ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: General OLP News

Postby saman » 4/3/2014, 8:22 am

Point of interest, Jeremy was on the weather network (the canadian channel, i don't know if TWN is in the states too) this morning on their VIP Weather segment, talking about a big ice storm in January 1998, and how much havoc the storm caused and they had to cancel shows because of it. i checked the TWN website to see if they had a video of it uploaded, but they don't :S
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Long Jonny » 10/16/2014, 4:21 pm

December 4th in Detroit... :heythere:

I will leave you with that for now.
Long Jonny
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby gibbits » 11/23/2014, 11:06 am

Looks like us old curmudgeon fans of real rock and roll are finally getting what we've been begging for. OLP Facebook just teased the b-sides/vault release!
gibbits

Postby myownsatellite » 11/23/2014, 12:59 pm

Gibbits, you're a couple days behind but I'm glad to see more people coming out of the woodwork! ;) We are super stoked!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 12/5/2014, 10:55 am

Noticed this on Twitter:

Mark McKenzie ‏@Baconator89x Dec 4 wrote:Interviewing @MrRaineMaida today at @FillmoreDetroit. I'll be airing a 1hr special on @OurLadyPeace Sunday night at 9PM on @TheOfficial89X
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby titanMAX » 12/7/2014, 5:28 pm

Anyone gonna be able to record that interview? Im not sure I can catch it.
titanMAX

Postby faninor » 12/7/2014, 9:18 pm

Oops, I was gonna but had company over today and forgot all about it.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 12/7/2014, 9:27 pm

Joshy, you have let us all down. *shakes head*
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby xjsb125 » 12/7/2014, 10:53 pm

Nothing said that we didn't already know in the interview. They worked on some songs last week, and they may or may not do more tracks with Elizondo.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 12/8/2014, 5:36 am

xjsb125 wrote:Nothing said that we didn't already know in the interview. They worked on some songs last week, and they may or may not do more tracks with Elizondo.

I'm happy to see that despite the b-sides release they are still working on new material...but i'm wondering...what they want to do with the drums? They won't replace Jer at least for the new album? Or will they make the album and then will use a stunt drummer like Pearce? Well i know that it's almost impossible to replace Jer but i also think that a rock band needs a stable drummer...
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 12/8/2014, 9:15 am

Raine said they weren't rushing into any decisions on a drummer. He said they really enjoy Jason's playing. There might be a possibility of them bringing him into the studio later on.
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 12/8/2014, 10:39 am

xjsb125 wrote:Raine said they weren't rushing into any decisions on a drummer. He said they really enjoy Jason's playing. There might be a possibility of them bringing him into the studio later on.

Thanks for answer Matt...i know that probably some of you didn't like Jason because he moves a lot in the live shows...but i have a positive feeling about him...well we will see! I think that there won't be a new studio release anytime soon...maybe in 2016...i will be surprised if the guys will release an album next year then there is a lot of time.

OLPManiac

Postby saman » 12/26/2014, 7:50 pm

saman

Postby OLPManiac » 12/27/2014, 1:06 pm

I find this on Raine's twitter: http://vimeo.com/115449508
It's a song from Raine and Chantal...the duo it's called Moon vs Song and the name of the song is "I Love It When You Make Me Beg".
Do you know more about the duo? I mean other songs or other videos etc..

OLPManiac

Postby Driven » 12/30/2014, 11:52 am

I've only seen some of Jason's work with OLP on Youtube, but I think he's fantastic. Clearly a different type of drummer than Jeremy, but honestly he probably fits the current OLP better now. He drums hard with a lot of energy. I hope they keep him.
Driven

Postby ivewaited » 12/30/2014, 8:17 pm

Jeremy was hitting that ride way too much lately. Getting tired compared to Happiness especially.
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby xjsb125 » 12/30/2014, 8:47 pm

If you're in Toronto, Jeremy is sitting in with Robin's cover band Dwayne Gretzky on NYE. I'll try to get details.

Edit: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/new-years-ev ... 7B858A4BC8

Danforth Music Hall. Tickets are $25-$40, 10PM start time.
xjsb125

Postby Tinman » 1/2/2015, 9:04 am

ivewaited wrote:Jeremy was hitting that ride way too much lately. Getting tired compared to Happiness especially.

Can you go into more detail on this? Which ones the ride (Clearly im not a drummer).

I know Happiness had a guest drummer or two... because he'd broken his foot during that recording process. I've always wondered how much of the drums on Happiness he wrote (all, or did the studio/guest drummers write those parts)? You say "Was"... is that to imply he'd changed before quitting?

My personal thoughts were that he'd written everything except Stealing Babies (which was played by Elvin Jones... apparently a drumming legend of some sorts, and the jazz exposition at the end especially made me think that it was probably Elvin who wrote the parts, despite me knowing almost nothing of the guy).
Tinman

Postby OLPManiac » 1/2/2015, 10:23 am

Tinman wrote:
ivewaited wrote:Jeremy was hitting that ride way too much lately. Getting tired compared to Happiness especially.

Can you go into more detail on this? Which ones the ride (Clearly im not a drummer).

I know Happiness had a guest drummer or two... because he'd broken his foot during that recording process. I've always wondered how much of the drums on Happiness he wrote (all, or did the studio/guest drummers write those parts)? You say "Was"... is that to imply he'd changed before quitting?

My personal thoughts were that he'd written everything except Stealing Babies (which was played by Elvin Jones... apparently a drumming legend of some sorts, and the jazz exposition at the end especially made me think that it was probably Elvin who wrote the parts, despite me knowing almost nothing of the guy).

You're wrong...then for Happiness you're right Jer wrote all the drum parts except for Stealing Babies...the broken ankle was on Spiritual Machines and also here wrote all the drums part but he broke its ankle near the end of the recordings session then the band decided to brought Matt Cameron to record Are You Sad and Right Behind You..but it was Jer that write the drums.
I think that ivewaited want to tell that Jeremy wasn't the same after Happiness and partially i agree with him...i think that on Spiritual Jeremy was also good but it's also true that fron Gravity Jeremy was on another level (in a negative way) respect first four album...and probably its skills weren't used in a proper way in my personal opinion...it's also true that we have some highlights also after Gravity (now i'm thinking about Refuge on Burn Burn...simply amazing) but of course Jeremy is capable to do better...like Steve...if we take only HiPT (that was the first real album where he was involved on recording) probably Steve didn't seem a great guitarist...but if we take Burn Burn and Curve he is really amazing...of course again in my personal opinion..

OLPManiac

Postby faninor » 1/2/2015, 10:54 am

I'm pretty sure that most of Stealing Babies was written and played by Jeremy as well -- at least the first half of the song is him, definitely. During the 2nd half of the song there's 1 drum kit panned to the right and 1 drum kit panned to the left.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

PreviousNext