ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Postby Teedus » 6/19/2006, 9:15 pm

Yeah - I laughed at that. Who were they trying to fool? Man... Much needs to be blown up.
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby Hope » 6/26/2006, 1:30 am

A few hours ago i watched this week's edition of Going Coastal on MuchMusic and there was a short interview with Duncan and Raine. the vj was first talking about the Simple Plan song that Motley Crue adopted as single, then went on talking about Bob Rock and how he seemed to break up bands like Metallica... then he mentioned OLP.

The interview wasn't too special, it was mostly about Bob Rock and little else, but it was nice/surprising to see them on Going Coastal, in between Ladytron and Arctic Monkeys videos.

They played Will The Future Blame Us after the interview.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby raineshower » 6/26/2006, 7:25 am

Well, the Tea Party split after Bob Rock did their last album "Seven Circles".

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away AND have their shoes.

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby myownsatellite » 6/26/2006, 7:26 am

Bob Rock is the Devil.
When will people figure this out?
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby raineshower » 6/28/2006, 6:59 am

myownsatellite wrote:Bob Rock is the Devil.
When will people figure this out?

Well, he's a devil with a recording studio in Maui.... so... lol

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby Hope » 7/5/2006, 2:18 pm

photo of raine from edgefest (via Chart)

http://www.chartattack.com/gallery/
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Dabekk » 7/13/2006, 12:21 am

anyone mentioned this? there's a new video up on olp's myspace for a song called 'kiss on the mouth'

sorry if this is old, I don't hang around these parts as much as I used to.
Dabekk

Postby Random Name » 7/15/2006, 8:28 am

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/07/1412.cfm

Discussing the marriage of Avril and Deryck...

"It remains to be seen whether or not the joining of Canada's latest power couple will have an effect on the output of Sum 41. Many fans fear that Lavigne will have a Yoko Ono-like chill on the rockers, resembling the way that Chantal Kreviazuk's emasculation of Raine Maida has caused a degradation of Our Lady Peace's music."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Chart...how I love thee
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby myownsatellite » 7/15/2006, 8:41 am

That's funny, because they're comparing a bad punk band to one of the best bands that ever existed. :lol:
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Random Name » 7/15/2006, 9:03 am

:no:
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby raineshower » 7/15/2006, 9:39 am

Random Name wrote:Many fans fear that Lavigne will have a Yoko Ono-like chill on the rockers, resembling the way that Chantal Kreviazuk's emasculation of Raine Maida has caused a degradation of Our Lady Peace's music."

That's pretty harsh. Where do they get off?

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby Random Name » 7/15/2006, 9:50 am

They're chart. Thats where they get off.

...and they're mostly right. :eek:
I'm not suggesting that post chantel is bad....but its certanly no longer the clumsy rock/grunge sound they once had.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby raineshower » 7/15/2006, 10:33 am

yeah, but bands grow... ideas and thoughts change as they mature.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of boring if they put out the exact same thing album after album.

--The OTHER Nikki--
raineshower

Postby Kathy » 7/15/2006, 11:35 am

In general, how many bands had leads who got married and had kids... and still put out the same music they did earlier? It makes you grow up and it changes your life... how can anyone expect you to talk/write/sing in the same way about the same things?

That being said... Happiness was written while Raine and Chantal were dating and SM came out after they got married - these are 2 of my favourite albums ever, so I can hardly say their relationship has had a negative influence.

/my 2 cents
<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby myownsatellite » 7/15/2006, 5:50 pm

Yeah I agree with Kathy, I don't think it's Chantal that's having an effect on OLP. I know Raine has had an effect on Chantal because I've seen her music grow and change since they've been together, but I don't think that Chantal is the reason for the change in OLP.

I think part of it was the stress of Mike leaving, and I think part of it was the fact that the public will not listen to things that aren't "mainstream", and mainstream these days is punk-pop-rock-wannabes (or rock wannabes period, like Nippleback), and OLP just doesn't fit in that category. So to compensate they've attempted new sound after new sound, and it just isn't working.

I think if they mixed together their old style with their new style (like they started to do on Paranoid with Wipe That Smile Off Your Face) they could make a really great album. I just hope that once they get away from Sony and Bob Rock they'll be able to go on to bigger and better records, once again the band we all know and love.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Random Name » 9/14/2006, 7:35 am

Chart on the idol single:
"During the course of Monday's show, both Sharpe and Avila performed "Meant To Fly," a tepid tune written by Chantal Kreviazuk, Raine Maida and Gaby Moreno that the winning contestant will eventually release. Unfortunately, the song itself spreads its wings and craps all over your head with trite weather and bird metaphors. Haven't we already been there with R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly?," Hilary Duff's "Fly?" or even Three 6 Mafia's "Stay Fly?" If readers start hanging at my desk screaming "Meant To Fly," remind me to spread my arms and leap out the window.

Nevertheless, the performers handled the bland material admirably. While Avila's version possessed an appealingly understated, earthy bounce to it, the singer's initial metaphorical flight sounded like it was phoned in from one of those $10-per-minute phones on the back of airplane seats. By the midway point, however, Avila brought her big powerful voice out to play and delivered some truly stunning notes.

Sharpe, on the other hand, turned the tune into the kind of power balladry that you might fear hearing while racing to your death in a falling elevator. Nevertheless, his impassioned delivery completely sold it, inspiring judge Zack Werner to run up on stage and hug the contestant in lieu of making a comment."
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Sonya » 10/13/2006, 3:36 pm

albums 'Naveed' and 'Clumsy' were voted 56 and 87 respectively by listeners of CFOX 99.3 for some Top 99 Albums thing.
"if the nuremberg trials were applied to us foreign policy, every us president since 1945 would have been hanged." noam chomsky.

...and this is me hanging on / i'd burn our initials in the sun if it would shine / anxiety chokes me like razor wire / if hate's in your heart man, you'll take what you're given / wake up / i'm not the only one / it's never goodbye / go ahead and play dead / if everyone's a casualty, then take your time, there ain't no trouble / these wounds they will not heal / ambition can be a tricky thing / what the hell do i know about rape anyway? / this is not what i hoped for / ain't it so weird how it makes you a weapon / who will be there to tell me how stupid i am? / those living for death will die by their own hand / and it's me that I am spying on / pick up the pieces and live with the stars / hurry up and wait / things have never been so swell / they're always the ones who slowly drift / be great / ...and this is my world.
Sonya

Postby Hope » 10/13/2006, 6:10 pm

velvet revolver at #8? sum 41 above Clumsy? what madness. i didn't expect a terribly good list anyway.

and ive noticed that every year cfox lists naveed higher than clumsy.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Lando » 10/13/2006, 6:52 pm

because it's better!
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Lando » 10/13/2006, 6:53 pm

Naveed #1 Clumsy #2 then they can play around with the other 98