ClumsyMonkey.net

so i'll be interviewing olp in cleveland....

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby xjsb125 » 8/21/2009, 1:12 pm

It's not really awesome. It's fairly stupid and disrespectful. It's also a good way to get smashed by security. If the security would have been doing their job, this guy would have been toast before Raine ever got a word out of his mouth. Take a look at what happened to Noel Gallagher at Edgefest a while back when a ran on stage. The only other time I can recall a fan jumping on stage without permission is at the Juniata College show that Nikki and I went to back in '05. Some dumbass college kid hopped on stage after making a total ass of himself the whole concert. Not cool or awesome at all.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 1:20 pm

I meant Raine letting the guy stay onstage and not being a weiner about it, but I get what you mean, yeah.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 1:21 pm

The band seemed to enjoy it though. Raine just kind of started smiling and sang a little more, then pointed the mic over to the guy and let him sing, then Raine took a few steps back, smiled, and motioned him to do his thing on stage. So the guy started singing the chorus, thanked Raine, and jumped off stage. Security then tried throwing him out, which Raine put on end to it saying that it was couragious and a concert experience for sure.

They probably would have been uptight about it if they didn't already meet the guy, but they met him a few hours beforehand in the soundcheck.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 1:23 pm

How old was this guy anyways? When you say 'long-haired' I keep picturing a forty-some year old guy with greasy gray hair.
Shanae

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 1:31 pm

Shanae wrote:How old was this guy anyways? When you say 'long-haired' I keep picturing a forty-some year old guy with greasy gray hair.

I'd say he's in his early twenties. So you can match a face to the stories, here's a video a girl took of me standing with the two of them attempting to pump up everybody in line. Moments before this we broke out into Made to Heal, with the short haired one doing the guitar line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JnBvAv0Ek

Here's him jumping on stage (it's at 1:50):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkNjp93GBeE

I'm guess his name was Trevor, based on the comment someone left. They told me their names but I couldn't remember them... But they said something about how one of their friends had got a hotel room but couldn't make it so they're staying there, which would go with his post. So yeah.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Jamie_M » 8/21/2009, 2:23 pm

The guy with the short hair was at the 9:30 Club in DC. I waited in line with him (he was first, I was third). He was actually really cool and so very in love with the band, and especially with Raine (he even informed me that while he was straight, he'd totally sleep with Raine :lol: )! After the show, Jer came over to the edge of the stage and handed him a drumstick.
Jamie_M

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 3:00 pm

Jamie_M wrote:The guy with the short hair was at the 9:30 Club in DC. I waited in line with him (he was first, I was third). He was actually really cool and so very in love with the band, and especially with Raine (he even informed me that while he was straight, he'd totally sleep with Raine :lol: )! After the show, Jer came over to the edge of the stage and handed him a drumstick.

Yeah, he told me about and showed me pictures from that show. He said the venue was really small. He also saw them in Philadelphia where he met Steve (who actually offered the guy his address).

It's funny you said that about him sleeping with Raine, because a girl was talking about her crush on Jer, to which the long haired one replied, "Jer is the fucking man, he's so cool. I get what you mean. I'm straight, but if he wanted to kinda do some stuff I might just be up for it." :lol:
MindsOnLoan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/21/2009, 4:26 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:
Jamie_M wrote:The guy with the short hair was at the 9:30 Club in DC. I waited in line with him (he was first, I was third). He was actually really cool and so very in love with the band, and especially with Raine (he even informed me that while he was straight, he'd totally sleep with Raine :lol: )! After the show, Jer came over to the edge of the stage and handed him a drumstick.

Yeah, he told me about and showed me pictures from that show. He said the venue was really small. He also saw them in Philadelphia where he met Steve (who actually offered the guy his address).

It's funny you said that about him sleeping with Raine, because a girl was talking about her crush on Jer, to which the long haired one replied, "Jer is the fucking man, he's so cool. I get what you mean. I'm straight, but if he wanted to kinda do some stuff I might just be up for it." :lol:

who offered who an address. Steve to the guy or vice versa. This guy was at the soundcheck..It was ballsy but Raine got a kick out of it and let him sing. Afterwards he spoke with Steve and Jer. Raine and Duncan had all ready left..

forget this guy jumping on stage. The real daring thing of the night was Raine hanging off the balcony to jump down onto the barricade to get back on stage. He was just haning by one arm till he figured out how he would jump onto the railing to get back on stage.

