ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine Maida - iTunes Canada pre-order bonus tracks.

This is for you, this is for us...

Raine Maida - iTunes Canada pre-order bonus tracks.

Postby faninor » 11/4/2007, 11:13 pm

Raine's new album comes with two bonus tracks if you're Canadian and you use iTunes and you preorder it. Titles are "21st Century Blues" and "Victim of a Small Town."

I have software to rip the DRM from the files without reencoding the audio, so I pre-ordered the album and will pass these two tracks along to whoever likes since many people either don't use iTunes or aren't in Canada.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby reza » 11/5/2007, 12:02 am

you're my hero.
Image]
reza
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby myownsatellite » 11/5/2007, 12:17 am

How does iTunes know if we're in Canada or not? I use iTunes but I'm in the US :(
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Lando » 11/5/2007, 1:35 am

I think josh was talking about this a while ago, you need to buy a specific type of itunes card, the canadian version that you can't buy in the USA or something, or have a canadian credit card registered. He was trying to get someone to help him with some canadian tracks, because with his US credit cards or itunes cards the stuff he was looking for wasn't available on the US itunes.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby faninor » 11/5/2007, 8:49 am

Yeah, there are different iTunes stores for each country, and you can select which one to go into, but in order to buy from a specific country you need a credit card from that country (or an iTunes giftcard purchased in that country).
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 11/5/2007, 9:34 am

Blah that sucks.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 11/5/2007, 8:11 pm

But it doesn't matter how much iTunes sucks because I'll hook you all up with the DRM-free files! :)
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 11/5/2007, 8:20 pm

And that's one of the many reasons I heart you!! :love:
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Teedus » 11/5/2007, 9:13 pm

Yeah, I actually bought Don't Let it Bring You Down and spent some time today converting it to MP3 so I know it's not hard to do. These songs will get passed. Makes me wonder if I should cancel my pre-order (I want the CD case).
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby faninor » 11/13/2007, 10:03 pm

Hmm, for some reason iTunes is forcing me to update before allowing me to purchase this album.

So either:

1. It is iTunes Plus and didn't bother to mention that, so no DRM

or

2. Apple is stupidly (or evil-y) making people update to purchase new albums so they can't strip DRM away from their files using the security holes in older versions of iTunes.

I'll try to do what I can to get the songs shared though.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Teedus » 11/13/2007, 10:20 pm

I bought the songs today on iTunes and you don't need to rip it - they didn't lock it at all and it's not limited to just iTunes.
Teedus

Postby faninor » 11/13/2007, 11:34 pm

That's great. At least iTunes is moving towards iTunes plus at regular prices. If you could email the two songs to me at joshua.t.day@gmail.com I'll upload them somewhere.

The iTunes store is giving a lot of people problems. It says my pre-order is no longer available immediately after saying that it's available to download and I confirm that I want to complete the purchase. I can find the tracks listed individually for sale when I search for Raine Maida, but when I click to buy them it says they're no longer available. I can find the pre-order album still listed, but when I click for details it says it will be released in the year 2038.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby faninor » 11/13/2007, 11:38 pm

teedus18 wrote:Yeah, I actually bought Don't Let it Bring You Down and spent some time today converting it to MP3 so I know it's not hard to do. These songs will get passed. Makes me wonder if I should cancel my pre-order (I want the CD case).

There are actually ways to convert iTunes' protected .m4p files to unprotected .m4a files without doing any reencoding of the audio. It's a little trickier, but a better alternative in terms of quality.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Teedus » 11/13/2007, 11:54 pm

Yeah, I converted Don't Let it Bring You Down so I know how to do it, but luckily I didn't have to.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bvdfbytorxn

http://www.mediafire.com/?229mfcgbnnz

There are the songs.
Teedus

Postby myownsatellite » 11/14/2007, 2:07 pm

Thanks teedus! :)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby RobDMB » 7/5/2008, 9:44 pm

I know that I'm WAY late on this request... but is there any way you could find it in your hearts to re-up those two bonus songs? I'd really appreciate it.
-=Rob=-
RobDMB

Postby myownsatellite » 7/6/2008, 9:49 am

Hmm...I don't remember deleting these songs, I wonder why I don't have them anymore!

So...motion seconded (because I couldn't find it on the Hub either)!
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Tattooed Angels » 7/6/2008, 1:41 pm

I am hoping they make it to the AMERICAN RELEASE..

When I saw Raine in March I told him I loved 21st Century Blues. He said something about never knowing. It might make it out there one day. I am hoping they do like what they did when Chantal's cd was released down in the U.S.A. They added one more song to the cd, and you got 2 live tracks from teh Canadian tour.. I know they taped Toronto and Montreal from Raine's solo show.

The cd comes out on Aug 26th

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby myownsatellite » 7/6/2008, 2:07 pm

21st Century Blues was released on his solo album, wasn't it?
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby myownsatellite » 7/6/2008, 2:07 pm

Haha never mind, I figured out why I didn't remember deleting them, it's because I didn't XD

These are the songs we're talking about right?

21st Century Blues - http://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdHR ... amZIRGc9PQ
Victim of a Small Town - http://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdHR ... WURIRGc9PQ

And maybe they're hidden tracks on the CD? Because they are both listed as being from the album, and they have track numbers attached to them from when I imported the CD after I bought it...
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Next