ClumsyMonkey.net

20 Questions with OLP!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby Shanae » 4/7/2010, 6:46 pm

Gosh, you kids are greedy... all about the unreleased stuff, aren't you? Haha, I jest.

Thanks to OLP and Trusty for doing this.

If you could pick one song that could best represent your entire career so far, which would it be? For example, if a stranger asked you which song they must hear and didn't cite any of their musical interests, which song would you suggest?
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby PeaceEleven » 4/7/2010, 7:10 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:I'd like to thank the band for doing this!

Matt told us he recently asked you guys about the possibility of releasing your previously unreleased tracks, to which you responded that Sony owns the masters. As Sony appears to have no problem milking your discography with Greatest Hits albums like A Decade and Playlist: The Very Best of Our Lady Peace, I'm inclined to think they'd be willing to make a dealwith some type of multi-disc compilation. As long as you guys don't get screwed in the deal, how interested would you be in getting these unreleased songs out to the fans?

I had to ask lol. Songs like Trapeze, Sleeping In, Home, and Vampires are incredible.

this is an amazing question! !!!
PeaceEleven

Postby Carson79 » 4/7/2010, 7:35 pm

Good questions people, some surprised me and others were EXACTLY what I thought they would be (I'm looking at you MOL!) :lol:

It was hard to come up with something OLP hasn't been asked before...but I'll throw a random question in the mix.

For each of the guys, if a book was written about your life, what would the title be?
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby xjsb125 » 4/7/2010, 7:57 pm

Mine is along the lines of what Josh asked...

How does you all collectively feel about a well defined, open taping policy? With projects like www.thisoneisonus.org creating professional quality fan-made releases, wouldn't the publicity and online presence generated by that make up for the fees associated with agreements to be made with ticket companies and promoters?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/7/2010, 8:09 pm

Matt told us he recently asked you guys about the possibility of releasing your previously unreleased tracks, to which you responded that Sony owns the masters. As Sony appears to have no problem milking your discography with Greatest Hits albums like A Decade and Playlist: The Very Best of Our Lady Peace, I'm inclined to think they'd be willing to make a dealwith some type of multi-disc compilation. As long as you guys don't get screwed in the deal, how interested would you be in getting these unreleased songs out to the fans?

I had to ask lol. Songs like Trapeze, Sleeping In, Home, and Vampires are incredible.

I see this brought up a lot - I think there's a world of difference between releasing a redundant greatest hits record and a bunch of tracks no one has heard before. So the milking in the former's situation is a lot more likely than milking in the latter's situation. Milk.

Hopefully, if OLP were interested in such a release, Sony would be willing to go along with it. But seeing as how they're Sony, I doubt it. Bastards *shakes fist*

However, letting the band know there's a demand through means such as this (even though it's been asked about before) could help get the ball rolling on such an idear.
Last edited by runnersdialzero on 4/7/2010, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
runnersdialzero

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/7/2010, 8:21 pm

For Raine:

Would you fight me? Do you have the hook up to get us both in an official UFC fight that will be televised? If not, would you settle for fighting with those big inflatable hammers after a show? I'll supply the hammers.
runnersdialzero

Postby John Bob the Great » 4/7/2010, 8:25 pm

runnersdialzero wrote:

I see this brought up a lot - I think there's a world of difference between releasing a redundant greatest hits record and a bunch of tracks no one has heard before. So the milking in the former's situation is a lot more likely than milking in the latter's situation. Milk.

Hopefully, if OLP were interested in such a release, Sony would be willing to go along with it. But seeing as how they're Sony, I doubt it. Bastards *shakes fist*

But just our luck it will never happen because the demand is just not there! On this website maybe five different people are rooting for it. I bet you won't get an answer. That's right, I'm callin' you out OLP!!!!! Arrrgh! :yarr:
Sincerely, C.H.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde
John Bob the Great

Postby Furious George » 4/7/2010, 8:26 pm

First off, gotta thank Trusty and the band for this cool opportunity! Saw the SM concert at Massey- INCREDIBLE.