MOL which person were you in there..The kid with the blue shirt.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 4:32 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:who offered who an address. Steve to the guy or vice versa. This guy was at the soundcheck..It was ballsy but Raine got a kick out of it and let him sing. Afterwards he spoke with Steve and Jer. Raine and Duncan had all ready left..

forget this guy jumping on stage. The real daring thing of the night was Raine hanging off the balcony to jump down onto the barricade to get back on stage. He was just haning by one arm till he figured out how he would jump onto the railing to get back on stage.

MOL which person were you in there..The kid with the blue shirt.

Steve offered the short-haired guy his address. Steve had asked him what he does, and the guy responded that he's a musician. So Steve told him to mail out some of his stuff and he'd see what he can do. The short-haired guy said, "I know he was just kind of humoring me, but it was so cool of him to actually do all that for me."

And yeah, I was the kid in the blue polo. I kept looking back in what I'm assuming was your direction before the concert because I thought whoever I was looking at was a CMer but couldn't place my finger on who.

And if I would have known Steve and Jer were sticking around I would have waited a few more minutes, since I had to head back home that night.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 8/21/2009, 4:38 pm

That is cool of Steve. He helps out young people also. The bus was in the back. They did a meet and greet. Jer came out front and spoke with people We went back to the bus and waited around. Jer came out and finally Steve. He told us he was the last to leave..

I had Steve leave a message on my voice mail at home. It was funny. Too bad it will only be on tehre for 20 days. LOL..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 4:41 pm

That's pretty awesome. Well, at least I'll know for next time. I pretty much can't wait for them to come back through there so I can take another mini-road trip to see them.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Jamie_M » 8/21/2009, 5:51 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:It's funny you said that about him sleeping with Raine, because a girl was talking about her crush on Jer, to which the long haired one replied, "Jer is the fucking man, he's so cool. I get what you mean. I'm straight, but if he wanted to kinda do some stuff I might just be up for it." :lol:

Hmmm, isn't there something about '4 guys in a room' in another thread? :nod:
Jamie_M

Postby gravity » 8/21/2009, 6:27 pm

no, i can't save it to transcribe it cuz it was bumped all the way to the left which was my channel. i'm gonna see if i can still bag a phone interview with jer though... maybe recapture some of the magic.

ps he wouldn't say who trustworthy was... but knew exactly what i meant :-P

the show rocked, wish i woulda seen some cm'ers though.... i think gail and bethany are the only ones i've met. oh, and one josh kid from cleveland. gail's the only one that still posts here though...

pps i have a pic of that one kid on stage... i'm too lazy to upload it right now though
<center><p><center>:brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: :brad: </center>

<center>Image</center>
gravity

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 6:59 pm

Gravity, just recall the conversation and write it down! Haha, it's hard and painful, but I seem to be really good at it. After all, my Marianas Trench stories ARE detailed! :P

Those guys seem like a lot of fun. And the girl who posted the video was the wench at the concert, MOL?
Shanae

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 7:06 pm

No, this girl was pretty cool. The girl I couldn't stand didn't show up until about 2 hours later (the gates opened at 7, OLP went on a little after 9).
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 8:42 pm

You should've hit on her. It's what I would've done. Mind you, if the person wasn't a girl.
Shanae

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/21/2009, 8:50 pm

Which one? The cool one or the bitchy one? The cool one had about 12 years on me, and the bitchy one had probably 5 or 6 on me and was... bitchy.
MindsOnLoan

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 8/21/2009, 9:08 pm

Was it Smooke? He said something similar to that effect about Raine in Toronto :)
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Heavy Alibi » 8/21/2009, 9:40 pm

@ClumsyGirl

Wow Raine's half-smiling in that new pic! Awesome! :P

By the way you're very pretty! Sure you didn't take Raine home on either of those occasions? :lol:
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Shanae » 8/21/2009, 11:15 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:Which one? The cool one or the bitchy one? The cool one had about 12 years on me, and the bitchy one had probably 5 or 6 on me and was... bitchy.

Woo, go for the older women! I mean the cool one. The bitchy one can just sob over not being smiled at by the band that sings "Somewhere Out There"'s lead singer.
Shanae

PreviousNext