ClumsyMonkey.net

20 Questions with OLP!!

This is for you, this is for us...

20 Questions with OLP!!

Postby Trustworthy » 4/7/2010, 12:03 pm

Ok so this is your chance to ask OLP anything you have ever wanted to ask them...

I cannot guarantee they are going to answer every question you put forth, but you never know ;)- they will be checking this thread so lets keep things organized, friendly and all neat and tidy up in this hizzle wizzle

So ya, post your questions - in bold - in here please and they will be answered soon ;)

love,
Mr. Trustworthy, Esq.

p.s - if anyone wants to be a smart ass or ends up being some sort of negative nancy i will hunt you down and dropkick ya right in the freakin ear :)
Trustworthy
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Teedus » 4/7/2010, 12:24 pm

Hey guys, loved the show in Kitchener.

My question is: will you please release those two songs that you had for Burn Burn that were never put on the album while we wait for new matieral?
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/7/2010, 12:33 pm

I'm sure I'll think of many questions but there's one thing I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. Thanks for doing this guys!!

Why has Dreamland only been played live a handful of times? I saw a video of it done in Tennessee in the fall which makes me wonder if it's ever been considered as a possible add to the setlist? I'd love :love: to see it done live.

Bree
Last edited by ClumsyGirl618 on 4/9/2010, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby sparks8268 » 4/7/2010, 12:40 pm

Hey guys thanks for doing something like this. The questions that pop up in these chats are generally things that fans have been wondering for awhile so its great to have them cleared up. That being said my questions are less about clearing the air and more about things i've personally wondered.

Were songs like Vampires, No Warning and Talk Is Cheap from the HIPT sessions ever finished to your liking and will they ever see the light of day? Also if you guys were going to add a cover to your current sets what would be each of your picks as a song they'd want to perform?
sparks8268

Postby Locobone » 4/7/2010, 12:42 pm

I just saw the "It Might Get Loud" documentary and was fascinated with the Edge's pedal effects layout for a U2 show and I'd like to ask Steve about his setup for this tour. I noticed him almost tap dancing on stage to get the desired sound for some of the songs.

How elaborate is Steve's setup to play these songs live compared to previous tours and what was the process like to learn/relearn some of the songs for the "An Evening With" tour?

Tom
Last edited by Locobone on 4/9/2010, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locobone

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/7/2010, 1:04 pm

Great idea and thread, Trusty... the band is really doing a lot of great things for their fans lately, and I have nothing but praise toward them for all they've done in recent months. They truly care about their fans, and they show it much more than a lot of other artists do.

In the past year you guys have both released your newest album Burn Burn, and re-experienced your older work Spiritual Machines and Clumsy. Musically and artistically, all three of these albums are very different. Now that you're working on your newest (8th) album, would you say it's shaping up as more like the style of your older work like SM and Clumsy, or newer work like Burn Burn? Or both?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby neoncrossing » 4/7/2010, 1:23 pm

Wow. This is simply amazing and so greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to reading answers to these questions. My question is:

What has been your favourite song that you don't usually play from Spiritual Machines and Clumsy to revisit and play live?

thanks for doing this...and please play neon crossing live again!!!
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Trustworthy » 4/7/2010, 1:26 pm

these are all great - keep em coming!
Trustworthy

Postby RileyLewis » 4/7/2010, 1:33 pm

Is your new material being influenced by the Clumsy and Spiritual Machines sets on the tour? If so, how?[/b]
RileyLewis

Postby MattCTUSA » 4/7/2010, 1:38 pm

My question is a follow up to the one I asked 10 years ago at Musique Plus! 40 years from now, in the year 2050, how would you like to be remembered as a band? Thanks! Matt
MattCTUSA

Postby Erikka » 4/7/2010, 3:11 pm

Wow, thanks for doing something like this. My english sucks, but i'll try.. Haha :)

Is there any song that makes you feel particulary connected to your fans when you play it live ?
Last edited by Erikka on 4/7/2010, 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erikka

Postby faninor » 4/7/2010, 3:17 pm

May I have permission to film the concerts in Victoria?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/7/2010, 3:22 pm

faninor wrote:Can I film the concerts shows in Victoria?

