ClumsyMonkey.net

Saul Fox dead???

This is for you, this is for us...

Saul Fox dead???

Postby Heavy Alibi » 10/28/2009, 9:57 am

http://acrn.com/features/interviews/?review=10

I dunno if this might be old news but according to Duncan in this interview, he "thinks" Saul has died. He said the last time they were talking to him he was in ill health.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby LifeRiot » 10/28/2009, 11:28 am

He looked not a day over 90 for the Happiness shoot. 10 years later. Yeah, he most likely bit it.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby Shanae » 10/28/2009, 9:25 pm

Oh...
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby MindsOnLoan » 10/28/2009, 9:40 pm

Sad to hear. It's also a shame that he and the band didn't keep contact...
MindsOnLoan

Postby John Bob the Great » 9/27/2010, 11:47 pm

I know this thread is old but I found an old Olp article from 1998 from the Toronto Globe & Mail while browsing through proquest newspapers.

Raine and Mike were talking about Saul, who's identity was not revealed at the time and Raine revealed a heartwarming story about Saul:

Simona Chiose. The Globe and Mail. Toronto, Ont.: Jan 19, 1998. pg. C.5

"Few musicians on their way to rock stardom, and even fewer bona fide rock stars, ever sound this mature. That all-grown-up side of the band is also reflected in one of its most intriguing aspects: the recurring image of an elderly man. He first popped up, shirtless, on the cover of Naveed . On Clumsy 'scover he is wearing makeup and hanging from a trapeze by his mouth. He was also seen in the band's ad campaign and is featured in a few vignettes shot by Maida and shown on video screens at the band's concerts. Maida and Turner talk about him, but leave enough out that who he is and what he does remains a mystery.

Maida explains that since meeting the man through a photographer friend, he has become an inspiration to the band. "He's a real gentle soul, he just loves his wife to death. I flew home from Seattle to shoot some vignettes with him and he was telling me about his wife. She's dying of cancer and one of her wishes was to go see the Arctic. So he took a six-month trip with her in a wheelchair. They stopped at every hospital on the way but he got her to the Arctic."
Sincerely, C.H.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde
John Bob the Great

Postby DG » 9/28/2010, 1:34 pm

That's so sweetly heartbreaking. Shame nobody knows of his current status for certain.
DG

Postby Kicker774 » 9/28/2010, 10:13 pm

Didn't Raine say something a few years back (Possibly Gravity era) along the lines of 'He's 97 years old, time to just let him live his life and stop letting us take photos of him with pigeon crap on him'

In other news I saw Steve Buscemmi looking rather Saul'esq on Boardwalk Empire the other night.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Tattooed Angels » 9/29/2010, 4:32 pm

Kicker774 wrote:Didn't Raine say something a few years back (Possibly Gravity era) along the lines of 'He's 97 years old, time to just let him live his life and stop letting us take photos of him with pigeon crap on him'

In other news I saw Steve Buscemmi looking rather Saul'esq on Boardwalk Empire the other night.

Were we watching the same show? I do not have any idea when that would of been.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Heavy Alibi » 10/8/2010, 12:55 pm

UPDATE:

Someone on Wikipedia is claiming to be a friend with Barbara Kagedan, who is apparently the niece of Saul Fox who lives in Ottawa. According to her Saul is still alive, but he has been debilitated due to his fight with Alzheimer's disease.

Here's the link to where the person has claimed this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk: ... _Fox_theme

:(
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Dr. Hobo » 10/8/2010, 2:16 pm

it could be true and all but as far as sources go that doesnt sound terribly promising...
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo