ClumsyMonkey.net

Canada for Haiti-Raine to appear

This is for you, this is for us...

Canada for Haiti-Raine to appear

Postby Tattooed Angels » 1/21/2010, 3:19 pm

Raine will be one of many Canadians taking part in Canada for Haiti on Friday

Canada for Haiti, a unique Canadian benefit to support Haitian relief efforts will air Friday January 22 at 8:00 pm MT in Alberta.

Canada for Haiti, a unique Canadian benefit to support Haitian relief efforts will air Friday January 22 at 8:00 pm MT in Alberta.
"Canada for Haiti" TV special to support relief efforts
Updated: Thu Jan. 21 2010 12:55:34

ctvedmonton.ca

Canada's television networks and some of our country's biggest stars have united to take part in a multi-network benefit for Haiti Friday night.

"Canada for Haiti", is a commercial-free show will feature exclusive Canadian content that explore our country's close relationship with Haiti in this time of need.

The benefit will be broadcast at 8 p.m. MT in Alberta, and will be hosted by Ben Mulroney, Cheryl Hickey and George Stroumboulopoulos.

Dozens of famous Canadians from film, music and televison will lend their support to this unique event including: Michael J. Fox, Ryan Reynolds, William Shatner, Mike Holmes, Rick Mercer, Alex Trebek, Nelly Furtado, David Foster, Raine Maida, Pamela Anderson, Eugene Levy, Sarah McLachlan and Sandra Oh.

Humanitarian Craig Kielburger, Wayne Gretzky and Steve Nash will participate. Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Gov. Gen. Michaelle Jean will have special messages for Canadians.

Donations accepted during the broadcast will go towards a coalition of Canadian NGOs, including Canadian Red Cross Society, Care Canada, Free the Children, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam Quebec, Plan Canada, Save the Children Canada, UNICEF Canada and World Vision Canada.

Immediately following the show at 9 p.m. MT in Alberta, the U.S. benefit "Hope for Haiti Now" will also air on all three Canadian networks. Hosted by George Clooney, Wyclef Jean and Anderson Cooper, the telethon will feature a star-studded line-up of musical performances and celebrity appearances

The two-hour special will include performances from Bruce Springsteen, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, Coldplay and Taylor Swift.

Keith Urban, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, Bono, the Edge, Jay-Z and Rihanna are also scheduled to appear.

With files from Canadian Press

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Heavy Alibi » 1/21/2010, 6:10 pm

I wonder if he'll be playing any of his new material
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby DG » 1/21/2010, 6:36 pm

I don't think he's performing?
DG

Postby faninor » 1/21/2010, 7:19 pm

If he's performing, probably Innocent or a cover song. Can someone record this?
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby MindsOnLoan » 1/21/2010, 7:28 pm

I'd say Yellow Brick Road and Innocent, if another song if played, are the most likely candidates to be played.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Carson79 » 1/21/2010, 10:37 pm

What I saw only listed The Tragically Hip and K'naan (?god, I'm so out of the loop - who is this?) as performers, it only said Raine would be making an appearance or something like that.
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby DG » 1/21/2010, 11:29 pm

MsCarson79 wrote:What I saw only listed The Tragically Hip and K'naan (?god, I'm so out of the loop - who is this?) as performers, it only said Raine would be making an appearance or something like that.

That's what I read too.

And nobody really knows who K'naan is. haha.

Except my batshit insane Race teacher*... Obsessed with K'naan.

*I won't call her a professor.
DG

Postby Shanae » 1/22/2010, 10:31 am

I heard about this... my beloved George Stroumboulopoulos is co-hosting it. I think the Hip and K'naan are the only ones performing, and the rest are just going to encourage people to call and donate.

Too bad I won't be able to watch this... I really, really want to.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby ajk » 1/22/2010, 2:32 pm

MsCarson79 wrote:What I saw only listed The Tragically Hip and K'naan (?god, I'm so out of the loop - who is this?) as performers, it only said Raine would be making an appearance or something like that.

Canadian Rap Artist who's originally from Somalia. Really similar to K-OS in terms of his music. His track "Waving Flags" is actually the offical song for the 2010 World Cup of Soccer.

Met him a bunch of times out in Vancouver when he was recording his latest album.... super intelligent guy and a really humble dude.

I know that the whole hip-hop scene doesn't really jive with OLP fans.. but this guy is actually really really talented.
ajk

Postby Carson79 » 1/22/2010, 2:35 pm

Thanks, your right, hip-hop is not really my scene, but music is music and I will be checking him out tonight, I have pretty broad tastes. I don't feel as bad, at least I know who K-OS is! lol
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Tattooed Angels » 1/22/2010, 4:13 pm

If he performs I can see Innnocent cause the people who are victims are INNOCENT..

Chantal is there now so I can see them doing a duet. When they did the concert for Tsunami they did 'Bridge Over Troubled Water", and "Running To Stand Still" plus thier own songs..'

It does not matter if rap, country, hip-hop metal or whatever perform. The artist are lending their talents to help people..

I have no clue who is doing George Clooney's USA one on tonight.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels