ClumsyMonkey.net

Threats of litigation over "Paper Moon" vid on Youtube

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby m2 » 5/14/2010, 3:45 pm

I remember this shit. That interviewer sucked. She had no right to mess with your video. She doesn't even have any ownership of the song whatsoever.

All this copyright stuff is bull sometimes. Hope everything goes smoothly with your account though.
m2

Postby John Bob the Great » 5/14/2010, 4:40 pm

World's A Blister wrote:I usually download pretty much everything I listen to before I end up buying it... Then again I buy things randomly based on cover art, if it's cheap enough.

Ditto. Remember those free music sites for college kids like Spiral frog and Ruckus? Without those, I wouldn't be into half of the 1960's bands I love. Or the Goo Goo Dolls! They all went bankrupt in 2008 and I had to scramble to find a DRM cracker to keep my music files!

These days I have to rely on Rate Your Music to find new acts.
Sincerely, C.H.
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” ~ Oscar Wilde
John Bob the Great

Postby World's A Blister » 6/25/2010, 10:44 am

John Bob the Great wrote:These days I have to rely on Rate Your Music to find new acts.

You should consider last.fm or Pandora for that... Both the recommended radio streams work pretty well IMO.
Darren
World's A Blister

Postby m2 » 6/25/2010, 11:23 am

Whoa Worlds a Blister! Where have you been?
m2

Previous