ClumsyMonkey.net

20 Questions with OLP!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby MyronJ906 » 4/10/2010, 2:16 pm

twiqz wrote:Will any of your songs ever be available for Rockband or Guitar Hero?

I'm also quite appreciative that the band is giving us a q and a like this. It really helps us feel involved.

I quoted the above post because that's my question as well.

or better yet

How does the band FEEL about music games such as Rock Band and Guitar Hero?
Every line I've crossed has come undone, everything I know is somehow wrong.
MyronJ906

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/10/2010, 5:04 pm

Who is your favorite member of Our Lady Peace and why?
runnersdialzero

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/10/2010, 5:28 pm

Out of your unreleased tracks, which one are you most proud of?

Just to stress these songs. :P Plus I'm actually interested to know.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Carson79 » 4/10/2010, 5:29 pm

runnersdialzero wrote:Who is your favorite member of Our Lady Peace and why?

Hahaha, oh boy. :lol:
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby xjsb125 » 4/10/2010, 7:35 pm

You've performed all over Canada, the US, and Europe, in a variety of venues. What are your top 3 venues, be it clubs, theaters, or arenas?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby faninor » 4/10/2010, 7:44 pm

Next time you guys are working on an album out in LA, you should set up a residency at a small venue like Hotel Cafe to test the new songs, shouldn't you? Like Jeff Buckley's famed residency at Barrister's Bar while working on My Sweetheart the Drunk
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby DG » 4/10/2010, 10:32 pm

I'm running out of good questions, but I might as well try.

Will you be performing at Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI this summer?
DG

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/10/2010, 10:44 pm

I've got a good one!

I realize that the band is really into self-production at the moment, but who are some producers you would like to work with at some point?
MindsOnLoan

Postby DG » 4/10/2010, 11:00 pm

Is the new album going to feature more faster-paced songs; Unlike 'Burn Burn' which is more slow paced, or ballad heavy?
DG

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/11/2010, 12:07 am

Well, in the spirit of everyone asking another question:

Would you ever consider working with Arnold Lanni as producer again?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby John Bob the Great » 4/11/2010, 4:18 am

I'm a huge dork so I'll ask this:

Have any of you ever googled yourself to see what's out there or looked at your Wikipedia pages. I hope they're accurate!
Sincerely, C.H.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde
John Bob the Great

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/11/2010, 1:19 pm

The band has stated several times that prior to Burn Burn, the band has had to compromise their records in the studio (such as having to put songs they disliked on or a song not reaching it's full potential before it's release, due to time constraints). We know you guys dislike Hello Oskar, but what are some other songs from throughout the band's history that you dislike or wish you could have finished to your liking?
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 4/11/2010, 9:28 pm

Seeming as the music scene has taken an obvious turn in the past decade or so, which current bands or artists give you a hope and reassure your faith in music?
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby adrenaline11 » 4/11/2010, 11:44 pm

What's the band stance on the internet downloading of music?

For example, Metallica sees it as theft. Dave Grohl sees it as a comliment and doesn't mind because he feels he owes too much to music to be greedy about piracy, torrents, etc.
adrenaline11

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/12/2010, 10:00 am

Ok TW.. Since you said you wanted serious questons I am going to put all I want to know in one post..

For Steve,
Previous tours you use to play with a Yamaha guitar. Notice recently you changed to Fenders & GIbsons. Is there a difference in sound and will you use the other one again. Also what advice would you give to a young guitarist starting out as best sounding guitar?

For Raine,
Can you walk us through your song writing process. Do you write lyrics to music or have the music written around lyrics. Are there any techniques or tricks use to get ideas, thoughts out on paper when you get writer's block( I write and have problems at times putting the ideas to paper.)
What was the hardest/most difficult OLP song to write and easiet song to write
Where is the strangest or most uncommon place you ever laid down a vocal track. I have heard some interesting places with other singer so curious. .

For Duncan,
Some years ago you sang lead on a few cover tunes. WOuld you ever consider singing lead or co-lead on an OLP song either on record or live? Think you have nice voice.

Thanks, Gail E
Last edited by Tattooed Angels on 4/12/2010, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Neil » 4/12/2010, 1:29 pm

To The Band: Have you guys ever felt threatened or freaked out by a crazy fan? Have you ever personally felt stalked and not in a good way?
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/12/2010, 1:58 pm

I've got another one. Forgive me if this one has already been asked.

What inspired you to become musicians? How did you know this is what you absolutely wanted to do? I'm curious because I know that Duncan and Raine have educational backgrounds in fields that aren't really music related.

Bree
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/12/2010, 7:10 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:The band has stated several times that prior to Burn Burn, the band has had to compromise their records in the studio (such as having to put songs they disliked on or a song not reaching it's full potential before it's release, due to time constraints). We know you guys dislike Hello Oskar, but what are some other songs from throughout the band's history that you dislike or wish you could have finished to your liking?

Another one along the lines of this one.

Are there any songs that have been written/recorded that you wish had been included on a record but did make it because the label disagreed?

Bree
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby DG » 4/12/2010, 7:23 pm

Do You Guys hate Minnesota? You cancelled in 2005 and you haven't been here since 2002. I would much appreciate a stop here sometime. You also get Minnesota Wild Jerseys with your names on them if you perform in the Xcel Energy Center! Thanks.
Last edited by DG on 4/12/2010, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/12/2010, 7:32 pm

DG wrote:Do You Guys hate Minnesota? You cancelled in 2005 and you haven't been here since 2002. I would much appreciate a stop here sometime. Thanks.

Aww.. you should remind them they get Minnesota Wild jerseys with their names on them if they preform at the Xcel Center. :nod:

ClumsyGirl618

PreviousNext