68%
No.
5%
Spam-sheilds ACTIVATE!
11%

Total votes : 19

SWOT: Thoughts and a Blooper

Postby Furious George » 5/28/2002, 7:10 pm

This is probably a thought that a lot of CMers share: After listening to Gravity, SWOT becomes a better song. It really fits in nicely to the album after a couple of listens.

Also, when I first saw the video, I did not like what I saw. It simply was not OLP. But after a while it kinda grows on you. If you want to like it, then you've got to appreciate it as what it is: a simple rock video. If you keep on leeching on and on about how its not OLP you never take anytime to like it.

And finally, there is a blooper in the video that I have noticed. At around the 3:12 mark the band is completely motionless as the girl is falling, even though they were rocking like usual before, and there is still music being played.
Furious George

Postby Endymion » 5/28/2002, 7:44 pm

I noticed that but I thought it was supposed to be that way, so you focused on just the girl, like everything around her stopped as she fell.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion

Postby I AM ME » 5/28/2002, 9:09 pm

Yeah i thought that too
I AM ME

Postby trentm32 » 5/29/2002, 8:55 am

I haven't even noticed that; guess I was focusing on the girl a bit too much :lando:
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby defying_gravity » 5/29/2002, 9:18 am

I don't understand the question.
picturize the nights and days you close the book and float away and somehow in between you gotta master lying to yourself you max your cards get out of school you get a job your job gets you and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
defying_gravity

Postby neoncrossing » 5/29/2002, 5:57 pm

what about another blooper....just before the girl falls, it focuses just on her hand...but the hand looks like a guys hand....anyone else notice that one???
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 5/29/2002, 6:00 pm

hey, she could have some pretty beast-like hands ya know.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby neoncrossing » 5/29/2002, 6:02 pm

she was too hot to have man hands....besides, you can tell she has very small hands when she is climbing
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby Joey » 5/29/2002, 6:02 pm

defying_gravity wrote:I don't understand the question.

Me neither :wtf:
Joey

Postby Axtech » 5/29/2002, 6:10 pm

Someone else pointed out how around 2:30 (somewhere around there), Raine has a close-up with his hands on the mic, then he has a wide shot of him beside the mic reaching out to the crowd, then it goes back to the same close-up shot... It's just bad editing. :mrgreen:
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Bananababy » 5/30/2002, 8:06 am

OLPFan420 wrote:hey, she could have some pretty beast-like hands ya know.

ehehe thats funny :mrgreen:
boo.
Bananababy