ClumsyMonkey.net

20 Questions with OLP!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby DG » 4/8/2010, 4:39 pm

Are they going to be coming here themselves or is Trustworthy gonna be relaying some answers?

Are you releasing another single off of Burn Burn? "The Right Stuff" would be prime, since you have a video already made. And it's catchy as hell. Think about it.
DG

Postby myownsatellite » 4/8/2010, 5:32 pm

First of all, I want to thank the guys for letting us ask questions, and for the fantastic tour they just put together. I am still blown away by how kind they were to everyone who waited outside the tour bus after the SM show in Buffalo (the only one I made it to), and I really appreciate everything they have done for us over the years.

Secondly, I didn't read through all the questions so I'm not sure if this has been asked (I have a raging migraine and my eyesight is blurry so reading the text on here is making me nuts), so my question is:

What was/were the main emotion/s you guys were feeling while you were playing Clumsy and SM? What kind of memories did this tour bring back, and for Steve, what kind of memories did it create? And how did it feel to play The Wonderful Future live? Steve, do you feel like this tour has helped you really grow into your role in OLP, or do you feel like you already achieved that, and are just more solidified in the band?

Sorry if that's too long. The main reason I ask that of Steve is because I still see people calling him a shitty player, a bad replacement for Mike, not worthy of being in OLP, etc. And I don't think that's fair (or even remotely accurate, and OLP fans who think that should be ashamed of themselves quite frankly), because I think that Steve has pretty much proved himself over and over again throughout the last few years since he joined. And I'm just wondering if he ever felt alienated from the fans, or if we have made him feel like a member of the family. Because I like to think of him as a member of the OLP family, and I hope everyone else does too :)
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/8/2010, 5:38 pm

Meagan like that guy who posted on Mike's page. What a jerk..

I can tell you from experience(other will agreee) that the band has always been good to the fans. Sure there are days when they might not be in the best of moods. Who really is 24/7.? I have yet to ever see any of them be nasty or mean to any fan. Believe it or not there are many groups who are..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/8/2010, 5:49 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:Meagan like that guy who posted on Mike's page. What a jerk..

I'd like to leave a note to the band: When the guy posted something about Steve on Mike's FaceBook, Mike spoke highly of you guys and had the following comment to the guy:

"Come on Aaron, Steve's a great player and the important thing is that the music is what remains to be enjoyed. Give the guys a break!"

I don't know if that means anything to you guys, but I thought it was a nice gesture. :)
MindsOnLoan

Postby faninor » 4/8/2010, 6:28 pm

I heard a rumor about Summersault coming back someday. Let's say it did -- would you ask Crash Karma to play?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/8/2010, 6:52 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:
Tattooed Angels wrote:Meagan like that guy who posted on Mike's page. What a jerk..

I'd like to leave a note to the band: When the guy posted something about Steve on Mike's FaceBook, Mike spoke highly of you guys and had the following comment to the guy:

"Come on Aaron, Steve's a great player and the important thing is that the music is what remains to be enjoyed. Give the guys a break!"

I don't know if that means anything to you guys, but I thought it was a nice gesture. :)

I have seen/spoken to him recently. ALways has nice things to say. At first I was afraid to even mention anything OLP related when talking to him.. He was never be afraid. You are one of their biggest fans and supporters.. He even asked one of my friends how the SM/Clumsy shows were.. Bottom line. I love OLP with Steve and with MIke. I love the stuff Mike did after OLP. That is what a true fan( in my book ) does. Supports the band and members.

:nod:

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby Trustworthy » 4/8/2010, 7:16 pm

Gail dpont make me ban ya from this thread now :P

lets keep this to questions please
Trustworthy
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby FireGX » 4/8/2010, 8:54 pm

What is/are each band member's favourite OLP song(s), and why (if there is a reason)?

Sorry if this was already asked earlier =P
FireGX

Postby Carson79 » 4/8/2010, 9:12 pm

FireGX wrote:What is/are each band member's favourite OLP song(s), and why (if there is a reason)?

Sorry if this was already asked earlier =P

And add what is each band member's favorite OLP album?
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/9/2010, 5:28 am

Trustworthy wrote:Gail dpont make me ban ya from this thread now :P

lets keep this to questions please

don't even kid about that please..

Back to questions..Along the lines of recording shows. I think someone asked but will again anyway. For years some bands have professionally recorded(Audio) shows and sold to fans for a fee afterwards. Would the band ever consider this?

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby Trustworthy » 4/9/2010, 6:24 am

I do realize the internet is serious business and all - so sorry for the banzor comment - it was in good fun

i just want to keep this thread organized - getting tough to find the questions in here now, you know considering the age of some of these guys its always in our best interest to keep the questions big and in bold so they dont have to put their reading glasses on.LOL :)

thanks for all these great questions - and your answers will be coming to you soon - in video form!
Trustworthy

Postby Carson79 » 4/9/2010, 7:30 am

Trustworthy wrote:I do realize the internet is serious business and all - so sorry for the banzor comment - it was in good fun

i just want to keep this thread organized - getting tough to find the questions in here now, you know considering the age of some of these guys its always in our best interest to keep the questions big and in bold so they dont have to put their reading glasses on.LOL :)

thanks for all these great questions - and your answers will be coming to you soon - in video form!

Nice! Video form is better than what I thought we would get. :nod:
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby DG » 4/9/2010, 8:11 am

Do any of the band members visit ClumsyMonkey.net? How frequently?
DG

Postby twiqz » 4/9/2010, 9:18 am

Its great to see the band is doing something like this, MOL's question is what I was going to ask...except he left out NOT AFRAID.

Will any of your songs ever be available for Rockband or Guitar Hero?

twiqz

Postby Fox84 » 4/9/2010, 12:29 pm

This is awesome, anyways

Roughly, how many hours a day do you guys spend rehearsing for this tour?

Thanks
Fox84

Postby Erikka » 4/9/2010, 2:35 pm

Another one.. :heythere:

If you could see any band or artist perform any song live what would it be and why ?
Erikka

Postby DG » 4/9/2010, 4:06 pm

Another.

Any plans on Busking for Change as a Band again like in 2008?
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/9/2010, 5:03 pm

DG wrote:Another.

Any plans on Busking for Change as a Band again like in 2008?

Not to insert conversation but that's a great question! I second that one!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby megxyz128 » 4/9/2010, 9:17 pm

My question is similar to Random Name's. I guess I'll turn off the blue this one time:

What new or emerging artists/musicians/bands are you guys really digging lately? Are there any young bands out there you are considering for opening slots on future tours?
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby egotist » 4/10/2010, 11:12 am

In interviews during the earlier part of your career, Raine would often get asked about the long term goals for OLP. Occasionally, Raine would reply that his goal was to write "one great song" that would outlive the band and be remembered.

Do you feel OLP has written that song? If so, which is it? If not or unsure, which song do think represents the closest you've come and why?
egotist

PreviousNext