in full along with Clumsy, as well. They are only doing one show in Saskatoon as well, and it's Clumsy too, so no chance there.
RileyLewis

Postby faninor » 4/15/2010, 1:03 pm

Laurel's obviously pretty gutted about the show being canceled and the last thing she needs right now is someone that works for the band to write a post that shows neither patience nor understanding.

Sure, the whole thing is not Trustworthy's fault, and we're all glad to have him around instead of the faceless mess that was running ourladypeace.net before you. But he did tell them something that turned out to be untrue in a very specific conversation and hopefully he feels some remorse for that.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Carson79 » 4/15/2010, 1:12 pm

Not that it really matters what I think - but maybe Regina should be Clumsy and Saskatoon should be SM (or vise versa)? Since they are only 2 hours apart fans would likely travel for the two different shows.
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Trustworthy » 4/15/2010, 1:42 pm

Ok, not to come off like an ass , but it would seem as though some of you do not understand how this industry works - things happen - there are thousands of variables that go along with each and every show each and every day on a tour - if some of them don't align properly then things like this will happen.

I already stated that this cancellation sucks - it sucks for you, it sucks for olp it sucks for me and it sucks for everyone - but as i stated before things happen.

RIELY, LAUREL, LANDO - I WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL - COME TO THE CLUMSY NIGHT AND I WILL LET YOU KICK ME IN THE NUTS - DEAL?

p.s - i know for a fact that in this situation (similar to thunder bay) that the band is going to make every effort possible to make up for this - i know raine has already tweeted about SM adds to the clumsy night, and I am sure a little extra effort is going to go into making you all happy and try to give you the best damn OLP show you have ever seen.

Look this is the band you love right? You know they love you guys back - you are the most important thing to them and have always been - I see this every night on tour - and i see it all the time off the road too - the guys are very invested in your thoughts and feelings etc - i just hope you realize that because it would be a shame for anyones opinion of OLP to change because of a couple canceled shows on a cross country double night tour.

love,
TW
Trustworthy

Postby Trustworthy » 4/15/2010, 1:55 pm

oh ya my point of that post was to apologize for any confusion i may have caused - i am sorry for that and trust me i know your pain, dont forget - olp is my fav band too and i remember having a show i was going to back in the day canceled on me and it sucked - but OLP always made up for it - and i am sure they will do so again.

anyways, in regards to what i said, that was a long time ago and as i stated we have done shows with not a lot of ticks sold, and they ended up being very special - nothing is ever guaranteed and I was simply going off the stats quo for this type of situation back then. Obviously in some places things work differently.

Just another note - everyone around here knows my role in OLP land - i dont sell ticks, or promote shows or mange tours or any of this stuff - i do creative stuff, some minor tour stuff and hang on here you with you crazy monkey people and relay your thoughts and feelings back to the guys - oh and tease ya and fuck with ya a bit too - so knowing that and knowing my reputation its kinda odd that so much weight was given to a comment i made on here.

Basically im saying take what i say with a grain of salt you know? and if anyone has any concerns about other shows, dont ask me or management or the band etc - we only know so much when it comes to this there are other players involved in this game too - honestly it would be best to speak to the venue and ask what their polices are BEFORE you buy your tickets etc - they all work differently and just to be safe it might be a wise thing to do if you are worried ;)
Trustworthy

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/15/2010, 2:21 pm

Trustworthy wrote:

Look this is the band you love right? You know they love you guys back - you are the most important thing to them and have always been - I see this every night on tour - and i see it all the time off the road too - the guys are very invested in your thoughts and feelings etc - i just hope you realize that because it would be a shame for anyones opinion of OLP to change because of a couple canceled shows on a cross country double night tour.

love,
TW

I can vouch for this comment.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Carson79 » 4/15/2010, 2:28 pm

Trustworthy wrote:
RIELY, LAUREL, LANDO - I WILL MAKE YOU A DEAL - COME TO THE CLUMSY NIGHT AND I WILL LET YOU KICK ME IN THE NUTS - DEAL?