:nod: :nod: :lol: .. YOu kill me

TW I have two questions so either one will work.

Along Tom's question.

For Steve-
What is the difference between the sound on the Yamaha( you used to play live)and the Fenders and Gibsons you use now.? WIll that guitar ever make a come back to the shows?

For Raine
I think Raine writes some brilliant lyrics that I think are poetic, deep and passionate at times. Can he walk us through how a song is written lyrically.. Does he come to the band with an idea, thought or poem and they work on it form there. Or does he write lyrics to music. When do they know to walk away from song for either later or permently..
Out of the songs OLP has recorded which was the oldest one written..

Thanks Gail E.
Last edited by Tattooed Angels on 4/7/2010, 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Flynner » 4/7/2010, 3:35 pm

Thanks alot for doing this, and amazing SM concert at Massey Hall! I was really impressed.

I was just wondering what a realistic time line is for when we'll start to hear some new music? summer 2010? late 2010 early 2011? I Really can't wait lol, thanks agian.
Flynner

Postby faninor » 4/7/2010, 3:42 pm

Okay for realsies:

Any chance that the band might work in some of the 5 or 6 other songs (the ones that haven't been played much/at all) on Burn Burn before the end of the tour?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Random Name » 4/7/2010, 5:42 pm

What are the band's current influences, inspirations and/or favorite musicians or musical trends?
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/7/2010, 6:13 pm

I'd like to thank the band for doing this!

Matt told us he recently asked you guys about the possibility of releasing your previously unreleased tracks, to which you responded that Sony owns the masters. As Sony appears to have no problem milking your discography with Greatest Hits albums like A Decade and Playlist: The Very Best of Our Lady Peace, I'm inclined to think they'd be willing to make a dealwith some type of multi-disc compilation. As long as you guys don't get screwed in the deal, how interested would you be in getting these unreleased songs out to the fans?

I had to ask lol. Songs like Trapeze, Sleeping In, Home, and Vampires are incredible. But here's a list for the band to see. :)

Demo/Naveed/Clumsy/Happiness/Spiritual Machines/Gravity/Healthy in Paranoid Times/Burn Burn/Other

Out of Here
Personal Parade
Edge of Sanity
Nobody's Wrong
Blind Anniversary
Sorry
(there's other demos out there, but they are similar to their versions that made Naveed)

None known for sure, but there has to be a few as Raine I read an interview from the Happiness era where Raine said there were sometimes 20+ songs written for previous albums.
Julia (piano version, if recorded)
Home
Yourself
Trapeze
(once again, likely more)

Ordinary Day
Sleeping In (believed to be written during Clumsy, but not really worked on until Happiness)

A Waste of Violence
La Bra
(Mike also said "We've got so much music, we could even put another (album) out.")

Angelina's Song
Stop Screaming
(I think there is another song written with Turner besides these that didn't make the album)

Our Time Is Fading
(another song was worked on during the Our Time Is Fading session, according to Raine)

Talk Is Cheap
No Warning
Hit the Wall
Vampires
End of the World
Enemy
Save Yourself
Weight of the Lord
(24 other unknown songs)

What Kind of Life
Song7

Non-Album Tracks
The Needle and the Damage Done
Tomorrow Never Knows
Whatever
Imagine
Not Afraid
R.K. Jack
Kiss on the Mouth
Better Than Here
Last edited by MindsOnLoan on 4/11/2010, 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/7/2010, 6:15 pm

:lol: MOL I was going to ask about that but I knew you would end up doing it anyway :P
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby joparo » 4/7/2010, 6:39 pm

Any chance you guys are going to release live CDs of Clumsy and Spiritual Machines from this tour? That would be amazing!
joparo

Postby John Bob the Great » 4/7/2010, 6:40 pm

You guys pretty much asked all my questions.
I second MindsOnLoans question! :mrgreen:
Sincerely, C.H.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde
John Bob the Great

Next