ClumsyMonkey.net

Next Single

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby Carson79 » 1/15/2010, 11:39 am

I like Monkey Brains, but I find lately if I'm listening to the album I usually skip it, depending on my mood.
Carson79

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 1/15/2010, 1:29 pm

MsCarson79 wrote:I like Monkey Brains, but I find lately if I'm listening to the album I usually skip it, depending on my mood.

I love that song but I kinda feel like the live version is a little better. More energetic and Raine seems more enthuastic to sing it live than he does on the recorded version. They wanted this album to sound as live as possible but you can't feed off the audience when you're in a studio. :mrgreen:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Carson79 » 1/15/2010, 1:50 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:
MsCarson79 wrote:I like Monkey Brains, but I find lately if I'm listening to the album I usually skip it, depending on my mood.

I love that song but I kinda feel like the live version is a little better. More energetic and Raine seems more enthuastic to sing it live than he does on the recorded version. They wanted this album to sound as live as possible but you can't feed off the audience when you're in a studio. :mrgreen:

I liked it a lot better live too! The first time I heard it was live and it did have so much more energy. I feel that about most of the current album though, everything on it sounds much better live.
Carson79

Postby MindsOnLoan » 1/15/2010, 3:20 pm

gibbits wrote:Really? Monkey Brains to me is one of the last fragments of old OLP. For people complaining "the bridge doesn't fit" - Have you ever heard SUPERMANS DEAD?

Not even close to the same thing. The bridge in Superman's Dead slows down until it's quiet, then starts back with the same tuning. Yeah, the two halfs of the song are different from eachother, but they also sound like they should be crossed like that. Monkey Brains doesn't have that.
MindsOnLoan

Postby gibbits » 1/18/2010, 11:09 am

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:but you can't feed off the audience when you're in a studio. :mrgreen:

Check out the Black Crowes latest release, you sure as hell can.

MindsOnLoan wrote:Not even close to the same thing. The bridge in Superman's Dead slows down until it's quiet, then starts back with the same tuning. Yeah, the two halfs of the song are different from eachother, but they also sound like they should be crossed like that. Monkey Brains doesn't have that.

The Dude wrote:That's like, your opinion, man.

They fit about the same from where I'm standing - if you want to hear an ABRUPT change listen to Acid Bubble by Alice in Chains for something that's out of place (and yet still fucking incredible)
gibbits

Postby Carson79 » 3/31/2010, 1:14 pm

I was just thinking...wonder if they are going to release another single?
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby OLPManiac » 3/31/2010, 1:20 pm

I don't think that Burn Burn will have a third single....
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby DG » 3/31/2010, 1:50 pm

Probably not. But the love they're giving Paper Moon, I'm thinking that would be the one they'd choose.
DG

Previous