This question comes from the musician deep down in me:

I know that inspiration for songs can come from many different places and in many different ways. (Emotional events, just jamming with the band.. etc.) I was wondering if you guys could walk us through a few memorable songwriting experiences from inception to finish and how they differed from each other.

THANKS!

Also, To concur with Teedus in the first post - really think "The Right Stuff" has hit potential written all over it.
Furious George

Postby PeaceEleven » 4/7/2010, 10:43 pm

After experiencing the wonderful clumsy/sm tour, I have one question in mind : can we dream about a Naveed/Happiness tour in the future?
PeaceEleven

Postby faninor » 4/8/2010, 12:33 am

On the new album will Steve showcase his banjo skills?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/8/2010, 12:38 am

faninor wrote:On the new album will Steve showcase his banjo skills?

Steve was already asked this he said no
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Erikka » 4/8/2010, 5:32 am

runnersdialzero wrote:For Raine:

Would you fight me? Do you have the hook up to get us both in an official UFC fight that will be televised? If not, would you settle for fighting with those big inflatable hammers after a show? I'll supply the hammers.

:lol:
Erikka

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/8/2010, 9:38 am

faninor wrote:On the new album will Steve showcase his banjo skills?

Let's not forget the Mandolion also

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby PeaceEleven » 4/8/2010, 11:23 am

During this tour, you have played many songs that you haven't played live often. Did it make you want to add some of them to your sets for your regular concerts? If so, which ones do you feel like playing again regularly?
PeaceEleven

Postby adrenaline11 » 4/8/2010, 2:16 pm

What's the weirdest/funniest thing that's ever happened you guys on stage?

I mean, something out of the blue usually happens when you least expect it.
adrenaline11

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/8/2010, 3:00 pm

PeaceEleven wrote:During this tour, you have played many songs that you haven't played live often. Did it make you want to add some of them to your sets for your regular concerts? If so, which ones do you feel like playing again regularly?

I frigging meant to ask this after the show I went to and forgot. Hoping at least one of the more likely choices ("Life", "Right Behind You", or "Are You Sad?") makes its way back into the setlist after this, if not one of the more obscure tracks from one of the albums that they realized they really enjoy playing.
runnersdialzero

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/8/2010, 3:24 pm

I know Duncan said in an interview that he wants to keep playing If You Believe.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/8/2010, 3:24 pm

runnersdialzero wrote:
PeaceEleven wrote:During this tour, you have played many songs that you haven't played live often. Did it make you want to add some of them to your sets for your regular concerts? If so, which ones do you feel like playing again regularly?

I frigging meant to ask this after the show I went to and forgot. Hoping at least one of the more likely choices ("Life", "Right Behind You", or "Are You Sad?") makes its way back into the setlist after this, if not one of the more obscure tracks from one of the albums that they realized they really enjoy playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_9RQ_O-yJs

Not to derail the thread, but in this video interview Duncan and Raine talk about "adding deeper tracks" like All My Friends, If You Believe, and other rarities from SM and Clumsy to their regular setlist from now on since they have relearned them and know how to play them so well now.

EDIT: MOL beat me to it

Heavy Alibi

Postby runnersdialzero » 4/8/2010, 3:26 pm

Strong Alibi wrote:
runnersdialzero wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_9RQ_O-yJs

Not to derail the thread, but in this video interview Duncan and Raine talk about "adding deeper tracks" like All My Friends, If You Believe, and other rarities from SM and Clumsy to their regular setlist from now on since they have relearned them and know how to play them so well now.

EDIT: MOL beat me to it

Very, very noice.

I'd like to see "Big Dumb Rocket" back in the setlist, although I believe I read Raine isn't much a fan of it? Excuse my n00bness, again.
runnersdialzero

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/8/2010, 3:42 pm

BDR has definitely become a great rocker powerhouse in these shows I think, so I hope they do continue playing it. I don't remember ever hearing or seeing Raine say he disliked the song; I hope not, the band does a great job performing it.
Last edited by Heavy Alibi on 4/8/2010, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heavy Alibi

PreviousNext