That's what I call taking one for the team!
Carson79

Postby Trustworthy » 4/15/2010, 2:43 pm

ya I guess... its in my contract :(

btw, if it would make them feel better and kill this negativity and dramah, then I would totally do it
Trustworthy

Postby Carson79 » 4/15/2010, 2:47 pm

I'd fire your lawyer (or maybe get one!) Maybe ask for a bonus structure to be put in place for every kick to the nads you endure.
Last edited by Carson79 on 4/15/2010, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carson79

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/15/2010, 2:47 pm

Trustworthy wrote:ya I guess... its in my contract :(

Really? I thought only band members were allowed to physically abuse you. If only I had this knowledge sooner. :lol:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Carson79 » 4/15/2010, 2:49 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:

Really? I thought only band members were allowed to physically abuse you. If only I had this knowledge sooner. :lol:

Remember...use your powers for good!
Carson79

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/15/2010, 2:55 pm

Carson79 wrote:
ClumsyGirl618 wrote:

Remember...use your powers for good!

Nah, I'd never hurt Trusty. He's my buddy... even though he likes to tease and embarrass me in front of Raine. *sigh*

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Trustworthy » 4/15/2010, 3:23 pm

if i got a bonus for nadkicks i would let everyone in the VIP kick em :)

and bree - i always make exceptions, you know, nad kicks, last minute autographs, sharpie returns etc :P
Trustworthy

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/15/2010, 3:29 pm

Trustworthy wrote:if i got a bonus for nadkicks i would let everyone in the VIP kick em :)

and bree - i always make exceptions, you know, nad kicks, last minute autographs, sharpie returns etc :P

I know and I appriciate it. :D I'm on Team Trustworthy. I don't even wanna think about what was required to ensure said Sharpie was returned. Mr. Maida is quite the sharpie thief! :nod:

ClumsyGirl618

Postby laurel » 4/15/2010, 4:49 pm

faninor wrote:Laurel's obviously pretty gutted about the show being canceled and the last thing she needs right now is someone that works for the band to write a post that shows neither patience nor understanding.

Sure, the whole thing is not Trustworthy's fault, and we're all glad to have him around instead of the faceless mess that was running ourladypeace.net before you. But he did tell them something that turned out to be untrue in a very specific conversation and hopefully he feels some remorse for that.

Thank you, Josh. I appreciate you saying that.

As I have stated, repeatedly, I am angry because I was told, numerous times, not to worry about ticket sales, that the show would go on, by someone I knew had close ties to the band and the band management. Now, I know some of you know who Trustworthy is...I, however, do not. What I have determined from his posts is that he is connected to the band, and has dealings with their going-ons. So, I trusted him when he said not to worry, that things would go on, even with the poor ticket sales. I am not blaming him for what happened, but I am unhappy that someone associated with the band would make statements that he truly, honestly, cannot actually back up. It's simple - if you cannot without a doubt assure something, do not say you can. No hurt feelings, no one misled. That is why I am upset, because I was misled completely. If I would have been told that there honestly WAS chance that things could go astray like this, or told "I understand your misgivings, but because of this fact and that fact, I don't think you should worry, but I can't say for sure", I wouldn't be angry. However, I, along with other fans, were taken another way.

And I would still like an exact answer as to why the show was cancelled, not just "scheduling conflicts". That's just a cop out.
laurel
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/15/2010, 4:55 pm

It seems to me that Trustworthy told us the impression he had at the time - that the show would not be canceled and those who did have tickets would simply get a better experience for it. I really wouldn't say he made any promises, and he couldn't have foreseen what happened. Granted the answer we have right now is pretty lame - I know it probably really sucks, but it's nor fair to blame him for this.

Mr.Worthy is one of the nicest guys I've come across on places like this - he's went above and beyond what's expected of him just for me personally several times now, no reason to go after him for stating what the situation was at the time and someone else changing those plans on him. Like he said - it's far out of his hands.
runnersdialzero

Postby laurel » 4/15/2010, 4:57 pm

Please note my post above where I stated "I am not blaming him for what happened".
laurel

PreviousNext