ClumsyMonkey.net

Canada for Haiti Benefit

This is for you, this is for us...

Canada for Haiti Benefit

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 1/22/2010, 10:47 pm

http://blog.muchmusic.com/canada-for-ha ... anuary-22/

Did any of our Canadian friends get the opportunity to watch this? I read somewhere it will be availible to watch again on Much Music or the CBC. However, being American and all, it won't allow me to watch it in the States. Boo. I was wondering if anyone recorded it or plans on it? I'd like to see the Raine and Chantal performances.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby MattCTUSA » 1/23/2010, 9:25 am

I was able to tape it...living in WA State, we get the CBC on Cable. Haven't watched it yet, was out and have to work this morning. From what I have heard though, the only performances were the Hip and Metric. I think Mr. and Mrs Maida were there for background support.
MattCTUSA

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 1/24/2010, 5:52 pm

Oh, OK thanks. I found this brief interview with them.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/top-picks/cana ... clip258298
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby MattCTUSA » 1/25/2010, 7:56 am

Yeah...they were on it very briefly, not live in the audience, but still awesome to see them be a part of it. The Hip's performance of Fiddler's Green was amazing, too.
MattCTUSA