ClumsyMonkey.net

Raine Maida's Solo effort/MySpace page

This is for you, this is for us...

Raine Maida's Solo effort/MySpace page

Postby LifeRiot » 9/6/2006, 2:48 pm

Http://www.myspace.com/rainemaida

Raine has begun Updating his Myspace page with Information on his solo record.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

new thoughts and music coming
Category: Music

hello everyone, for the last twelve years i have been racing across this planet, recording and playing music in Our lady Peace. This journey has recently landed me in a very interesting place. Although it has been bubbling within my sub-conscience for awhile, timing has now made possible for a personal creative expression quite different from OLP. Over the next 6 weeks i will be recording poems,songs and experimental pieces. These will hopefully come together to make up,if nothing else,an interesting interpretation of my innermost thoughts. I will be posting some of these pieces as "works in progress" shortly, along with photo's of the sessions and podcast's. this is an experiment that i am very excited about and look foward to sharing with you both in the digital domain and in a live human setting.
sincerely,
Raine Maida

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the recording has begun

the left side of my brain has without question atrophied over the years. either that or am i sleep deprived. my technical/problem solving skills were greatly challenged yesterday in the studio. wires everywhere. microphones not working. EQ trouble. in spite of it all we managed to record some drums and percussion for my forthcoming record. A friend of mine named Victor Indrizzo came with the rhythm skills. he used to play with Beck but has a world of drumming experience beyond "loser" . Danny Kalb also was here to help out.
i haven't gone back to listen to what we did last evening yet but my sub-conscious is prodding me to. i'll let you know...

songs i worked on...tentative titles..."who sold you out" "attention please" "a constant reminder" " she rides the elevators"
R
LifeRiot