ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine's Toronto Sun interview: Calls Clumsy fans "open minded" and SM fans "closed minded"

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby blueseeka » 3/7/2010, 3:21 pm

I hope moving forward the band continues this amazing idea. When an album is released they play it front to back and a 10-12 song second set (ofcourse I'd like a longer set but I think 12 songs is reasonable) with the usuals. Alot of times a song that I haven't been crazy about wins me over when I see it live.
blueseeka

Postby faninor » 3/7/2010, 4:11 pm

I also would like to see them play more of the new songs when touring for a new album... not really getting that so far with Burn Burn.

And I think the album-themed shows are a great idea, certainly would love to see them do it again.Other themes that would be cool too, especially if they're playing 2 nights per city (or 2 sets per night)

It would be awesome to see a tour like this:

1st set: latest album front to back
2nd set: another album front to back (don't announce the album for each show ahead of time -- keep it a surprise for the attendees)
encore: a handful of the other hits

OR

night 1
2nd set: OLP hits set

night 2
2nd set: "deeper cuts" set

OR

1st night: acoustic
2nd night: electric
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Fabio_kun » 3/7/2010, 10:05 pm

Is it me or Raine doesn't seem to like Spiritual Machines that much? lol.
Fabio_kun

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/7/2010, 10:10 pm

Actually it's the other way around... In an interview recently he talked about how much he loves that album and how it's kind of influencing their new album-in-progress. Yet he didn't have much to say when Clumsy was brought into discussion.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 3/8/2010, 9:32 pm

Yeah, I saw that interview. He seemed to be really praising the way he wrote it.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Previous