ClumsyMonkey.net

Threats of litigation over "Paper Moon" vid on Youtube

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby Heavy Alibi » 7/3/2009, 12:13 am

LOL from the band or from Jer?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Heavy Alibi » 7/6/2009, 2:52 pm

They have succeeded in getting my Paper Moon video removed from Youtube. It was removed by the goddamn interviewer too, not Raine or OLP. Asshats. They don't even own the rights to the audio of that song.

Heavy Alibi

Postby MindsOnLoan » 7/6/2009, 3:00 pm

I WANT ALL OLP SONGS OFF YOUTUBE. I'VE PLAYED THEM ON MY IPOD WHICH MEANS I HAVE THE RIGHT TO THEM AND SINCE THEY'RE INDIE NOW I DON'T THINK PEOPLE SHOULD GET TO HEAR ANY FULL SONGS UNTIL THEY BUY THEM. NOT EVEN SINGLES OR NOTHING.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Heavy Alibi » 7/6/2009, 3:04 pm

They put Raine Maida's name in the copyright claim but I highly doubt he had anything to do with it. What a bunch of whining wankers.

Heavy Alibi

Postby MindsOnLoan » 7/6/2009, 3:25 pm

Raine's not a stupid guy. I'm sure he knows if he lets a song stream online, then it will remain online. I doubt he minds it being on YouTube if he allowed it to stream online in the first place. If he didn't want it out there, then I'm sure he would have simply done the interview with no song.
MindsOnLoan

Postby OLPManiac » 7/6/2009, 3:34 pm

Strong Alibi wrote:They put Raine Maida's name in the copyright claim but I highly doubt he had anything to do with it. What a bunch of whining wankers.

It's true...now appear the name of Raine Maida...but the band with Trustworthy tell you that you cold to stay quiet and also theirs with Twitter and Jeremy's facebook have approved this...i don't understand
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Trustworthy » 7/6/2009, 4:26 pm

oh well, couple weeks and none of this will matter anymore.

at least people got to hear the song though. and its a damn fine song too.
Trustworthy
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 7/6/2009, 4:34 pm

Trustworthy wrote:oh well, couple weeks and none of this will matter anymore.

at least people got to hear the song though. and its a damn fine song too.

I correct you Mr.T the song isn't fine song but is an amazing song :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Tattooed Angels » 7/6/2009, 5:44 pm

YOu know it is always the *so called Industry people * blaming the fans for the band not succeeding.. 2002 I was in Moncton, NB on vacation. I went to a record store to get some cd's by some other artists from Canada I loved. . There was a guy putting up posters for Gravity> It was not out yet.. I had on an OLP shirt or something. He saw me and said you know they have a new cd coming out? I said yes I know. I have it. He then went off on me saying stuff like 'How do you have it, etc etc. " Then goes on to say that it is PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO RUIN IT FOR THE BAND. YOU ARE NOT A REAL FAN. . I was so upset by this man. It took fans on the CC to calm me down.

When I saw the band a few days later I was talking to Raine about the cd and he was cool with it. When I mentioned the run in I had with this rep he said pay him no mind.. We know how much you support us and appreciate it.

Here is the point. If the band does not really mind then why do all these reps do?

Then to blame a true fan for the band failing on top of it.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Heavy Alibi » 7/6/2009, 6:08 pm

At least if I had posted a song from Gravity then Sony could remove it and I'd be fine with that. But for Burn Burn, OLP owns the material and f@cking Susan whatshername owns no rights to that audio. Like Mindsonloan said, she owned that clip as much as he owns the songs on his iPod just because he plays them.

Heavy Alibi

Postby DG » 7/6/2009, 6:27 pm

Ridiculous.

Atleast someone else still has the song up on youtube... quite obvious that its there as well... people will still find the song. Susie Q is not gonna be able to stop it from being reposted over and over again.
DG

Postby RileyLewis » 7/6/2009, 10:37 pm

Just re-host it. Who cares?

It's like in 2005 (0r 6?) when OLP was in Regina. When they played Kiss on the Mouth, they asked everyone to record it and put it online. So everyone took out their phones, cameras, etc. And then security walked around and took peoples stuff for "breaking the rules". What? The band just asked them to do it!

Ridiculous.
RileyLewis

Postby Shanae » 7/6/2009, 10:45 pm

This is ridiculous. If the band is angry about it being up, then I understand, but they're totally cool with it. This woman should take the stick out of her ass.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Driven » 7/6/2009, 10:54 pm

Yeah, I like how they removed your video, but there are at least two still up.

I don't think there is a copyright on the Think Twice Radio website anyways.
Driven

Postby BOAT » 7/8/2009, 5:30 pm

Don't worry... if you haven't heard the song yet, I'll sing it to you over the telephone. ;)

That was a really shit interview though. The girl sucked a lot of balls throughout the whole thing! If this is how the website promotes music, I'll never visit them again.

-Kruno
looks like THIS boat's about to sink!
BOAT

Postby Dread » 7/13/2009, 11:48 am

myownsatellite wrote:If it wasn't for downloading, I wouldn't be into half the bands I am, and buying their albums.

Me, too... including OLP. I can't believe my fandom started with downloading Gravity illegally in 2002. Somehow I still wanted to listen to their older stuff after that.

I kid. :yarr:

However, I did buy Naveed, Happiness, and Spiritual Machines used, which went to an independent music store, which I doubt anyone has a problem with either.
Dread

Postby myownsatellite » 7/13/2009, 8:21 pm

Dread, remember our Lovedrug discussion? Lovedrug was my download discovery, and I'm glad I did (even if the lead singer is a dick about downloading). You can't believe how many people I've shoved THAT music on and I STILL buy the CDs when they come out.

Craziness!

I've downloaded a good chunk of the Matt Good discography and the only reason I haven't bought any of it yet is because I can't find it in stores, and I am poor. As soon as I have disposable income I plan on buying it all. There's nothing wrong with that!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby World's A Blister » 7/14/2009, 6:37 am

I usually download pretty much everything I listen to before I end up buying it... Then again I buy things randomly based on cover art, if it's cheap enough.
Darren
World's A Blister

Postby Automatic » 7/14/2009, 6:47 am

I'd say I'd put it up again but the album will be out within a week and I think you did a smashing job converting those to buy the album who might not have.

Yeah, I do still think the interviewer didn't the right to take the music down but I think the plus side is that most of us we'll have the album in our hands within a week so like Trusty said - it's probably best to just forget about it all.
Automatic

Postby Heavy Alibi » 5/14/2010, 7:02 am

Just an update to this.

I recently got my Youtube account suspended for another video I uploaded that inadvertently contained some content from CBS Viacom, which I obviously can't refute.

So in order to redeem my account I am now officially refuting this Paper Moon video through Youtube's copyright system, on the grounds that the copyright takedown claim was not requested by the actual copyright holders, OLP and Coalition Entertainment. If they (Target Audience Magazine) don't respond within 10 days, my video will be restored. Just putting it out there, I don't think OLP or Coalition actually have anything to do with this so they shouldn't need to be involved.

Heavy Alibi

PreviousNext